MAG 13.55 Prime shipping available

I've been back and forth on this all week, it's dropped about .30 every two or three days now. I would like to second fujimitsu's question on how active the community is though.

i just bought this with gamestops buy 2 get 1. was very surprised with it. i hated the beta but since the newest update came out its great. also dont worry about the community at all. i usually play late at night cause of my schedule. theres still full domination matches (256 players) going on at 3am. youll always have people to pla with. if you get it join SVER and add me on psn to play :D

The only negative thing i have to say about it is god damn its bland as hell but the levels are huge and the leveling up/unlocking mechanic is fun.

I seriously loved this game. put more hours into this than probably anything else, but they lost me when they removed friendly kills. I can't recall if it was just that you couldn't knife each other, or if it was with all weapons, but taking away my ability to knife my friends just killed it for me. I'm sorry but starting off a match and having everyone cautiously turn around anticipating being knifed by teammates was just too funny. still a very fun game for anyone who doesn't mind the lack of this feature, which is probably the vast majority of the online community. its a great change from the typical shooter, which usually places you in a tiny crowded map, which is what usually keeps me away from the COD games.

[quote name='3peen']I seriously loved this game. put more hours into this than probably anything else, but they lost me when they removed friendly kills. I can't recall if it was just that you couldn't knife each other, or if it was with all weapons, but taking away my ability to knife my friends just killed it for me. I'm sorry but starting off a match and having everyone cautiously turn around anticipating being knifed by teammates was just too funny. still a very fun game for anyone who doesn't mind the lack of this feature, which is probably the vast majority of the online community. its a great change from the typical shooter, which usually places you in a tiny crowded map, which is what usually keeps me away from the COD games.[/QUOTE]

:lol: reminds me of my CS days with FF on

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Is this game more fun than games like call of duty because it has more players? What are your opinions?[/QUOTE]

No its more fun because it emphasizes team work. its an awesome thing to see a squad coming together and working together. even cooler when its a team of 128 people working together.

[quote name='aots16']No its more fun because it emphasizes team work. its an awesome thing to see a squad coming together and working together. even cooler when its a team of 128 people working together.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Playing a 256 player battle really makes you feel like you're part of something big. The whole battle is objective based and everybody has to work together to take down the objectives. Seeing the rest of your faction making progress and being part of that was really thrilling. I havent played the game in a while due to so many other games (partly CAGs fault :) but this is a permanent part of my collection. I would totally recommend this game at 13.xx.

I hear they released a pretty big patch somewhat recently that changed up a lot of the game. Tempted to get a copy and try it again. It was never bad but it wasn't my cup of team. A big problem i had was the controls, I remember them being somewhat different than most other shooter which annoyed me tremendously but isn't a game breaker.

Got rid of black ops and I need something to hold me over till gears hits. I guess for $13 I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='3peen']I seriously loved this game. put more hours into this than probably anything else, but they lost me when they removed friendly kills. I can't recall if it was just that you couldn't knife each other, or if it was with all weapons, but taking away my ability to knife my friends just killed it for me. I'm sorry but starting off a match and having everyone cautiously turn around anticipating being knifed by teammates was just too funny. still a very fun game for anyone who doesn't mind the lack of this feature, which is probably the vast majority of the online community. its a great change from the typical shooter, which usually places you in a tiny crowded map, which is what usually keeps me away from the COD games.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: That was the ONLY reason I liked the game at all when I got it from a Hollywood Video closing sale. I would just kinda lay in wait in the base waiting for my teammates to respawn there and then jump out of the shadows and knife em to death for the lulz.;)

Otherwise there were far too many people who would grab sniper rifles and pick you off from half the map away and keep doing so.:cry::roll:
[quote name='aots16']No its more fun because it emphasizes team work. its an awesome thing to see a squad coming together and working together. even cooler when its a team of 128 people working together.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I always picked the games loaded up with newbies, but none of the people I played with ever really coordinated anything very well.:whistle2:#

This game is straight up awesome, and one of my current obsessions. I should be getting the platinum soon.

I would say there are are probably 2,000 people on each PMC at any given time except maybe early mornings, so 6,000 people total.

Doubt anyone will be playing MAG or any PS3 game online for awhile since PSN got hacked and taken down for an undetermined amount of time.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Doubt anyone will be playing MAG or any PS3 game online for awhile since PSN got hacked and taken down for an undetermined amount of time.[/QUOTE]

...you don't know it got "hacked". its an external intrusion.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']...you don't know it got "hacked". its an external intrusion.[/QUOTE]

It did get hacked, what the fuck do you think an "external intrusion" means? The rumor going around is that they got into the Admin Dev accounts which made them shut down PSN.

[quote name='blinkFRO']Is MAG still worth it?[/QUOTE]

Not right now since the PSN network is down and this game is online only.

