Photo
- - - - -

[Dead] GoHastings Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1 is Back!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

Shipping kills it for me.

EDIT: I broke down and did it anyway uhhhhggg I hope the games are in good condition, Sabotuer, Mafia 2 Platinum Hits, and Halo Wars for 37 shipped. Pretty lame I got charged tax.

Edited by hustletron, 24 April 2011 - 08:11 PM.

fs_overall.png

#32 gibbyva

gibbyva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

Picked up 6 games totaling 56.xx shipped. Thanks OP! I love these Hastings deals when they actually have some items in stock.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

Dead Rising 2

Available in: 8 Formats
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.
Used $31.15 New from $19.99

hilarious.

#34 aeroforce325

aeroforce325

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

So what is the return process like? Like do they give you a printable return shipping label if you decide to return the games for w/e reason? I'm asking in part for a friend who I know is into DS games, and for them this deal is perfect, but they never ordered from the site before. Basically their cautious about it. Thanks.

#35 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

got 3 games JC2 MGS4 and Tekken 6 for about 11 bucks each
Posted Image

#36 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1, and be out some money when you ship them all back because they look like they went through a wood chipper!

experience

#37 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

hilarious.

What's hilarious is that you didn't even bother to check why it says that.

Hint hint, they list the lowest price of all available platforms.

#38 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

So what is the return process like? Like do they give you a printable return shipping label if you decide to return the games for w/e reason? I'm asking in part for a friend who I know is into DS games, and for them this deal is perfect, but they never ordered from the site before. Basically their cautious about it. Thanks.

You can just email their customer service and they'll send you a return label so you don't have to pay shipping. It's a generic label so you can print off and use as many copies as you need.

I emailed them and received the label within 2 hours.

And for those wondering, I'm 9 of 11 with their used games as far as working and complete. I had 2 that did not work and only 1 of those looked pretty rough. The rest were in excellent condition.

Currently Playing:
:360: FIFA World Cup 2014

:xb1: Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Battlefield 4

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World

#39 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:53 AM

Shipping kills it for me.

EDIT: I broke down and did it anyway uhhhhggg I hope the games are in good condition, Sabotuer, Mafia 2 Platinum Hits, and Halo Wars for 37 shipped. Pretty lame I got charged tax.

when discount item show up?

ITEM DESCRIPTIONITEM PRICEQTYTOTAL PRICEPosted Image
Gran Turismo 5

Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
Previously Viewed - PlayStation 3

$33.95 1 $33.95 Posted Image
Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

$35.39 1 $35.39 Posted Image
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.15

Merchandise:$100.49Shipping:$6.84 Sales Tax:$0.00Order Total:$107.33
Posted Image
Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95 2 of black ops cost 62.xx
third one is gt5 35.xx

but the invoice still show up full price..100.xx

mm123 doesnt work 4 me..

#40 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.15

Merchandise:$100.49Shipping:$6.84 Sales Tax:$0.00Order Total:$107.33
Posted Image
Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii

$31.15 1 $31.Gran Turismo 5

$33.95 1 $33.95 2 of black ops cost 62.xx
third one is gt5 35.xx

mm123 doesnt work 4 me..

May not work for "previously viewed" items.

#41 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

Gran Turismo 5

mm123 doesnt work 4 me..

you have to make sure you check that over 17 y/o box before you apply the coupon

#42 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

As tossin said and it's in the first post as well, Previously Viewed Items are excluded. Needs to be "Used".

#43 ppunk0

ppunk0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

Learned my lesson the last time they ran this promotion. I ordered 3 games with 1 getting cancelled almost immediately. I contacted support and they said it was too late to cancel and I would have to ship the 2 games back with a prepaid shipping label. I shipped them back over a month ago and goHastings says they have no record of my return, so it looks like I threw $40 out.

I have been happy with their used games so I continue to buy when they do 25/30% off, just wanted to give people a heads up of what to expect with this promo if an item gets cancelled.

#44 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

added one book and two games, promo code doesn't work :-( (the games and book don't require to be over 18 either).

#45 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

added one book and two games, promo code doesn't work :-( (the games and book don't require to be over 18 either).

Maybe the book/games weren't on the qualifying list?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#46 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

I tried to make this work, but tax and shipping made it not worth the trouble. I managed to find PS3 used copies of WWE All Stars and Crysis 2 at 42 and 46 dollars, respectively, added LBP2 in there for a dollar, but by the time it added tax and shipping on, my invoice was well over 100 bucks.

#47 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:33 PM

I tried to make this work, but tax and shipping made it not worth the trouble. I managed to find PS3 used copies of WWE All Stars and Crysis 2 at 42 and 46 dollars, respectively, added LBP2 in there for a dollar, but by the time it added tax and shipping on, my invoice was well over 100 bucks.

Considering you were at 89 before the 8%+ tax rate in most of Texas (which would put you almost at $100 to begin with), I'm not quite sure how $6-7 for shipping is the deal breaker there.

