Order & Chaos- Gameloft's 3D MMO out now

caltab

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Gameloft just released their 3D MMO Order & Chaos for 6.99. It's a universal app and comes with a 3 month subscription. Sub renewals are .99/month, 1.99 for 3 months, or 2.99 for 6 months. The game is wifi only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mamkauXJZI&feature=player_embedded

Toucharcade's initial impressions are pretty positive.

I recommend CAGs play on the Arcadian Forest server.

The game does have IAP purchaes. You can buy gold and also runes. I am not sure the full extent of runes. I know they can be used to instantly res instead of having to go back to a graveyard. They can also be used to boost experience and buy vanity pets. I don't know how easily it is to boost XP through runes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it has potential. Have you tried it yet? I wish it supported playing on 3G, but I suppose that's not possible with this type of game. I'm especially curious about how well it plays on the iPad. However, the subscription aspect of it is a turn off, especially since I'd only be able to play while on Wifi. That limits the amount of time I'd be able to play the game and any time some other game pops up that I want to play, I'll feel like I'm getting ripped off in this game. I guess that's why I never bothered to try World of Warcraft. At least this one isn't quite so expensive.

I'm downloading it now. 3 dollars for a 6 month sub is incredibly cheap. In comparison, WoW is like 12 or 15 bucks a month. If the game is halfway decent 6 dollars for a year is a steal.

I think this might be gameloft's first universal app.

[quote name='caltab']I'm downloading it now. 3 dollars for a 6 month sub is incredibly cheap. In comparison, WoW is like 12 or 15 bucks a month. If the game is halfway decent 6 dollars for a year is a steal.

I think this might be gameloft's first universal app.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. The game looks better than some of the older surviving MMOs that still charge $10+ dollars to play. I'll definitely be doing a 6 month sub. I'm happy this is universal too so we can play on both systems.

Played a little bit, it seems pretty legit so far. Plays like a watered down WOW, which is pretty impressive for an iphone/ipad. The servers aren't by region, so chat has a lot of languages cluttering it up. I think the guild cap is only 60, pretty small. This game has the potential to be a massive success IMO.

Can anyone verify if My 3G or 3G Unrestrictor work with this? That could be a large factor for those with unlimited data plans.

I've played just a bit so far and it does seem to work fairly nice. One thing that bothers me is the chat window, is there any way to put it away like the map. It is too obtrusive. One thing that is nice is the game runs fairly stable, when I tried to play Pocket Legends I kept getting massive lag but almost none so far on this game.

My friend wants to get this on her ipod. She has an ipod touch 3rd gen, but when she tried to download it, it gave her the message saying "OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics is required" when she's tried to download it.

Is she not able to run it on her ipod? The compatible devices say she can.

[quote name='haddes911']My friend wants to get this on her ipod. She has an ipod touch 3rd gen, but when she tried to download it, it gave her the message saying "OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics is required" when she's tried to download it.

Is she not able to run it on her ipod? The compatible devices say she can.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should work on Ipod 3rd gen, maybe her FW is not updated?

Hi guys, i have a problem with the connection in Order & chaos, when i try to connect; after several time; appear this message: Request expired, verify the connection with internet and retry (id error=30003)... What does it mean?? :cry:

Are characters stored locally? or online?

I'm tempted to get it now, and play on my wife's ipod touch.
My ipad2 should arrive next week.

So I don't want to have to start over.

[quote name='csidegamer']Are characters stored locally? or online?

I'm tempted to get it now, and play on my wife's ipod touch.
My ipad2 should arrive next week.

So I don't want to have to start over.[/QUOTE]

Online, I've played my character on my iPhone and iPad.

[quote name='Banjora']There been any attempt to make a CAG guild? Or if not what various worlds and sides have ya all been playing on?[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely be interested in joining a CAG guild.

I've been playing as an undead monk on the Arcadian Forest server like the OP suggested. Been having fun. Brings back lots of WoW memories.

If someone creates the guild, add me for sure. Toon name is "Red" and my Gameloft Live handle is knightsdwn.

Just tried it, still trying to get used to the controls.. its not bad for an IPAD mmo. I am Aswang on Arcadian Forest, Undead Monk.

So are you folks enjoying this game still? I'm still mulling it over. I might bite, but would be more inclined if I hear some more positive impressions from CAGs.

