[Dead] GoHastings Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1 is Back!

Kylearan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Dangerous times ahead - GoHastings' Mix & Match Used Sale just went live.

Buy 2 Used Books, CDs, DVDs & Games, Get the 3rd for $1

Promo Code is MM123

Excludes Blu-Ray, Previously Viewed Movies, Previously Viewed Games & Game Accessories. $1 item of equal or lesser value.

Standard shipping is $2.28 per item - this includes your $1 game.

Codes are NOT stackable. One code per transaction.

As noted about, Previously Viewed titles do not qualify for this offer.

Though experiences vary, most titles come complete. Some even arrive new, with DLC codes intact. Be sure to read the item description.

If any of your B2 items is canceled - which does happen - you will still get your $1 item for $1. If your $1 item is canceled, you will need to call GoHastings customer service for positive resolution.

RE: Customer Service: do not bother emailing GoHastings.com - they will just direct you to call the CSR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody ever ordered used DVDs from here? I know their games are usually in pretty good shape but I wasn't sure about their DVDs

The one DVD I ordered from them didn't play. Got a little past the legal screens and then could never get past it. Unfortunately, I didn't try to watch the movie til months after I received it, so I figured there was no chance of a return.

There is alot of good stuff but the search results are a bit misleading. Goldeneye Collector's Edition on Wii came up ridiculously low, likke $7.xx but when you click on the link, it's actually the DS version that sells for that much.

Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1, and be out some money when you ship them all back because they look like they went through a wood chipper!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']hmm....yeah, I dunno if I want to take a risk with a big order then. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

some people swear by Gohastings though. I've ordered about 10 games and 8 went back, the other 2 are at least playable but the discs are chipped and the cases are garbage. I don't know if they don't have any standards or they just don't look at the games. To me all of them looked like some 5 year olds used them for frisbee and the dog intercepted it and buried it to be found years later and traded in.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The one DVD I ordered from them didn't play. Got a little past the legal screens and then could never get past it. Unfortunately, I didn't try to watch the movie til months after I received it, so I figured there was no chance of a return.[/QUOTE]
I always check the shit I buy from a site long before the return period is over with, so I know I can at least get it swapped out or returned and I'm out nothing usually.

But I'm shocked that this thread doesn't have the usual 90% complaining about GH posts as of yet.

Thanks picked up a few games that i missed during the year, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5, and Need for Speed all for $26 give or take.

Is there a difference between their "Previously viewed" and "Used" games?

I know previously viewed means they were rentals, but do they usually come in the original case and what not? Never used GH before, so just a bit curious.

Previously viewed probably don't work on this sale anyway, at least they usually don't.

Just to put in my 2c every game I've received from them has been mint. I've always bought major titles for ps3 that have come out relatively recently though, the older the games are the more likely they are to be incomplete or dinged up (just like GS).

Meh...Shipping makes it really not worth it for the titles I'm looking for, anyways.

I get a game for $1 and then have to pay it's cost in shipping. lol

thanks for the update op!

to those of you who havent used gohastings before, their used games are almost ALWAYS in near perfect condition. also, out of the 10+ i have ordered from them, every single one has had its original case and a booklet. shipping to me (nc) normally takes about 3 or 4 days as well.

really fantastic site, definitely recommend

[quote name='AteBit']Thanks picked up a few games that i missed during the year, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5, and Need for Speed all for $26 give or take.[/QUOTE]

$26 for all or $26 each?

Also if they are in crappy condition, can I return them to a store location.

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest
$1.00

Brunswick Pro Bowling
$13.04

Blur
$15.66

ORDER SUMMARY
Order Total: $36.54

Not bad :)

In for Portal 2, Dead Space 2, and Black Ops. Thanks OP! Never ordered from GH before so we'll see what my experience is like.

Picked up a few Wii games of similar pricing that averages out to ~$9.78 each which is pretty good for those particular games... Now its just a matter of if they'll all ship or if GoHastings will pull one of their famous "cancellation of $1 item but still charge you for the other full priced games" moves.

In for 3 360 games for $25 shipped. I put the same order in twice because I plan on flipping the games up by me.

If all goes according to plan, my $50 investment will turn in to $140. Mwahahahah

[quote name='hwmusic']some people swear by Gohastings though. I've ordered about 10 games and 8 went back, the other 2 are at least playable but the discs are chipped and the cases are garbage. I don't know if they don't have any standards or they just don't look at the games. To me all of them looked like some 5 year olds used them for frisbee and the dog intercepted it and buried it to be found years later and traded in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know, I guess you just had some bad luck. I've ordered a crapload of games (about 50) from them and 95% came mint and complete...Never really had to return a game.

goHastings isn't perfect: They occasionally cancel orders and sometimes send the wrong items out, plus their account system is a little cumbersome, but they're still much better than Gamestop.

[quote name='kodave']Picked up a few Wii games of similar pricing that averages out to ~$9.78 each which is pretty good for those particular games... Now its just a matter of if they'll all ship or if GoHastings will pull one of their famous "cancellation of $1 item but still charge you for the other full priced games" moves.[/QUOTE]

Well, it works the other way too. If they cancel one of the non-$1 items, you basically get a B1G1. It's happened to me. To up your chances, you could try your best to make sure the $1 game is something more abundant.

Figured I'd run to the B&M Hastings, to maybe save on some shipping....little did I know all of their games were 200%+ more expensive than on their website.

What a waste of an afternoon.

Shipping kills it for me.

