Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PS3/XBOX360) Pre-order $44.99 at TRU

[quote name='dgwillia006']If the deals not that good, why create 2 topics? O_O[/QUOTE]

Sorry sensitive laptop and its still less than msrp for those that might be interested.

I've heard nothing negative about my $20 preorder. If they wait till just before release, I plan on raising enough hell "I didn't preorder it anywhere else and now I'm missing out" lines to hopefully score some sympathy.

I pre-ordered it from TrUs two weeks ago when they had it for error at $19.99. And they have not cancelled my order yet which is great :D

[quote name='FerDK']I pre-ordered it from TrUs two weeks ago when they had it for error at $19.99. And they have not cancelled my order yet which is great :D[/QUOTE]

Same here but I'm just looking out for those that have remote interest in this game and may wanna use the $50 gc from last weeks sale.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I've heard nothing negative about my $20 preorder. If they wait till just before release, I plan on raising enough hell "I didn't preorder it anywhere else and now I'm missing out" lines to hopefully score some sympathy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FerDK']I pre-ordered it from TrUs two weeks ago when they had it for error at $19.99. And they have not cancelled my order yet which is great :D[/QUOTE]
Me too. I just have a feeling they will wait until May 31st, just before shipping, and send a cancellation notice. I'll be all over their shit.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Me too. I just have a feeling they will wait until May 31st, just before shipping, and send a cancellation notice. I'll be all over their shit.[/QUOTE]
This right here, I have been practicing my angry voice just for this ocassion.

yeah, im getting ready to turn my rage on! lol. my child of eden march 31st preorder with barnes n noble glitched groupons still says nothing, lol.

i love glitches in the real world

Not bad like many though I grabbed it when it was 19.99 as well though.
So we'll see if they keep that as well.

Considering this doesn't look like a glitch it might mean those who snagged it earlier on might get lucky to

wish i would have got 2 copies at $20 each cuz now i hear it's bout co-op and my grrl loves dungeon crawler co-op from the days of titan quest. lol doh

[quote name='scarhawk']If they honor your preorders at $20, they'd have to honor the SD'ers orders who probably ordered 10 each lol.[/QUOTE]
Or they could use some common sense and limit it to one per person.

[quote name='Velo214']wish i would have got 2 copies at $20 each cuz now i hear it's bout co-op and my grrl loves dungeon crawler co-op from the days of titan quest. lol doh[/QUOTE]

They have splitscreen for this game so you can still play with her. Unless you just wanted your own screen you will be fine.

Just got my cancellation e-mail on the $19.99 preorder for Hunted:

"Dear Chump,

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Unfortunately, some or all of the items from your order # nnnnnnnnnn-n are currently unavailable. As a result, these item(s) have been deleted from your order.

Here is a review of the item(s) that have been cancelled:

Item#: 9744975
Description: Hunted: The Demon's Forge for Sony PS3
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $19.99

Please note, you will not be charged for the above item(s).

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you again for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team
Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com"

just got the same cancellation email. I emailed right back and politely insisted they honor it or do something else for me.

Got my email pretty pissed at the wording of it. "Unfortunately, some or all of the items from your order # nnnnnnnnnn-n are currently unavailable." Of course its unavailable its a pre-order.... So basically your going to not honor it and and blow everyone off without even admitting there was a mistake? Canceling the pre-orders was pretty much expected but now I feel kind of insulted as well.

Got my cancellation email as well. Wish they would at least provide us a $10 off code or something. Walmart had a price "glitch" for Mario Galaxy pre-orders and they admitted their online price error plus provided a $10 off code for those who did place an order under the incorrect pre-order price.

[quote name='labrat34']just got the same cancellation email. I emailed right back and politely insisted they honor it or do something else for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most online retailers have a part in their ToS which says that they won't honor price mistakes so you probably won't get anything out of it.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm pretty sure most online retailers have a part in their ToS which says that they won't honor price mistakes so you probably won't get anything out of it.[/QUOTE]

"We attempt to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on this Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on this Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. The price displayed on the website may differ from the price for the same item sold as in-store merchandise. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer."

There's no reason for anyone to find a reason to get worked up about this. We all saw this cancellation coming.

what an obnoxiously worded email, wait, a PREORDER NOT AVAILABLE?

fuck YOU TOYSRUS. Youve always been one of the shittier B&M retailers for gamers.

Like I'm going to spend 59.99 on NBA 2K10....

Are you guys really sad/mad/upset? I placed the order knowing full well that it was more likely to get canceled than shipped. You're literally out nothing, stop whining.

Eh.... You could always try calling before getting pissed. Just got off the phone and they were happy to replace the order for the same amount offered originally. Of course, YMMV

[quote name='Arkanos']Eh.... You could always try calling before getting pissed. Just got off the phone and they were happy to replace the order for the same amount offered originally. Of course, YMMV[/QUOTE]

Don't care enough to call. I prefer the jackass sarcastic approach. I.E.

