Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

L.A. Noire (Dev: Team Bondi, PUB: R* Games) - OUT NOW!

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#31 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

I don't want to watch it, but at the same time I would like to see if I'll be hooked immediately or if I should perhaps wait for reviews instead of going to the midnight launch.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#32 xmikex

xmikex

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

I'll probably pick it up but not for awhile - have other games to finish up.

#33 inanim8

inanim8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

Just read this article with Team Bondi's founder, Brendan McNamara.

http://www.1up.com/p...why-seven-years

They took out whole police divisions in the game!!! Originally, there were burglary and bunko (fraud) divisions too. The game was supposed to be on a 2-sided Blu, but they didn't want to have like 8 discs for the Xbox360. Instead of freebie cases, they will now be DLCs if we get them at all. My cheapass will not be thanking Xbox.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/inanimte

#34 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

My local kmart had it out on the shelf, but when I got the clerk to scan it, it had a "do not sell until..." message on the screen. Bummer

#35 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

If it wasn't obvious before (it was)... definitely developed with PS3 as the lead platform.

http://www.destructo...re-201052.phtml

#36 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

My primary concern right now is that the game will become repetitive...but that said, I can always trade the game in shortly after release for $30+ on Amazon (or through GameStop + PUR). So that said, bring on the midnight release :)

#37 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

5/5 review

http://webcache.goog...=www.google.com

#38 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

damn, so I just wiki'd Team Bondi...they have not worked on another game..is this true? I see the director had his hands in The Getaway..but that was such a sub-par game amidst GTA 3 and VC, it doesn't even compare..

IDK though, I still think this game will be fun and something different. I just hope there is enough action (is there even driving?!?) and not just button pressing to chose outcomes or whatever..

#39 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

damn, so I just wiki'd Team Bondi...they have not worked on another game..is this true? I see the director had his hands in The Getaway..but that was such a sub-par game amidst GTA 3 and VC, it doesn't even compare..

IDK though, I still think this game will be fun and something different. I just hope there is enough action (is there even driving?!?) and not just button pressing to chose outcomes or whatever..

#40 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Reviews go up today at 12:00 PM EAT, 9:00 am PST.

#41 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

First DLC leaked
Posted Image

#42 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

I was thinking about switching my preorder from the PS3 to 360 because of PSN being down but thankfully it's back up now (mostly) and I can just keep my preorder as-is. Yay!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

GOTY. Review embargo is up and sites are exploding with perfect scores. To think, almost one year ago RDR released to the same praise. R* is on a roll.

#44 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

GOTY. Review embargo is up and sites are exploding with perfect scores. To think, almost one year ago RDR released to the same praise. R* is on a roll.

OK, this is pissing me off. Team Bondi made L.A. Noire. Rockstar provided help to them as an external studio, but Rockstar did NOT make this game, they are merely the publisher. /rant

#45 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

Anyone else get this in the shipping e-mail from Amazon?

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships.

#46 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Most sites I've seen give high scores, say it is flawed but still a great piece of ambitious software. Haven't really seen anyone saying ZOMG GOTY!!!

I personally doubt it is as good as Portal 2... and we have yet to get to the end of a very stacked year in terms of big releases. Still, glad to see the high marks and really looking forward to going through the game. Anyone seen anything on length? Looks to be about a 15 hour or so game from what limited info I've seen.

#47 Rafael122

Rafael122

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

OK, this is pissing me off. Team Bondi made L.A. Noire. Rockstar provided help to them as an external studio, but Rockstar did NOT make this game, they are merely the publisher. /rant

Yeah I agree, but it doesn't help that quite a few of the reviews out there mention Rockstar and it has the Rockstar logo when the commercials play (I could be wrong about that though). Clearly it isn't a Rockstar made game, but that doesn't stop them from hyping it up and using the name.

#48 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

What I'm saying is R* obviously had a helping hand in development, as similarities abound. Regardless of who developed, R* has published back to back GOTY contenders and I'd be willing to bet L.A. Noire takes the gold this year.

Most sites I've seen give high scores, say it is flawed but still a great piece of ambitious software. Haven't really seen anyone saying ZOMG GOTY!!!

I personally doubt it is as good as Portal 2... and we have yet to get to the end of a very stacked year in terms of big releases. Still, glad to see the high marks and really looking forward to going through the game. Anyone seen anything on length? Looks to be about a 15 hour or so game from what limited info I've seen.

I give thumbs up to games that innovate and from what I've seen in reviews, the mo-cap pushes that envelope. It's something new, something fresh. As for Portal 2, I didn't buy it nor do I care to spend $30 on something I'll finish in a day, never to be played again. It may be good, but I generally don't give nods to unnecessary sequels.

#49 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm just glad we have a new game that doesn't involve you running behind an M16 shooting terrorist, or doens't simply isn't a sequel.

#50 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

Normally I would be right there with you, but Rockstar is not THQ. Clearly Rockstar has a great pedigree as a dev and had a helping hand here. I cant wait to play.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#51 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

midnight release picking up after work
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#52 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

BB just sent me a email of my preorder shipping. I should get the game in 2 days.

Posted Image

#53 ausinwarren

ausinwarren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

I guess ill head to gamestop after midnight. No need to wait in line.

#54 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

So any news yet on what the "Rockstar Pass" might be?

#55 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Just got an e-mail from GS with my "Piano Gun" code...

#56 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

heh look at the mini map. its exact copy of GTA map. :)

I'm not sure how much rockstar was really involved.. possibly just lent them their tools from their previous games to apply it to noire. And to help implement those features into it.
dunno.

Would be interesting to know the details though.

#57 ausinwarren

ausinwarren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

Wtf went to my GameStop at 1230 and they closed....god damnit

#58 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Picked up my copy from GameStop. I'm wondering what the envelope of polaroids is for since it is only labeled with "BADGE PURSUIT CHALLENGE" on the front, so maybe it's for the GameStop-exclusive DLC that we can't play yet?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#59 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

Also, don't click on the PlayStation Store button on the main menu. It might freeze because it doesn't know how to cope with the store being down. :lol:

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#60 ausinwarren

ausinwarren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

^^^^^^
I want to get my bonus bc 2 ultimate edition stuff and Vietnam...but I can't :(