Photo
- - - - -

Best retail deals you have ever gotten...

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Ok so what as this deal about? I don't hear about these form anyone but you guys so i have ot ask.
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#62 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

Without considering glitches/exploits etc. -

Best retail deals, hmmmm...the Circuit City $5 sale was definitely fantastic. $.01 guides (or anything else pennied out) is always a thrilling find.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#63 evilwrath666

evilwrath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

Dragon Warrior VII from Circuit City for $5

#64 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

This thread makes me kind of disappointed at what CAG has become. If there's a good deal, you shouldn't take more than 2-3, and even then, that's pushing it. I remember people buying games to sell to other CAGs at cost+shipping. Now it's all "I bought 15 copies to flip!". Leave some for the other people and let them enjoy the thrill of a deal too. Where's the camaraderie?

#65 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

This is NOT theft (read before you judge me)

I went to a Best Buy near me

I went to the Xbox 360 isle and picked up, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Guitar Hero III disc only, and a 4000MS point card

I went to the check out, older woman unlocked all the items out of the clear security cases, scanned some items, put them in the bag, I got in my car checked the receipt...

...the older woman only scanned the Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and the 4000MS point card, BUT unlocked all and put them in the bag

...I got Guitar Hero III for Free because the cashier was an idiot (this was when it first came out)

#66 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

I went to the Xbox 360 isle and picked up, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Guitar Hero III disc only, and a 4000MS point card

I went to the check out, older woman unlocked all the items out of the clear security cases, scanned some items, put them in the bag, I got in my car checked the receipt...

...the older woman only scanned the Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and the 4000MS point card, BUT unlocked all and put them in the bag

...I got Guitar Hero III for Free because the cashier was an idiot (this was when it first came out)

deals are what you pay for, and that old lady probably got fired since you didn't say a word

:hot:

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#67 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

So GH3 just came out and Best Buy was selling it disc only?

538822.png

#68 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

So GH3 just came out and Best Buy was selling it disc only?

yeah you know how you could buy it with a guitar....OR just the game copy?

#69 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

so how is this not theft?

#70 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

The $5 CC deal. Hastings was running a "trade 3, get a new game free!" deal at the samr time. $15 in CC games = 1 $49.99 game. A ridiculous amount of footwork was done but it was totally worth it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#71 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Getting the God of War 3 CE for $20 from TRU. I've gotten a lot of games cheaper, but most other places were either sold out of it or still selling it for around $90 at the time, so it's the biggest discount I've ever gotten off a single game. Also I picked up the first Devil Summoner game for PS2 brand new for around $10 or $15, it didn't seem like it was selling all that great, and I just bought it because I was collecting SMT games, and the price skyrocketed shortly afterwards.

#72 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

so how is this not theft?

because it was given to me 8-)

#73 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

sounds like you took an item without paying for it and bragged about it online

that sounds like theft

#74 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

This thread makes me kind of disappointed at what CAG has become. If there's a good deal, you shouldn't take more than 2-3, and even then, that's pushing it. I remember people buying games to sell to other CAGs at cost+shipping. Now it's all "I bought 15 copies to flip!". Leave some for the other people and let them enjoy the thrill of a deal too. Where's the camaraderie?

Except for at Kmart/Sears where the games would either go OOS or they would raise the prices back up to retail price. If a game went OOS that means if it was still on the shelf and would come up as not in the system in the register you basically had no chance of an employee ever selling it to you. In this case it was better for the CAG's to buy up all the games rather than to have this happen with unbought titles.

#75 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

sounds like you took an item without paying for it and bragged about it online

that sounds like theft

its certainly not theft. he did nothing to conceal the item or attempt to leave the store without payign for it. the cashier did not charge him for one of the three items he tried to purchase.

Its dishonest or immoral to not return to the store and advise them of their mistake, but its not theft, not at all.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#76 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hmmm, we should try to stick with LEGIT retail deals we've gotten, not morally/ethically/legally questionable employee goof ups, glitches, exploits etc. Save those for the shopping morality thread, or maybe ABC News Investigations "What would you do" :lol:.

Although I am surprised no one has yet mentioned the notorious Best Buy B2G1 Free programming goof ups/glitches/exploits:

1. a couple Best Buy B2G1 sales ago (late 2009?), where the middle game would always ring up free, no matter the cost of the various games in the deal...thus people were buying 2 $5 Rock Revolution copies with $60 new releases etc.

2. recent Best Buy B2G1 sales where the computer doesn't pro-rate the discount or tie the free game in with the 2 paid for games, thus some shady individuals were returning the 2 paid for games for full credit/cash, and for all intents and purposes getting a game (or games) for free.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#77 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

its certainly not theft. he did nothing to conceal the item or attempt to leave the store without payign for it. the cashier did not charge him for one of the three items he tried to purchase.

Its dishonest or immoral to not return to the store and advise them of their mistake, but its not theft, not at all.

No. It's theft.

#78 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

No. It's theft.

really legal eagle? no its not. run it by your local leo.

Posted Image

#79 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

He knowingly took something without paying for it.

How is that not theft?

#80 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

He knowingly took something without paying for it.

How is that not theft?

no he didnt, you should try reading and comprehending his post before commenting. he knowingly tried to pay for them. he realized he was not charged for 1 of the 3 items after leaving the store with the merchandise that the cashier gave him.

Posted Image

#81 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

explain to me why he didn't man up and pay for his stolen goods?

#82 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

explain to me why he didn't man up and pay for his stolen goods?

I dont need to explain his actions. Like I said in my post, which is hard to read I guess; its dishonest or immoral to not return to the store and advise them of their mistake, but its not theft, not at all.

And they're not stolen goods because, well they weren't stolen. I cant believe I have to explain this to people.

Posted Image

#83 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Yeah ok.