Photo
- - - - -

Amazon: Arcania: Gothic 4 (360) for $18.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:48 AM

This game diddnt get the best reviews but It possibly seems worth the $18 Amazon is asking for it. On the flip side Amazon gives $19 trade in for it, so you can always flip a few copies and make a buck off each. :P

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_vg_3

Mytrade list.....

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95766

#2 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:49 AM

link
http://www.amazon.co...03969757&sr=8-1

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

lol I totally forgot the link. Sorry about that. Edited..

Mytrade list.....

#4 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

Demo was enjoyable, in for one, thanks op.

#5 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:06 AM

Yea I'm tempted to get one myself. Gamestop still has it for like $45 used so it seems like a steal at $18.

Mytrade list.....

#6 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

This is one of those Euro-RPGs in the vein of Risen. It's actually quite enjoyable, as something "different" in the RPG arena, but these are notoriously difficult to get into at first. Stick with it and you'll find it's $18 well spent. Great deal.

#7 AlphaHunter

AlphaHunter

Would You Kindly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

In for a copy. Thanks OP!!

#8 cmahoney

cmahoney

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:31 AM

How does this game compare to Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga? I just got that a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. They look similar judging from some of the gameplay videos I saw.

#9 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

The PC version is $16.07 at Amazon for those interested. Thought the demo was decent even though the voice acting was horrendous. Might pick one up at these prices.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

me 2 like the demo , it looks awesome

Games My life..8.gif

#11 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

How does this game compare to Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga? I just got that a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it so far. They look similar judging from some of the gameplay videos I saw.

If you like Divinity II, this is a no-brainer.

#12 Ribkage

Ribkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

Is it anything like Gothic 1 and 2? Those are prolly my 2 favorite rpgs of all time. Something you wont hear many people say, Im sure... but they are/were rpg perfection and just didnt sell for crap.
Im not only a cheap ass gamer. Im a cheap ass mutha fucka!

#13 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

I loved Divinity 2, Risen AND Two Worlds...but I got all those games for under $10 each. This one will continue to drop, I'll wait it out.

#14 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Is it anything like Gothic 1 and 2? Those are prolly my 2 favorite rpgs of all time. Something you wont hear many people say, Im sure... but they are/were rpg perfection and just didnt sell for crap.

From what I've read it's nothing like earlier Gothic games.

#15 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Kinda hard to pass on this when Amazon will give 19 in credit for so i'm buying now and trading in if i'm not feeling it ,

#16 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

I liked the gameplay part of the demo, if they didn't talk and there was no storyline this game would be a lot better. I bought it anyway, seems like I can never get enough these type of games, give me a sword and shield (or torch that casts shadows behind you) any day.

#17 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

I found this game very enjoyable. The hero is a tool, but they made him like that on purpose and it really works. The game has a lot of humor, but it is played straight. Keep that in mind when playing. If you don't realize that the game is not deadly serious, you may not get it and think it is stupid.

I liked it better than Divinity II, but Divinity II is longer.
Posted Image

#18 fuerstma

fuerstma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

Shoot.. I bought last week from amazon at $24 or so. Really, really enjoying the game. The gameplay is very similar to Risen, but (to me) a lot funner and straight forward. (And that's sacrilegious to most Risen fans)

Bow work is pretty fun, transitioning between hand to hand, bow and magic is very straightforward.

The most common complaint is that the game is pretty linear and not as complex/open as the "real" Gothics. Valid complaints, still a super fun game.

#19 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

I also enjoyed this game quite a bit and agree with Stryffe on liking it more than Divinity II, although I think both are good games. It is linear but personally I don't mind that in most games since it's easier to keep the gameplay and balance tight if you know roughly what level the player will be when he gets to each point in the game. I get my fix of huge, open(ish) worlds with the Elder Scrolls & Fallout games.

#20 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

I liked the demo so I bit on this as well
Posted Image

#21 Gut

Gut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'm in for one, thanks OP!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Local co-op?

#23 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

Local co-op?

no, single player only

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#24 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

just played the demo for about a half hour, it was good but i decided i'll save the money...

#25 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

BUYER BEWARE: This game is currently broken for Achievements and there is NO WAY to get 1000/1000 and NO PLANS to fix it since the company is dead!

And for the record, Divinity II is way , WAY better than this game, especially the new remastered edition from Atlus.

Don't waste your money.

#26 GoreObsessed

GoreObsessed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

I can understand if you think the game isn't all that good, but to say it shouldn't be purchased due to the fact that you cant get 1000/1000 seems kinda crazy to me. I know a lot of people are achievement whores but not buying a game solely on broken achievements...?

Mytrade list.....

#27 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

up to $21.88 now

EDIT-$22.79 now

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#28 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

Got this the day it came out. Huge letdown for full price but not bad for under 20.

#29 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

I can understand if you think the game isn't all that good, but to say it shouldn't be purchased due to the fact that you cant get 1000/1000 seems kinda crazy to me. I know a lot of people are achievement whores but not buying a game solely on broken achievements...?

I won't buy it solely based on this.

#30 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

I'd be put off from buying it more by the fact that the developers don't give enough of a shit to fix their own game. It's one of the main reason I never bought the retail Ghostbusters game (although they did finally fix it over a year+ later).