Photo
- - - - -

[Dead] GoHastings Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1 is Back!

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 bugeeker

bugeeker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1, and be out some money when you ship them all back because they look like they went through a wood chipper!

I've bought 9 or 12 games form GoHastings (I always buy in 3s thanks to these nice deals!) and for all but 1 or 2 the discs have been in perfect condition, and all but one of the cases have been in great condition.

YMMV, sure, but overall their stuff is in good shape, and all of my games from them have worked perfectly.

#92 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

He means "try to figure out which game will be canceled, order one or two of those as your B2 games, and get the third for $1 + shipping/tax."

It's a definite gamble and would certainly force GoHastings, over time, into changing their system (which they should do, anyway, without having to be exploited to force the issue).

Basically it means that people like him are going to screw it up for all of us.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#93 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

Just be careful with anything that has a peripheral with it. The one bad experience I've had with GH was when I ordered the "You're in the Movies" bundle (yes, it was listed as a bundle, separate from the game-only version!) and they only sent me the game, and because it was the $1 game, that's all they'd give me back for it if I paid the shipping to return it.

It's what's stopping me from trying out DJ hero now (the bundle is listed as quite cheap for that...but it's probably not really the bundle).
Posted Image

#94 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

Make sure you go round and check each thread for people abusing deals, you have a lot of spare time on your hands right ? :roll:

i actually sort of agree with his post though. gohastings is a great site for used games. i'm not for killing the golden goose.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#95 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

WE ARE NOT SLICK DEALS people. There's a reason CAG deals die the second it hits those festering monsters who try and weasel their way into abusing deals to resell on ebay.

If you think its ok to be scheming on here for something like this, you're dead wrong. Its one thing to return and rebuy if somethings out of stock, but to screw up a surprisingly good and consistent place to get used deals so you can get ONE game for cheap is moronic

#96 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

Just be careful with anything that has a peripheral with it. The one bad experience I've had with GH was when I ordered the "You're in the Movies" bundle (yes, it was listed as a bundle, separate from the game-only version!) and they only sent me the game, and because it was the $1 game, that's all they'd give me back for it if I paid the shipping to return it.

It's what's stopping me from trying out DJ hero now (the bundle is listed as quite cheap for that...but it's probably not really the bundle).

I recently bought Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock PS3 with guitar from them and the guitar usb dongle broke after 5 minutes. They paid to have it return shipped to them and credited me what I paid back on my card...plus they said they would offer me 30% off my next game since this was during their 30% off sale.

I know everyone has different experiences but I've never ever had an issue with hastings or their customer service.

#97 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Define really cheap for the DJ Hero bundle, as I believe several stores have the original bundle for $20 now.;)

If you can find it at Sears, it may be as low as $10 or under too.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#98 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Anyone have experience w/ used DS games? Do they come complete? I wanna pick up a few cheap RPGs >.<

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#99 tossin

tossin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Anyone have experience w/ used DS games? Do they come complete? I wanna pick up a few cheap RPGs >.<

I've bought over 50 used games from gohastings for all systems this generation and except for maybe 2-3 games, everything has come complete and mint or near-mint. DS and PSP games are especially clean, since cartridges and UMDs don't really get scratched up.

#100 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

If a certain game isn't working, is there anyway for CSR to fix it?

Portal 2 for PS3 doesn't even work towards the free game. I don't get it.

#101 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

And here you were worried. Have faith, grasshopper!

= ) thank you!

#102 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

They cancelled my Tactics Ogre for PSP. Considering it was the most expensive thing out of the three and not THAT great of a deal, I'm happy.

So hopefully I'm getting Monster Hunter Tri and MGS: Portable Ops for 22 shipped :)

#103 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

I got two of my three Wii games in the mail today. Both came in great condition. My third game finally shipped, and I'm optimistic it will arrive in similar shape.

Gohasting, you won me over this time.

#104 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

how long is this sale good for?

#105 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Got my 3 games today, all in mint condition, you've not let me down yet GoHastings.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#106 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

V3rtigo should be banned for even suggesting this. The people only get more pitiful...so pathetic.

I'm reporting the post now.

Make sure you go round and check each thread for people abusing deals, you have a lot of spare time on your hands right ? :roll:

Thing is, I was about to say the same damn thing, if I start seeing behavior like this, I'll personally report that "Slick Deals mentality" to the Mods and Cheapy, I'm not going to loose out on a vendor giving us good deals because some jerk (V3rtigo might not have been the one to originally suggest it, but this applies to everyone "entertaining the idea") who wants to get games for $3 a piece.

The name of the place is Cheap Ass Gamer, not Cheap Ass Scammer. (Go join Slick Deals if you want a community of back stabbing cut throats like that, good riddance, to anyone who condones this kind of behavior)

(And just an FYI, they frown when people deliberately try to defraud companies around here, so while we have our dirty laundry around here (flippers and other frauds) that isn't something the majority of the community will tolerate or allow to happen.

My final thought is if Hastings cancels your expensive items and lets you keep your cheap item, be happy and move on to the next deal and not try to hatch a plan on how to work the system and screw everybody (Hastings and other CAG's) because of that....[-(

(I swear some of the shit some people dream up around here just to save a few bucks...:roll:)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#107 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

I just got a sick deal! I ordered Super Mario 64 DS ($14.24), Yoshi Island Ds ($14.14), and Pikmin ($1) for a little under $40 bucks shipped. I love Go Hastings prices! I was looking at Yoshi Island and it was out of stock but then I refreshed the page and it all of a sudden was in stock AND it dropped from 24.99 to 14.14. This is great because Yoshi Island sells for 39.99 used at Gamestop. So I just got 3 awesome games for the price of one basically. This is great.