Honestly, I think I am done with it. Im a level 25 warrior and the game has gotten really old. There is really nothing to do other then quest and all the quests are very similar- kill x number of animals or collect x number of widgets. There is no pvp other then dueling and no dungeons. There are some forced PVP zones, but they aren't fun. You just end up getting camped by higher levels. There aren't even any group quests that I have encountered or heard any one find. It's basically a watered down single player WOW with chat. I have also had trouble finding quests at my level at several points during the game. Traveling is a pain, there are portals but they cost a decent amount of currency and only take you to the next village.

Ouch. Well, I guess I'll save my money, then, and hope that Blizzard or somebody else steps up to the plate. Thanks for the opinion.

I think I am the minority on my opinion. Touch arcade has a monster thread and most are very high in the game. I do think I am higher level than a a good amount of those people though. My initial impressions were very positive, but the game got old for me. It has the addictive qualities of wow, but not enough variety. It definitely does prove the iOS can have a legit mmo though, it's just this one is pretty bland IMO. It controls well, runs smoothly, and the zones are pretty massive. If blizz ever wanted, they could definitely bring a wow light to iOS. Considering I am level 25, I have gotten a good amount enjoyment out of the game for 7 bucks, but unless they update it with dungeons and group quests I can't see myself playing much longer.

Actually I checked toucharcade and what I'm seeing is lots of complaints about the exact same things - much higher level campers ruining the game at forced pvp entrances, for example, and then other campers in the graveyard, or whatever it is, after you die. Sounds pretty terrible. Maybe they'll actually update this thing, though, and fix these problems or otherwise improve it. The subscription model certainly encourages them to put an effort into updating it - keep the subscriptions going.

I am level 17 and am still enjoying the game even though I have some major complaints.

1. Lag - I don't know if it's just me but I often get huge lag spikes where if feels like my character is "linkdead". It happens often too - like every other encounter. It's annoying and has caused many deaths.

2. Ground spawns/NPC spawning - Obviously camping is a large part of MMOs, but for a mobile game I wouldn't expect it to be this bad. The spawn timers are short, but because they are tied to quests, everyone is going after the same items/NPCs. The quests were you need a specific ground spawn or NPC are a pain. Most of the time you'll find a large group of players hovering around the spawn spot fighting for the next pop.

3. Traveling - For a mobile game, I'd expect faster means of travel. The portals are expensive and only take you to the adjacent town. Would be nice to be able to port anywhere for a lower cost or something similar to the flying Griffins in WoW.

I haven't come across a way to create a guild yet. Do you need to be a certain level?

Edit: ok, I finally went to greenmont and found the guild vendor. Looks like it costs 5g to create one though. I've spent all my money on bag slots so I won't be creating a guild just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've been using the AH to sell tradeskilling materials and have small amount of gold saved up. Are you guys still interested in a CAG guild? Right now it's mainly just a dedicated chat channel but I'd be willing to create one if there are people on here still playing.

protip: Traveling is a lot less annoying if you create an alt and park him in Greenmont. You can use mail to send money and items back and forth. I use the alt to sell stuff in the AH and buy all my skillbooks instead of running back there. Also, you should't keep your money on your main character. The cost of dying is dependent upon how much money you have on you, so the less you have the cheaper the cost.

The cost of dying is actually primarily based on your level. It increases as you level. But, if you dont have enough gold it will just take a percentage of what you have left. Though, I agree it's good to not carry much gold on you.

My sense is there arent enough cags playing to make a guild worth the gold.

I am a Lvl 16 Monk (Military).. I am enjoying the game but as caltab has said, it does get stale. But that is something I pretty much accepted due to the limitations of being an iOS game. For the price its worth it, as I dont really feel playing a full pledge MMO right now..still waiting for SW:TOR.

I dont lag a lot, I've only experienced it a few times usually when the mob starts running but it looks like it is still in front of me.. thats when I just cast my long range DD spell. If you want to save money and don't die a lot, go monk..

I am up to a level 49 Warrior and started another Level 8 Ranger. There hasn't been a day that I haven't played this game. This is coming from someone who's never played a MMO before and usually just played FPS or Action games.

PVP Camping has been addressed in the update, and those who complain about the repetitive quests... there's only so much you can deviate from the existing formula.

In any case, its more about the armor/weapon/items than anything else.

For those of you on the fence, you have nothing to lose.. you have 3 months for free and that's enough to let you know if you like it or not.

bread's done
Back