EDIT: I broke down and did it anyway uhhhhggg I hope the games are in good condition, Sabotuer, Mafia 2 Platinum Hits, and Halo Wars for 37 shipped. Pretty lame I got charged tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 6 games totaling 56.xx shipped. Thanks OP! I love these Hastings deals when they actually have some items in stock.

So what is the return process like? Like do they give you a printable return shipping label if you decide to return the games for w/e reason? I'm asking in part for a friend who I know is into DS games, and for them this deal is perfect, but they never ordered from the site before. Basically their cautious about it. Thanks.

[quote name='hwmusic']Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1, and be out some money when you ship them all back because they look like they went through a wood chipper![/QUOTE]
experience

[quote name='savagepastry']
hilarious.[/QUOTE]

What's hilarious is that you didn't even bother to check why it says that.

Hint hint, they list the lowest price of all available platforms.

[quote name='aeroforce325']So what is the return process like? Like do they give you a printable return shipping label if you decide to return the games for w/e reason? I'm asking in part for a friend who I know is into DS games, and for them this deal is perfect, but they never ordered from the site before. Basically their cautious about it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can just email their customer service and they'll send you a return label so you don't have to pay shipping. It's a generic label so you can print off and use as many copies as you need.

I emailed them and received the label within 2 hours.

And for those wondering, I'm 9 of 11 with their used games as far as working and complete. I had 2 that did not work and only 1 of those looked pretty rough. The rest were in excellent condition.

[quote name='hustletron']Shipping kills it for me.

EDIT: I broke down and did it anyway uhhhhggg I hope the games are in good condition, Sabotuer, Mafia 2 Platinum Hits, and Halo Wars for 37 shipped. Pretty lame I got charged tax.[/QUOTE]

when discount item show up?

ITEM DESCRIPTIONITEM PRICEQTYTOTAL PRICE
g46007ucx9m.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.

$33.95 1 $33.95
g46547y0wmq.jpg

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

$35.39 1 $35.39
g45822pg4xy.jpg

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.15

Merchandise:$100.49Shipping:$6.84 Sales Tax:$0.00Order Total:$107.33
g46007ucx9m.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95
g46547y0wmq.jpg

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

$35.39 1 $35.39
g45822pg4xy.jpg

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95 2 of black ops cost 62.xx
third one is gt5 35.xx

but the invoice still show up full price..100.xx

mm123 doesnt work 4 me..

[quote name='onyzukae']when discount item show up?

g46007ucx9m.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95
g46547y0wmq.jpg

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

$35.39 1 $35.39
g45822pg4xy.jpg

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.15

Merchandise:$100.49Shipping:$6.84 Sales Tax:$0.00Order Total:$107.33
g46007ucx9m.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95
g46547y0wmq.jpg

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

$35.39 1 $35.39
g45822pg4xy.jpg

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95 2 of black ops cost 62.xx
third one is gt5 35.xx

mm123 doesnt work 4 me..[/QUOTE]

May not work for "previously viewed" items.

[quote name='onyzukae']when discount item show up?

g46007ucx9m.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

mm123 doesnt work 4 me..[/QUOTE]

you have to make sure you check that over 17 y/o box before you apply the coupon

Learned my lesson the last time they ran this promotion. I ordered 3 games with 1 getting cancelled almost immediately. I contacted support and they said it was too late to cancel and I would have to ship the 2 games back with a prepaid shipping label. I shipped them back over a month ago and goHastings says they have no record of my return, so it looks like I threw $40 out.

I have been happy with their used games so I continue to buy when they do 25/30% off, just wanted to give people a heads up of what to expect with this promo if an item gets cancelled.

[quote name='Serpentor']added one book and two games, promo code doesn't work :whistle2:( (the games and book don't require to be over 18 either).[/QUOTE]
Maybe the book/games weren't on the qualifying list?

I tried to make this work, but tax and shipping made it not worth the trouble. I managed to find PS3 used copies of WWE All Stars and Crysis 2 at 42 and 46 dollars, respectively, added LBP2 in there for a dollar, but by the time it added tax and shipping on, my invoice was well over 100 bucks.

[quote name='JoshTX']I tried to make this work, but tax and shipping made it not worth the trouble. I managed to find PS3 used copies of WWE All Stars and Crysis 2 at 42 and 46 dollars, respectively, added LBP2 in there for a dollar, but by the time it added tax and shipping on, my invoice was well over 100 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Considering you were at 89 before the 8%+ tax rate in most of Texas (which would put you almost at $100 to begin with), I'm not quite sure how $6-7 for shipping is the deal breaker there.

Edit: I am assuming you're in Texas since, you know--- you have no location listed and your name is JoshTX

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Considering you were at 89 before the 8%+ tax rate in most of Texas (which would put you almost at $100 to begin with), I'm not quite sure how $6-7 for shipping is the deal breaker there.

Edit: I am assuming you're in Texas since, you know--- you have no location listed and your name is JoshTX[/QUOTE]
Don't bother to try understanding some folks reasons for stuff being a dealbreaker. Even though it's been explained innumerable times that GH ships from individual stores and that's the reason behind the individual shipping charges for each game, people still want the company to lose money to ship stuff to them.:whistle2:#

As for the tax thing, it might be a law that someone's individual state may have passed requiring ALL internet sites to charge sales tax, regardless of if they have a physical presence in the state or not. It's up to the consumer to be informed on such things, though they always fault the store/site for not informing them.

[quote name='edson13']you have to make sure you check that over 17 y/o box before you apply the coupon[/QUOTE]
Thank you.,

bread's done
Back