Photo
- - - - -

L.A. Noire (Dev: Team Bondi, PUB: R* Games) - OUT NOW!

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#61 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Wiki for those interested or in need of help: http://lanoire.wikia...L.A._Noire_Wiki

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#62 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

So...trying to determine if the witnesses are lying, doubtful, or telling the truth is quite frustrating. So far I'm not being sucked in AT ALL. And sadly, like most R* games, the controls are clunky. Clearly Team Bondi let R* have too much of a say. Very tempted to trade this in next week at GS for the 50% bonus. Unless a CAG is interested in it...

#63 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

So...trying to determine if the witnesses are lying, doubtful, or telling the truth is quite frustrating. So far I'm not being sucked in AT ALL. And sadly, like most R* games, the controls are clunky. Clearly Team Bondi let R* have too much of a say. Very tempted to trade this in next week at GS for the 50% bonus. Unless a CAG is interested in it...

whoa, don't say all this man! I still haven't played my copy..I was really under the impression it was perfection..g-r-e-a-t..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#64 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

I mean, to each their own. You might love it, but me, it's just not "wow"-ing me. The game holds your hand when you look for evidence, yet when it comes to the witnesses, it's a toss up if they are lying/doubtful or truth/doubtful. But pick the wrong one and it's incorrect and the mission can't be perfected without restarting.

What irritates me most of all is when I'm trying to chase down a baddie, they somehow are able to keep pace ahead of me...even though I'm an ex-marine in seemingly fit physical shape. There's no reason I can't 1.) run faster than these guys, or 2.) cap them in the foot to stop them.

And considering many of the missions involve running...I'll pass. Very disappointing. If any CAG wants this, make an offer. It includes the PS3 exclusive case and the Naked City as well. I haven't use either code. Or the Piano Gun weapon code either for that matter.

#65 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

Wait wait wait.....what 50% bonus? The only one I've heard of is the coupon for 50% towards LA Noire....and I doubt thats what you're talking about.

#66 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Maybe it just takes a little while to get into it.

I know when I got RDR I wasn't impressed at all for the first few hours.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#67 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Wait wait wait.....what 50% bonus? The only one I've heard of is the coupon for 50% towards LA Noire....and I doubt thats what you're talking about.

They gave me a coupon for 40% bonus on trade-in's start May 23rd-29th. PUR get an extra 10% making it 50% total :)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by SynGamer, 17 May 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#68 ausinwarren

ausinwarren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

I love it. Slow yeah, but its still fun. Lots of stuff to do. Good graphics, etc. Great game so far.

#69 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

No release would be complete without the hilarious bugs:

#70 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

Cap them in the foot... lol. Video games. I'm glad they aren't reality.

#71 oneinfour

oneinfour

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

Half doing an interview comes down to evidence and the other half comes down to reading faces. If you dont have evidence to connect them to a lie you have to go with truth or doubt. If you see any signs of lying in their face and you dont have any evidence go with doubt. Easy face things to pick up on are avoiding eye contact, twitching, and change of color in face. Hope that helps you.

I would say its a fun game, its really interesting to try and figure out a case in the middle of it and very rewarding to yourself if you pieced it all together the first time.

#72 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

I can't help but laugh at the fact that I'm celebrating the return of PSN with L.A. Noire, an offline-only game. :lol:

#73 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm enjoying this game so far. The crime scene investiagtions and interviews are easily the most enjoyable parts but I will say that sometimes it seams that the interviews aren't fair. Such as, how do I know if I need to press "doubt" as opposed to "lie". Also, I have caught people either lying or misleading me and though I correctly said lie/doubt yet it said I was wrong. I don't konw still need some more play time with the questiongin I suppose.

#74 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

I'm with SynGamer - so far, I'm totally not into it. I'm about halfway through the 2nd chapter.

It's the clunky controls of a rockstar game, and the gameplay of Phoenix Wright.

Also - i'm not enjoying the animation as much as I was expecting. The technology leads to everyone over acting with their faces. They all have Batman neck and their eyes never really seem to lock onto what they are looking at.

Also- the scale and texture of a lot of characters heads seems strange next to the bodies.

Stupid thing that happened near the end of chapter 1:
Spoiler

Spoiler

#75 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'm with SynGamer - so far, I'm totally not into it. I'm about halfway through the 2nd chapter.

It's the clunky controls of a rockstar game, and the gameplay of Phoenix Wright.

Also - i'm not enjoying the animation as much as I was expecting. The technology leads to everyone over acting with their faces. They all have Batman neck and their eyes never really seem to lock onto what they are looking at.

