Top Spin 4 preowned for 17.99 at Gamestop

Geez Louise, what happened with this game that it's under $20 in just barely a month? I liked Top Spin 3 a lot, though, I'll have to get the demo.

theres been a price drop to 39.99, not officially though in most outlets. It got a 9.0 on gamespot and 8.5 on IGN I think.

I feel bad for 2K, always have. Ever since they were owned by Sega. From Sega to Take Two, terrible marketing after the other.

At least they made NBA 2K11 amazing, IMO, the best sports game since World Series Baseball 2K3

WOW. Those sales are horrendous. Thats really depressing.

EA's Medal of Honor reboot crap sold 1.5 million easily, and this is struggling to break 100k two months after release?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']WOW. Those sales are horrendous. Thats really depressing.

EA's Medal of Honor reboot crap sold 1.5 million easily, and this is struggling to break 100k two months after release?[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's a tennis game. I don't follow game sales all that much -- so maybe I should just be quiet -- but I think that shooting people trumps playing tennis pretty hard in the video game market.

I would say a large part of the low used price is due to Langers Juice giving away free copies of the game. So several people probably traded it in as soon as it came in to Gamestop for a quick flip. Also Gamestop was offering it as one of the titles on the trade 2 get 50 towards LA Noire so the stores had a surplus inventory of them so the price was lowered to clear out the inventory. Plus it's a tennis game and they don't sell very well to begin with. Top Spin 4 has been 17.99 used since atleast 04-21-11 and on that day it had a $5 trade-in value.

With that being said I already have Virtua Tennis preordered!

Too bad the sales suck for this game. Also too bad that it is OOS.

My cousin and I were both waiting for a price-drop under $25. This would have been perfect, but no stores in my area appear to have it used.

probably had 4 copies, plus Virtua Tennis 4 is coming out which has been better every year for the last 10 years, so the price will drop everywhere.

Got it in the mail last night, damn you Gamestop, how the hell does a new release come disc only? Generic case, no manual. Seriously ridiculous.

Will rebuy from this damn store and do a return. I just don't understand how anyone traded this in disc only....

Was it for the online site's fucking display copies?

[quote name='pun123']probably had 4 copies, plus Virtua Tennis 4 is coming out which has been better every year for the last 10 years, so the price will drop everywhere.[/QUOTE]

100% agree......Virtua Tennis is way better.....love the mini games

[quote name='LordVila']I would say a large part of the low used price is due to Langers Juice giving away free copies of the game. So several people probably traded it in as soon as it came in to Gamestop for a quick flip. Also Gamestop was offering it as one of the titles on the trade 2 get 50 towards LA Noire so the stores had a surplus inventory of them so the price was lowered to clear out the inventory. Plus it's a tennis game and they don't sell very well to begin with. Top Spin 4 has been 17.99 used since atleast 04-21-11 and on that day it had a $5 trade-in value.

With that being said I already have Virtua Tennis preordered![/QUOTE]

This.

damn, only 2 stores in Houston have it, I may do a 'Pick Up at Store' but the one I called had me on hold for 10 mins, before I even asked if it was complete w/ case and manual..

This is a good deal, I want it on the PS3 to try out with Move..

Just got mine today via the mail. Ordered mine on Monday night, too.

Case and disc are in awesome shape, manual is slightly dinged up though.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Got it in the mail last night, damn you Gamestop, how the hell does a new release come disc only? Generic case, no manual. Seriously ridiculous.

Will rebuy from this damn store and do a return. I just don't understand how anyone traded this in disc only....

Was it for the online site's fucking display copies?[/QUOTE] I never trade in game cases with my games. Why would I? Same value either way

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Got it in the mail last night, damn you Gamestop, how the hell does a new release come disc only? Generic case, no manual. Seriously ridiculous.

Was it for the online site's fucking display copies?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I never trade in game cases with my games. Why would I? Same value either way[/QUOTE]

Another reason why I quit doing business with Lamestop a long long time ago. There's your problem some of you guys never learn. :lol:

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I never trade in game cases with my games. Why would I? Same value either way[/QUOTE]

Um...to not be a *(&^* ??

Seriously - it is extremely crappy to find a GS with the game you want to play but some $^%&* didn't bring in the case and instructions.

What do you do the case? Throw it in the recycling bin? What's the point

bread's done
Back