Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) NEW $7.99 @ GameStop.com

Great, I just ordered this yesterday because I thought it would go up in price after the sale ended, and it hasn't shipped yet, but I get an error when I try to cancel the order. I know by the time customer service would respond to my email it would have already shipped, so whatever.

In years past many of the Power Saver sale games would go on clearance for a bigger discount after the sale was over. This is likely what is happening here, and I'm sure there will be other titles this happens to as well.

Amazon.com digital services has Monster Hunter:Freedom Unite DLC Code for $7.99 as well. Instant access, free shipping and no tax makes this a much better deal if you have the memory.

[quote name='barchi01']Amazon.com digital services has Monster Hunter:Freedom Unite DLC Code for $7.99 as well. Instant access, free shipping and no tax makes this a much better deal if you have the memory.[/QUOTE]

Well i would not say instant access PSN is down and has been down for 3 or 4 days now. ;)

Picked this up during power saver sale used at 8.99 but I also got it during the B2G1 so I guess I can't complain. Good price for new though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']In years past many of the Power Saver sale games would go on clearance for a bigger discount after the sale was over. This is likely what is happening here, and I'm sure there will be other titles this happens to as well.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this... That's one of the reasons I try to have some personal restraint during the Power Saver/ Gamers Day Sales that they have.

[quote name='barchi01']Amazon.com digital services has Monster Hunter:Freedom Unite DLC Code for $7.99 as well. Instant access, free shipping and no tax makes this a much better deal if you have the memory.[/QUOTE]

Theres also someone selling a code in the PSN Code Trading thread, if you want to help out a fellow CAG.

I highly recommend going the digital route if you have a big enough memory stick. You can have this game stream data from the UMD to reduce loading and it absolutely murders the battery. The digital version on a fast memory stick = super quick load times.

Good hunting! This is my favorite PSP game.

I picked this up and the psp w/ LBP during the power sale. Been waiting to play the monster hunter series again since MH3. Already logged 25 hours on it so far. A must have for hardcore psp gamers!

I'm on the fence about this. its either spend 12 total for this or use my credit toward something like duodecim or ffiv collection. Is this better?

[quote name='Moonlk']I'm on the fence about this. its either spend 12 total for this or use my credit toward something like duodecim or ffiv collection. Is this better?[/QUOTE]

Those are both great games, but this is one of the best I've ever played, and an insane value at this price. I've been playing consistently for almost two years now, have around 215 hours playtime, and I'm still only rank 8 out of 9.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Yes it is. It was in a "Final Clearance" bin.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I picked up a copy a little earlier today...still sealed!

i guess ill just buy it off amazon....really would prefer to get monster hunter tri for wii since im new to the series, what do you guys think?

*Head explodes at the the sheer amount of value here*
Seriously, Unite is an incredible game. I've put hundreds of hours into it both by myself and with friends. Yes, it has a hard learning curve with little to no explanation (The internet is your best friend with the Monster Hunter series) and it is much better with friends, but even by yourself it is tons of fun.

Tri is a lot easier on people new to the series and is a fantastic game in and of itself.

Seriously, I want as many people to play this game as possible and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me. I consider myself a vet with probably in the thousands of hours invested in the series.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']i guess ill just buy it off amazon....really would prefer to get monster hunter tri for wii since im new to the series, what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

If you're new to the series and that's what you're leaning towards go for Tri, but make sure you get a Classic Controller Pro because it plays the best with that. In fact there is actually a Tri/Pro bundle you can get which I'd highly recommend. Plus with Tri you can play with other Hunters online which adds a ton of replay value.

I finally bit on this after a day or two of contemplating. Is today the last day for this deal?

I've found the MH series to be one of the most overrated ones out there. Still, the difference between MH3 and MHFU isn't really important. Either one works if you want to get into the series.

[quote name='Moonlk']I finally bit on this after a day or two of contemplating. Is today the last day for this deal?[/QUOTE]

today is the last day??

[quote name='onyzukae']today is the last day??[/QUOTE]

Apparently not. They have this listed in another topic with a lot of other games for sale. I have a feeling this is the cheapest its gonna be though.

bread's done
Back