Amazon: Arcania: Gothic 4 (360) for $18.

This is one of those Euro-RPGs in the vein of Risen. It's actually quite enjoyable, as something "different" in the RPG arena, but these are notoriously difficult to get into at first. Stick with it and you'll find it's $18 well spent. Great deal.

How does this game compare to Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga? I just got that a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. They look similar judging from some of the gameplay videos I saw.

The PC version is $16.07 at Amazon for those interested. Thought the demo was decent even though the voice acting was horrendous. Might pick one up at these prices.

[quote name='cmahoney']How does this game compare to Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga? I just got that a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. They look similar judging from some of the gameplay videos I saw.[/QUOTE]

If you like Divinity II, this is a no-brainer.

Is it anything like Gothic 1 and 2? Those are prolly my 2 favorite rpgs of all time. Something you wont hear many people say, Im sure... but they are/were rpg perfection and just didnt sell for crap.

I loved Divinity 2, Risen AND Two Worlds...but I got all those games for under $10 each. This one will continue to drop, I'll wait it out.

[quote name='Ribkage']Is it anything like Gothic 1 and 2? Those are prolly my 2 favorite rpgs of all time. Something you wont hear many people say, Im sure... but they are/were rpg perfection and just didnt sell for crap.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read it's nothing like earlier Gothic games.

I liked the gameplay part of the demo, if they didn't talk and there was no storyline this game would be a lot better. I bought it anyway, seems like I can never get enough these type of games, give me a sword and shield (or torch that casts shadows behind you) any day.

I found this game very enjoyable. The hero is a tool, but they made him like that on purpose and it really works. The game has a lot of humor, but it is played straight. Keep that in mind when playing. If you don't realize that the game is not deadly serious, you may not get it and think it is stupid.

I liked it better than Divinity II, but Divinity II is longer.

Shoot.. I bought last week from amazon at $24 or so. Really, really enjoying the game. The gameplay is very similar to Risen, but (to me) a lot funner and straight forward. (And that's sacrilegious to most Risen fans)

Bow work is pretty fun, transitioning between hand to hand, bow and magic is very straightforward.

The most common complaint is that the game is pretty linear and not as complex/open as the "real" Gothics. Valid complaints, still a super fun game.

I also enjoyed this game quite a bit and agree with Stryffe on liking it more than Divinity II, although I think both are good games. It is linear but personally I don't mind that in most games since it's easier to keep the gameplay and balance tight if you know roughly what level the player will be when he gets to each point in the game. I get my fix of huge, open(ish) worlds with the Elder Scrolls & Fallout games.

Says $13.49 on the webpage and when I add to cart. Mayhaps to be updating of the title for this thread?

BUYER BEWARE: This game is currently broken for Achievements and there is NO WAY to get 1000/1000 and NO PLANS to fix it since the company is dead!

And for the record, Divinity II is way , WAY better than this game, especially the new remastered edition from Atlus.

Don't waste your money.

I can understand if you think the game isn't all that good, but to say it shouldn't be purchased due to the fact that you cant get 1000/1000 seems kinda crazy to me. I know a lot of people are achievement whores but not buying a game solely on broken achievements...?

[quote name='GoreObsessed']I can understand if you think the game isn't all that good, but to say it shouldn't be purchased due to the fact that you cant get 1000/1000 seems kinda crazy to me. I know a lot of people are achievement whores but not buying a game solely on broken achievements...?[/QUOTE]

I won't buy it solely based on this.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']I can understand if you think the game isn't all that good, but to say it shouldn't be purchased due to the fact that you cant get 1000/1000 seems kinda crazy to me. I know a lot of people are achievement whores but not buying a game solely on broken achievements...?[/QUOTE]

I'd be put off from buying it more by the fact that the developers don't give enough of a shit to fix their own game. It's one of the main reason I never bought the retail Ghostbusters game (although they did finally fix it over a year+ later).

bread's done
Back