Pokemon Black/White + Pokemon Gold/Silver for $51.25 shipped Toys R Us Online

xenoaroe

CAGiversary!
http://www.toysrus.com/promo/index.jsp?promoId=11545246

SAVE $30 when you buy Pokemon: SoulSilver OR HeartGold Version AND Pokemon: Black OR White Version!
Hurry, offer ends Soon!
HOW IT WORKS
It’s easy… just follow these simple steps!

· Maximum 1 discounts per order

·

· This promotion does not combine with others

·

· While quantities last

QUICK LINKS
Use the links below to find products related to this promotion.

- View Pokemon: Black OR White
- View Pokemon: SoulSilver OR HeartGold

Order Summary
Subtotal $44.98
Estimated Shipping and Handling
Based on Standard Shipping within continental U.S.
$6.27
Sales Tax
Calculated at checkout
$0.00
Estimated Total $51.25

At about $25 per game, is this worth it, or can I get each game (especially HG/SS, since it's been out for a long time) for cheaper on ebay/glyde/craigslist?

It seems like a good deal. I got Black for 25 on amazon a few weeks ago, but the common consensus is that Pokemon games don't go on sale by this much often. I quickly checked ebay for Heart Gold and bids are around 17-20 used and I don't think they come with the PokeWalker thing. Not sure about Glyde or Craigslist, but I know ebgames its only like 5 dollars off of msrp for used.

Not an amazing deal, but if you are in the market for both games new, it seems pretty decent. Just wish it wasn't online only.

[quote name='joeyshadows']but I know ebgames its only like 5 dollars off of msrp for used.[/QUOTE]

I saw cart only SoulSilvers being sold at Gamestop for $34.99 used... quite the deal.

The Pokemon games do keep their value pretty well as they're always selling. You do see them on sale every once in awhile, but hell, even the old ones seem to fetch decent prices.

[quote name='Rozz']I saw cart only SoulSilvers being sold at Gamestop for $34.99 used... quite the deal.

The Pokemon games do keep their value pretty well as they're always selling. You do see them on sale every once in awhile, but hell, even the old ones seem to fetch decent prices.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Gamestop price gauges on Pokemon. I wanted to get Pokemon Emerald on the B2G2 sale. Cartridge only for $40 used - fuck that!

I guess this is a good deal for people looking for the new games now, but I bet there will be a $20 Amazon DotD someday, I can wait for that.

[quote name='xenoaroe']Not an amazing deal, but if you are in the market for both games new, it seems pretty decent. Just wish it wasn't online only.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Psybuster']Would've gone for it if it were available in store too...[/QUOTE]

This is in store also

Thanks for the heads up on that prim ;)
I checked the weekly ad as a result and it seems to be in there too so I'm guessing it'll be valid all week, just a matter of stock levels, which I hope don't sell out today because I'm stuck at home for Easter.

[quote name='prim4444']This is in store also[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then. I assumed it was online only because it said I couldn't do store pick up.

Just got back from my local Toys R Us and this deal is in-store too. Tempted to get it while I was there. Might go back tomorrow to get these games...

I just called my local toys r us store and they told me it was available in stores as well. I will be going to buy them in store this week, so I will let you know for sure.

It works in store, I got it yesterday. If you want both games it is mathematically equivalent to the best deals on the games individually ($20 for HG, $25 for B/W) that I can remember.

If heart gold/ss comes with the pokewalker still, it's worth it. The pokewalker is great for when you can't play pokemon but still want to level up your pokemon. I wish it still worked in black/white.

I got SS & White this price-matched at Best Buy and used a $10 RZ certificate. For $35, it's like buying Pokemon White and getting SS free!

bread's done
Back