Epic Mickey wii $14.99 AC at ToysRUs - NOT Dead

Wblaze

CAGiversary!
Hello All --

Just got back from ToysRUs in Columbia, MD. Epic Mickey for the Wii rang up at $24.99 and then they took the $10 gamer mag coupon. Out the door for $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all even if this game is just average

TRU website is showing 24.99. Go go go. Incidentally enough, SD has gotten wind of this, and with BB having a trade-in value of $30, these copies will sell out fast.

If toys r us wasn't a fucking drive out of my way I would of went to get a copy. But it will take me an extra 10-15 minutes for a chance at getting a copy. I will pass since I got enough to play.

[quote name='nuuuuj']TRU website is showing 24.99. Go go go. Incidentally enough, SD has gotten wind of this, and with BB having a trade-in value of $30, these copies will sell out fast.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to do this now! Where did you find out that trade in value?

Never mind. I found it online.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, i think im going to buy a copy for myself...i've been wanting to try this game out...

I grabbed a copy in Marion, IL today. They had the gamer mags out by the front door. The game was still listed for $49.99 but scanned for only $24.99. The scanner said the sale was on until 4/30. I had no issue using the $10 off coupon too! They had both Pokemon Ranger games for $4.99 thru 4/30 as well.

I picked up two copies, and was able to pick a $60 gift card at Best Buy for trading them in. Going to pick up Mortal Kombat for $54.99. I heard that the Epic Mickey Deal is only good until the $30.

any one care to scann the coupon for all of us can use it? my local TRU haven't receive TRU gamer mag since december last year.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Does the magazine say how long the coupon is good for?[/QUOTE]

Valid through 6/25/11.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I also have a question, is the coupon good for any game? or just one likes Mikey, MK?[/QUOTE]

Toy Story 3, Epic Mickey, Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales or Tangled for Nintendo Wii.
There is a separate coupon for $10 off MK and yet another for $10 off Homefront.

What's lame is TRU charges tax on the pre-coupon amount.

Thanks, Wblaze!

If you find a TRU that has this game correctly marked as $24.99, count yourself lucky.

The staff at my local TRU rang this up at $49.99, and argued with me when I tried to tell them it's on sale for $24.99.

I guess I'm going to wait for an Amazon.com price drop.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Thanks!

Never traded in a game @ BB before, can I lock it in now to insure I get the $30?[/QUOTE]

I would. That's what I did. I traded two copies in for $60. I would do it before they get hip to the sale, and drop their price.

[quote name='chopper']If you find a TRU that has this game correctly marked as $24.99, count yourself lucky.

The staff at my local TRU rang this up at $49.99, and argued with me when I tried to tell them it's on sale for $24.99.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask them to total it?

I'm not a frequent TRU shopper, but I seem to remember from posts here that sometimes the initial scan at TRU doesn't show the sale price, and it's only when they total your purchase that the register takes off the sale discounts.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I would. That's what I did. I traded two copies in for $60. I would do it before they get hip to the sale, and drop their price.[/QUOTE]
You got the gift card in the mail already? Dealtree's trade values are explicitly outlined as "estimates," which would seem like you can't lock in anything. And there's tons of horror stories of value adjustments down to $0 out on the internet.

[quote name='chopper']If you find a TRU that has this game correctly marked as $24.99, count yourself lucky.

The staff at my local TRU rang this up at $49.99, and argued with me when I tried to tell them it's on sale for $24.99.

I guess I'm going to wait for an Amazon.com price drop.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, $49.99 IS the correct price. $24.99 was only for Easter Sunday price.

[quote name='gantt']Did you ask them to total it?

I'm not a frequent TRU shopper, but I seem to remember from posts here that sometimes the initial scan at TRU doesn't show the sale price, and it's only when they total your purchase that the register takes off the sale discounts.[/QUOTE]

Have them scan it. That's always the best thing to do.

