Guitar Hero On Tour Bundle (Nintendo DS) $2.99 New @ GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:57 AM

Got Decades as well, but I already have it. Looks like I'm going to GameStop this weekend for an exchange.

#32 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

Got Decades as well, but I already have it. Looks like I'm going to GameStop this weekend for an exchange.

It's kind of funny, but Decades is the one that I didn't have. I had stopped by a GameStop to get the original one I thought was on sale so I'd have an extra controller, but I was pleasantly surprised I was able to pickup Decades for $3 instead.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#33 MrMan2k3

MrMan2k3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

I went to GameStop today to try to exchange one of the Guitar Hero On Tour Decades bundles that I received for the original Guitar Hero On Tour bundle, but they wanted me to pay the difference, which would have been like $6.

I decided to just return my extra copy of Decades and take the $3 back.

I still have an older copy of On Tour - it's just that my dog chose to gnaw on it a few weeks back and I was hoping to replace it with a nice copy. Still happy to have On Tour Decades for $3, though.

#34 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

I emailed GameStop about shipping out the wrong bundle (I ordered two). I got a response and they said they would ship me the correct bundle. Instead they shipped me one of the decades bundle again. I emailed them again explaining that they were advertising one game and shipping a totally different game, and I could provide screen shots and pictures to prove it. Yesterday they said the original On Tour was discontinued so all I could do was return the Decades bundle if I don't want them.

I look at their website today and it appears they've corrected the product description listing, now correctly listing the Decades Bundle and not the original On Tour one. That makes me feel like I was the first person out of probably hundreds of orders to make clear to them they shipped the wrong game versus what they actually advertised. Kind of odd.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the three bundles I have now. I suspect I might return two and get my money back, unless someone on CAG wants them. But Ill save that for the trading forum.

#35 Jqwerty

Jqwerty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

$3? Too rich for my blood.

#36 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

Going to try to pick a copy up today. Good for a play and flip elsewhere.

cagSig.png515886.png

#37 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

There don't seem to be any flipping options. TIV is shit anywhere. No one is buying on Ebay. Not worth the gas or postage to unload the $3 game.

#38 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:36 AM

Picked up the last copy of Decades at mine. They said they didn't have one, but I knew their inventory did online (and I knew they didnt sell it this morning). Had to have them dig in their filing cabinet to find a copy of the guts and then dig around back for the box. Never trust them to know their stock. ;)

$3 works for me. :)

#39 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

Scored last copy of Decades at my local store for $2.99. Game was sitting in the display stand that was for their big markdown sale the past few weeks. Was surprised it was sitting there with the $2.99 tag on it.

#40 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

Picked up the last copy of Decades at mine. They said they didn't have one, but I knew their inventory did online (and I knew they didnt sell it this morning). Had to have them dig in their filing cabinet to find a copy of the guts and then dig around back for the box. Never trust them to know their stock. ;)

$3 works for me. :)

They had to dig because the fucking workers hide shit in their "employee" drawer. I know from personal stories. No I wasn't a worker and yes I know former employees who did this exact thing. Not saying I wouldn't do it if I was in gaming retail, but tat is usually why a copy comes up online and is "not" in stores.

#41 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

I emailed GameStop about shipping out the wrong bundle (I ordered two). I got a response and they said they would ship me the correct bundle. Instead they shipped me one of the decades bundle again. I emailed them again explaining that they were advertising one game and shipping a totally different game, and I could provide screen shots and pictures to prove it. Yesterday they said the original On Tour was discontinued so all I could do was return the Decades bundle if I don't want them.

I look at their website today and it appears they've corrected the product description listing, now correctly listing the Decades Bundle and not the original On Tour one. That makes me feel like I was the first person out of probably hundreds of orders to make clear to them they shipped the wrong game versus what they actually advertised. Kind of odd.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the three bundles I have now. I suspect I might return two and get my money back, unless someone on CAG wants them. But Ill save that for the trading forum.

I emailed them twice about this problem, and just getting responses back about returning the product for a refund, probably from uncaring teenagers.
Posted Image

#42 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:57 AM

They had to dig because the fucking workers hide shit in their "employee" drawer. I know from personal stories. No I wasn't a worker and yes I know former employees who did this exact thing. Not saying I wouldn't do it if I was in gaming retail, but tat is usually why a copy comes up online and is "not" in stores.

True dat.

#43 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

Now that milk hero is officially dead what are all These stores that sell the game going to do with all of These guitar bundles ? Milktivision has completly flooded the market with These things. Part 3 was the worst thing for this once fun franchise ( f**k you kotek )