Dear Customer Service,

Thank you for almost selling me a product at Toyrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Unfortunately, some or all of the excuses for cancelling my order are lies. As a result, the future prospects of purchases made by me from you have been deleted from your bottom line.

Here is an example of the future purchase(s) that have been eliminated:

Item#: 1
Description: Average game purchases of over twenty release day games for both the PS3 and Xbox 360
Quantity/Price: 25@ $59.00

Please note that you will not receive any payment for the above item(s).

I apologize that the loss of future business is any inconvenience. Thank you again for solidifying my future purchases will be from Amazon.com.

Sincerely,
Almost customer

oh well, also got mine cancelled. didn't really want the game, so it's not worth shedding a tear over.

ya win some, ya lose some...
am I right fellow CAGers?

[quote name='arinaldi']Don't care enough to call. I prefer the jackass sarcastic approach. I.E.

Dear Customer Service,

Unfortunately, some or all of the excuses for cancelling my order are lies. As a result, the future prospects of purchases made by me from you have been deleted from your bottom line.

Description: Average game purchases of over twenty release day games for both the PS3 and Xbox 360

I apologize that the loss of future business is any inconvenience. Thank you again for solidifying my future purchases will be from Amazon.com.

Sincerely,
Almost customer[/QUOTE]

entitlement issues 101

Well I just called CS, they said because of a listing error they were cancelling all orders. I was offered a $10 discount from the regular price, but I skipped on it. oh well, it was worth a try.

[quote name='rebelmusic']Jokes are supposed to be funny.[/QUOTE]

Humor is subjective. Anyone who has even a basic understanding of the human condition knows that.

[quote name='arinaldi']Humor is subjective. Anyone who has even a basic understanding of the human condition knows that.[/QUOTE]

Teaching us about making a funny over the internet 101

#Winner

If anyone is still interested in the game, just call and say you were curious about the nature of the cancellation and they will either give you $10 or $15 off the current promo price of $44.99

[quote name='arinaldi']Don't care enough to call. I prefer the jackass sarcastic approach. I.E.

Dear Customer Service,

Sincerely,
Almost customer[/QUOTE]

25@59? don't accuse of lying by lying

I bet you placed [email protected] for this error

[quote name='gotdott']
If anyone is still interested in the game, just call and say you were curious about the nature of the cancellation and they will either give you $10 or $15 off the current promo price of $44.99[/QUOTE]

Did just that and got the game for $37.xx shipped. It isn't quite the deal as $19.99 was but I am interested enough in the game for me to take a chance.

[quote name='rebelmusic']Jokes are supposed to be funny.[/QUOTE]

I actually found it humorous, witty even. Whatever, I'm annoyed at their excuse that the item "isn't available" and wish that they could have at least been courteous enough to acknowledge their error, but this cancellation hardly comes as a surprise.

Just called back and got a $15 credit this time, making it $31.xx after tax, not quite $20 but I'll take it!! :whee:

The following item(s) will be shipped to the above address:

Item: 11329940
Description: Hunted: The Demon's Forge for Sony PS3
Quantity: 1 @ $29.99
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Important: Buy now for shipping by Jun 01, 2011
Important:

Order Total: $31.61

Oh well it was worth a try. I have only had one of these price mistakes ever go through. Most companies don't honor them.

Got my cancellation email. Really not worth my time for this game. Will wait for a natural $20 price within a few months of its release.

[quote name='3rdbass']Oh well it was worth a try. I have only had one of these price mistakes ever go through. Most companies don't honor them.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly still surprised that GoHastings went ahead and is honoring all those price mistakes they made around the holidays this past year.

... of course.. I'll believe it 100% when I'm holding my $29.99 copy of LA Noire in my hands, :lol:

[quote name='Arkanos']I'm honestly still surprised that GoHastings went ahead and is honoring all those price mistakes they made around the holidays this past year.

... of course.. I'll believe it 100% when I'm holding my $29.99 copy of LA Noire in my hands, :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think all the people who got Homefront from that can confirm for you :p

Anyway I told the CS rep that I wanted to think about it (she offered $10 credit) and when I called back they upgraded it to $15, bringing it back to the original price point :D

[quote name='gotdott']I think all the people who got Homefront from that can confirm for you :p

Anyway I told the CS rep that I wanted to think about it (she offered $10 credit) and when I called back they upgraded it to $15, bringing it back to the original price point :D[/QUOTE]
They gave you $25 in credit?

[quote name='sadboy']They gave you $25 in credit?[/QUOTE]

The xbox 360 version was $30 during the price mistake IIRC. I'm sure thats the version he got

[quote name='VaultDweller']l dunno man, that game looks like it will be the next enslave, going to be on sale for $20 within the first month:roll:[/QUOTE]Sure like any game it'll drop in price eventually,but $20within the first month I dont know about that. I have been interested in it since I first heard about it though, so getting it for $32 at launch is good a deal to me.

bread's done
Back