[quote name='bardockkun']To be fair, $49.99 IS the correct price. $24.99 was only for Easter Sunday price.[/QUOTE]

$24.99 is the price just now on TRU.com. More importantly, that's what I paid buying directly from the store (not online order/store pickup) without mentioning a word about it being on sale.

It's possible that each store updates its POS pricing database independently, but that would surprise me.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Have them scan it. That's always the best thing to do.[/QUOTE]

RIF. What I was saying is scanning may not be enough. They may have to hit Total or whatever it is they do after they're done scanning everything, but before you give your form of payment.

Thanks for the update. I Just got back from a Toy's R Us and they had it priced at $25 and accepted the $10 off coupon, the guy said it should be good for the rest of the week. I ran into another CAG user at the store who purchased a couple and the guy said someone just before him and purchased a couple copies as well. Excellent deal, I think my little cousin is going to love this game, I look forward to trying it out as well.

Heh, I just traded this game in for $50 in January (paid $40 for it). Price dropped pretty quickly, I think I might get it again to keep this time. =]

Just got the deal myself, when I picked up Vanquish. It scanned for 49.99, but upon check out it came up with the promo price. Had to also ask for the mag coupon as it was in a sealed box when I got there.

Remember it never hurts to ask with these "semi" epic deals. (Montebello, CA location, had about 4 left)

Yup went to pick up DJ Hero 2 and Vanquish and saw the gamer mag scooped out the coupon and grabbed Epic Mickey for $14.99. Nice!!!!! Also this has been a pretty good last couple days for titles I've wanted. Will be picking up Kirby Yarn from BB tomorrow and got Metro 2033 for $5 dollars from gamer gate. What gives with all the deals?

I'll be picking this up along with Vanquish tomorrow, I printed the TRU page listing for it just in case something goes wrong. Thanks OP for the deal, been wanting EM for a while now.

[quote name='mattyg00013']Thanks for the update. I Just got back from a Toy's R Us and they had it priced at $25 and accepted the $10 off coupon, the guy said it should be good for the rest of the week. I ran into another CAG user at the store who purchased a couple and the guy said someone just before him and purchased a couple copies as well. Excellent deal, I think my little cousin is going to love this game, I look forward to trying it out as well.[/QUOTE]

The coupon or the deal for $15 total?

I stopped in at around 8:30, right before closing, and found a bin, literally full of the magazines. I had to ask if they had any before I got pointed in that direction. The cashier seemed to know what was up, but he said that I was the only one to buy the game all day, and showed me at least a dozen behind the glass.

Edit: The guy there mentioned it being a "Sunday-Monday" sale, but I don't know if it could end up going for the whole week.

For those asking, this is what the magazine looks like:
iJs07l.jpg

The page of coupons

there are at least 3 different covers with the same coupons: My TRU has at least 3

Star wars clone wars
Pokemon black
Micheal Jackson the experience

[quote name='gantt']$24.99 is the price just now on TRU.com. More importantly, that's what I paid buying directly from the store (not online order/store pickup) without mentioning a word about it being on sale.

It's possible that each store updates its POS pricing database independently, but that would surprise me.

RIF. What I was saying is scanning may not be enough. They may have to hit Total or whatever it is they do after they're done scanning everything, but before you give your form of payment.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right, when i got djhero 2, it priced at 49.99, but when i went to register and paid it dropped to 19.99. My store didnt have any of the mags though. Ill have to try another one tomorrow if they honor the price still.

Picked up a copy in Redwood City, CA...plenty of others behind the glass. It came to $17.30 after being reamed by 9.50% sales tax.

[quote name='thegame85']Picked up a copy in Redwood City, CA...plenty of others behind the glass. It came to $17.30 after being reamed by 9.50% sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Did they at least provide complementary lube? :p

Got it today in Albuquerque. Cashier seemed shocked at the price and that I pulled the coupon from the magazine in the store.

Got it! When I asked the employee to pull one from the case, he even asked got the coupon right? If I didn't he was going to get me one. I wish all shopping experiences could be like this. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back