Stick to Killzone 3 or Black Ops or something like that... don't waste your time with this.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']...you don't know it got "hacked". its an external intrusion.[/QUOTE]

That means the same thing. "I am not broke, I just don't have money."

PSN isn't going to be down forever you know... If you ordered this today the earliest you'd get it is Tuesday and I bet PSN will be back up by then (or within a few days from that at the latest)

[quote name='mickleohb']PSN isn't going to be down forever you know... If you ordered this today the earliest you'd get it is Tuesday and I bet PSN will be back up by then (or within a few days from that at the latest)[/QUOTE]

Seconded. People are getting really ridiculous about this situation.

I picked the game up about a month ago and love it. I'd highly recommend the game.

[quote name='primetime']Seconded. People are getting really ridiculous about this situation.

I picked the game up about a month ago and love it. I'd highly recommend the game.[/QUOTE]

If this is for you then great, but there are much better Multiplayer options for the PS3. Metacritic agrees.

[quote name='oasisboy']If this is for you then great, but there are much better Multiplayer options for the PS3. Metacritic agrees.[/QUOTE]

I believe this thread is about a MAG deal. In my post I said I'd highly recommend it.

Perhaps you can start a thread in the PS3 forum about much better multiplayer options for the PS3 and their respective Metacritic scores.

[quote name='oasisboy']If this is for you then great, but there are much better Multiplayer options for the PS3. Metacritic agrees.[/QUOTE]

You recommended COD over this game, get the fuck outta here.

[quote name='primetime']Seconded. People are getting really ridiculous about this situation.

I picked the game up about a month ago and love it. I'd highly recommend the game.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. People like to over-exaggerate though so whatever.

And I've had this game since release and I loved it.

Go blog about it brah

People, if you haven't tried the game yet. There is a trial version you can download (when PSN comes back online) Allows you to play the full game and get level capped at 8. Good way to figure out if you like it.

I just purchased Socom 4. and the controls are very similar (I believe Zipper is responsible for both games?)

But as someone mentioned earlier, the control scheme is very un-standard for what most shooters are now. The crouch and change weapon buttons cannot be configured to "modern shooters." This might not bother some people, but for someone like me who wants FPS to be similar in controls to allow seemless gameplay, then it is kind of a con for buying the game.

For $13.55 you definitely will get your moneys worth just by playing a few hours, but for me, there are just too many high quality games to play right now to jump on this.

[quote name='toastmasta']People, if you haven't tried the game yet. There is a trial version you can download (when PSN comes back online) Allows you to play the full game and get level capped at 8. Good way to figure out if you like it.

I just purchased Socom 4. and the controls are very similar (I believe Zipper is responsible for both games?)

But as someone mentioned earlier, the control scheme is very un-standard for what most shooters are now. The crouch and change weapon buttons cannot be configured to "modern shooters." This might not bother some people, but for someone like me who wants FPS to be similar in controls to allow seemless gameplay, then it is kind of a con for buying the game.

For $13.55 you definitely will get your moneys worth just by playing a few hours, but for me, there are just too many high quality games to play right now to jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Its much better to just purchase MAG now like I did...its getting here on Tuesday.

The download, Its like 5gb....just buy the game, its only 13 bucks

Stop with the fcking FUD about the PSN. It will be back soon and all this drama will be forgotten. It's been down, what ~5 days in five years?

[quote name='Todd33']Stop with the fcking FUD about the PSN. It will be back soon and all this drama will be forgotten. It's been down, what ~5 days in five years?[/QUOTE]

Much, much more than that.

Hey guys,

I don't know if you know, but PSN is down and MAG is online only so it's useless and will be forever.

You shouldn't buy it.

What's MAGs TIV? I may buy it and trade it torwards a XBL card. :)

XBL fanboy who has all 3 systems. 360 just head and shoulders superior. :hot: on...

[quote name='$hady']What's MAGs TIV? I may buy it and trade it torwards a XBL card. :)

XBL fanboy who has all 3 systems. 360 just head and shoulders superior. :hot: on...
[/QUOTE]

Nothing. It has no trade in value. Thanks for being a d*ck. Flame on.

[quote name='whoknows']Yep. Because review scores = how much you'll enjoy a game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. These videogame experts make a living out of their profession.

[quote name='oasisboy']Exactly. These videogame experts make a living out of their profession.[/QUOTE]

"These videogame experts reviewers 'fans' make a living out of their profession bribes".

Seriously, the amount of bullshit reviews from big-name review companies is insane.

The point of the thread is this is a DEAL for MAG msrp 29.99 walmart newegg 27.99

I cant get Black OPs or K3 for 13.55 NEW or USED and wont be able to for a long time

bread's done
Back