Edit: I am assuming you're in Texas since, you know--- you have no location listed and your name is JoshTX
-Michael

Posted Image

#48 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

Considering you were at 89 before the 8%+ tax rate in most of Texas (which would put you almost at $100 to begin with), I'm not quite sure how $6-7 for shipping is the deal breaker there.

Edit: I am assuming you're in Texas since, you know--- you have no location listed and your name is JoshTX

Don't bother to try understanding some folks reasons for stuff being a dealbreaker. Even though it's been explained innumerable times that GH ships from individual stores and that's the reason behind the individual shipping charges for each game, people still want the company to lose money to ship stuff to them.:-#

As for the tax thing, it might be a law that someone's individual state may have passed requiring ALL internet sites to charge sales tax, regardless of if they have a physical presence in the state or not. It's up to the consumer to be informed on such things, though they always fault the store/site for not informing them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#49 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

you have to make sure you check that over 17 y/o box before you apply the coupon

Thank you.,

#50 reko8

reko8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Does gohastings games usually come in original cases? I want to order a few older games (Gears of War 1 and 2, maybe MGS4) but I don't want the platinum hits or greatest hits versions.

I don't know if it would be luck or not or if there's a good chance of getting the original version.

#51 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

omg........ they canceled my B2 games...
but Get the 3rd for $1 still show up 1$..
r they gonna cancel all?

#52 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii
Discount: One for $1.00

In Progress $44.99
$1.00 1 $1.00 Posted Image
Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3
Out of Stock.

Canceled $53.99 0 $70.78 ... 1$ still go on?

#53 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

Dead Rising 2

Available in: 8 Formats
Used $31.15 New from $19.99

hilarious.

Mortal Kombat PS3/360:

59.99 new
62.29 USED

stay classy, gohastings.

#54 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii
Discount: One for $1.00

In Progress $44.99
$1.00 1 $1.00 Posted Image
Killzone 3

Used - PlayStation 3
Out of Stock.

Canceled $53.99 0 $70.78 ... 1$ still go on?

Usually, yes. It's a little silly, but they do count the lowest-priced game as $1, so if you get something else canceled, it's essentially B1G1$1.

As for me, I was unlucky enough to get 2 games canceled...but I made sure that the $1 game was least likely to get canceled. Hence, if it the order actually goes through, it's essentially buy 1 game for a $1 (well, technically $3.28).

#55 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Don't bother to try understanding some folks reasons for stuff being a dealbreaker. Even though it's been explained innumerable times that GH ships from individual stores and that's the reason behind the individual shipping charges for each game, people still want the company to lose money to ship stuff to them.:-#

As for the tax thing, it might be a law that someone's individual state may have passed requiring ALL internet sites to charge sales tax, regardless of if they have a physical presence in the state or not. It's up to the consumer to be informed on such things, though they always fault the store/site for not informing them.

Since you typed "some folks" as opposed to referring to me, I'll go ahead and assume you weren't including me in your opinion of "some folks" thought process, considering those opinions weren't mine.

As far as the deal goes, we have an 8.75 percent tax rate here in Austin, and the shipping pushed it just a liitle over what I was wanting to spend. I'm going to gamble on the idea that within 1 to 2 months, amazon will have all 3 of them at 39.99 each or less as part of a sale or DOTD. And I'm not sure if THQ or EA went with that online pass BS this time around, but getting them new will eliminate that issue.

#56 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

Mortal Kombat PS3/360:

59.99 new
62.29 USED

stay classy, gohastings.

Whatever pricing algorithm goHastings uses sometimes leads to non-sensical prices. Case in point: Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition for $180. Other examples:

My Horse and Me: Riding for gold (Wii) - $67.40
Pokemon Ranger (DS) - $94.95
Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends (PS2) - $68.31

#57 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

As for me, I was unlucky enough to get 2 games canceled...but I made sure that the $1 game was least likely to get canceled. Hence, if it the order actually goes through, it's essentially buy 1 game for a $1 (well, technically $3.28).

Yup, this is the way to go - if you can tailor your order to put the 'least likely to be canceled item' as your $1 item, do it that way.

Inadvertently got Fallout: New Vegas for $1 during a sale last year this way, though I actually thought it was likely to be canceled - so it's doesn't always work the way you think!

Honestly, they should keep a backlog of orders for at least a week instead of canceling them outright, and give us the option to keep our order on hold and in queue. This whole 'instant cancelation' thing isn't very good business. At the very least, they should allow us to fill in gaps in our orders, so if the $1 item gets zapped, we should be able to add one on the phone.

#58 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Learned my lesson the last time they ran this promotion. I ordered 3 games with 1 getting cancelled almost immediately. I contacted support and they said it was too late to cancel and I would have to ship the 2 games back with a prepaid shipping label. I shipped them back over a month ago and goHastings says they have no record of my return, so it looks like I threw $40 out.

Complain some more, file a BBB complaint. If you're loud enough eventually they'll give in and make it right for you. Giving up is what they want you to do.

#59 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

How long is this sale good for?

#60 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

Gah, both my full price games have shipped, but not the $1 game, so I'm getting nervous. At least the $1 game isn't showing OOS on the website, so I'm hopeful it will ship at some point.