Also- the scale and texture of a lot of characters heads seems strange next to the bodies.

Spoiler

Clunky controls is what has turned me off to just about every Rockstar game to date. Sadly, it appears Team Bondi let R* influence their controls a bit too much. Hated GTA IV, RDR/UN, and now L.A. Noire. And I agree with the animations; the voice acting and lip-syncing is amazing, but the actual animations on the characters and eyes looks horrible...

#76 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Spoiler

I did the exact same thing :lol:

#77 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

yep and me too really stupid on their part for even putting it in game... I mean really it tells us how to shoot..
Respect is something earned.

#78 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

I even shot him in the foot and he died. Oh well.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to
Spoiler

#79 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Fire a warning shot officer.

#80 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

I tried that too, but didn't seem to do anything.

#81 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

I even shot him in the foot and he died. Oh well.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to

Spoiler

to be honest i dont think it is....i tried that part about 5 times in a row and
Spoiler

im really enjoying this game a lot though, with the above hit and run case the first time i played through i had a 3 star rating and in theory arrested....
Spoiler
but the second time i played through got a 5 star and it felt way more satisfying calling peoples bluffs and hittin em with some evidence.

i kind of figured out how to kind of read people.....anytime they just look at you with very minimal eye movement...its truth......anytime they start looking around its either a lie or a doubt. once you know there lying or you doubt them it all comes down to your evidence. if you dont have evidence for proof that there lying just doubt em.

side note had anyone tried linking there psn account to the social club? i tried, through the game and its saying my email and password is invalid. im guessing its because psn isnt 100% still? on the social club website im logged in no problem.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#82 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

side note had anyone tried linking there psn account to the social club? i tried, through the game and its saying my email and password is invalid. im guessing its because psn isnt 100% still? on the social club website im logged in no problem.

Same here. I assumed the same. Little store button on the main menu still crashing - figure it's got to be PSN wonkiness. Maybe we'll get a patch in the meantime.

#83 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

Same here. I assumed the same. Little store button on the main menu still crashing - figure it's got to be PSN wonkiness. Maybe we'll get a patch in the meantime.

I had that problem yesterday. Eventually while browsing the site it showed my account was linked. So I don't know what the deal is.

Edited by FoxHoundADAM, 19 May 2011 - 03:49 AM.

#84 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

I don't have the game anymore but I linked my account. I had an account previously so I just logged in...perhaps account creation isn't working?

#85 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

Clunky controls is what has turned me off to just about every Rockstar game to date. Sadly, it appears Team Bondi let R* influence their controls a bit too much. Hated GTA IV, RDR/UN, and now L.A. Noire. And I agree with the animations; the voice acting and lip-syncing is amazing, but the actual animations on the characters and eyes looks horrible...

It sounds like you had unrealistic expectations my friend. I could tell from the begining that the controls were "GTA inspired".

I cant wait to actually get into playing this game tonight. Last night I had to watch the hockey and baseball games, but tonight it will be all about LA Noire.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#86 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

It sounds like you had unrealistic expectations my friend. I could tell from the begining that the controls were "GTA inspired".

I cant wait to actually get into playing this game tonight. Last night I had to watch the hockey and baseball games, but tonight it will be all about LA Noire.

Very true. I guess I had hoped that R* wouldn't have a huge influence over the game, but more of a technical aid. Either way, I just shipped the game out to a fellow CAG this morning. Looking forward to Alice: Madness Returns and a few others coming out in June.

#87 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

Well I like that it is so similar to other rockstar games. Makes it a bit easier to get into it. Very pick up and play friendlyfor me.

#88 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:26 AM

So far, I'm enjoying it. Got one on the Hit and Run. Need to play through that one again.

#89 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:59 AM

how do you know how many stars you get after a case?

and am I failing cases?... after cases 9 and 10, the captain was pissed off both times. Is this apart of the story or am I doing bad?

all I care about is money, all I care about is hundreds, all I care about is fiftys, all I care about is twentys

all I care about my whereabouts, r.i.p. my niggas they in heaven now

that's all I care about now I keep them weapons round, he say he pullin up we gon wet him down

300*

#90 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

how do you know how many stars you get after a case?

and am I failing cases?... after cases 9 and 10, the captain was pissed off both times. Is this apart of the story or am I doing bad?

You should be given a breakdown of how well you did on a given case showing how many clues you found, questions you got and at the top right you will see a stamp that will have a certain number of stars for how well you did along with a ranking such as "Admirable" or something.