The TV Show about the Parks and Recreation Dept. in Pawnee, IN

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#211 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Episode was alright. I knew where the joke was going and Jason was wasted on the role. Not the best, but still enjoyable.

Agree, it just felt like they crammed way too much into this episode, like it was meant to be an hour long or something. And yes, they totally wasted Jason's role.

The Perd joke was great though, 1.5/5 stars for E.T. because it wasn't believable.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#212 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, having Jean-Ralphio's sister did drag down the episode. I was touched by Chris Traeger's efforts to be a father to Tom, even though that kinda failed.

Batsugunner.png

#213 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

For those that really dig the show-
http://www.cardboard...n-trading-cards

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#214 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

But it's NOT a trading card GAME?

Batsugunner.png

#215 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

We need...Pawneepoly.

Holy shit. THIS IS MY IDEA DON'T STEAL IT YOU JERKS.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#216 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

But it's NOT a trading card GAME?

Nope...just a set with base cards, autographs and costume cards of stuff worn in the show.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#217 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

No. We need PAWNEE-Oh!
It's time to.... eat everything on J.J. Diner's menu.

Batsugunner.png

#218 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

http://www.pawneeind...er/040413.shtml
April Newsletter, written by none other than... April.

Batsugunner.png

#219 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

New episode tonight, and the promo pics show that Ron is in the hospital, and something like this.
I've finally discovered Ann Perkins's blog, and I now understand why April really hates her so much.

Batsugunner.png

#220 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

That ending scene was just delightful.

Batsugunner.png

#221 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

"Do you exercise?"
"Yes. Love making and woodworking."

:lol:

#222 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

It's amazing that Ron Swanson is even alive at this point, considering his eating habits.

Batsugunner.png

#223 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Dear God, this is what Leslie had to deal with for the past 10 years in her career.

Batsugunner.png

#224 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Dammit, Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe are leaving the show at episode 13 of the next season.

http://insidetv.ew.c...and-recreation/

Batsugunner.png

#225 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Chris Pratt is going to be around less this season too since he's filming a movie.

God, I hope they end it this season and don't drag it on like The Office.

#226 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

I honestly feel the same way that Parks & Rec needs to end after this upcoming season. The problem is that NBC is banking on Parks & Rec gaining popularity the way Big Bang Theory did when that hits syndication so if that were to happen then NBC is going to want the show to continue past season 6. Also with the way many of the story arcs have been going I can't see much left on Parks & Rec past season 6. But who knows what is in store so we'll see.

I will miss Rob Lowe on the show. His character was constantly funny and enjoyable. Rashida Jones on the other hand... nice eye candy but I won't miss so much. Honestly her character was the figurative Pit on this show so much like the pit on Sullivan Street it's finally time to move on from it.

New sig coming soon.

#227 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Attention: Football is back. And try Chris Traeger's Berry Lemonade Popsicles made with the freshest lemons, kale, and salmon.

http://www.pawneeind...er/091913.shtml

Batsugunner.png

#228 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm late to the party, and I've only seen a few of this season's episodes, but I think PNR is headed in the right direction with the storyline about incorporating Eagleton.  They should've done that shit a long time ago and scrapped the Ben/Leslie shipping, which is and has always been fucking tedious.  It nearly derailed the show.

I guess the need for sitcom romance is entirely lost on me.  If it's funny, it's a different story, but if it's just cute and otherwise dumb, I don't get it.  Staying clear of that bullshit is what differentiates sitcoms worth watching (which is a rare bird) from sitcoms in general.  Strell raised KOTH a ways back, and I think it did a lot better job of staying focused and using romance, if it came up, for laughs first and cute bullshit, if it's there, second. 

So to come back to PNR, the whole Ron/Xena thing is lost on me, I know they want to "grow" Ron as a character, but it's not working because the core of what makes Ron good and true is not typical to your run-of-the-mill sitcom.  Then why force that original character into run-of-the-mill conceits?  In one of the recent episodes I saw, Ron wants to get off the grid, and Xena's giving him the biz for "not being there."  I'm abusing the Fuck out of these airquotes because this is one of those bullshit character growth conventions you see in every sitcom that's come down the pike. 

What's it going to take to convince sitcom folks that one-dimensional isn't bad if it's done well?  If you don't want it to get old, then pare your episode order down, go all HBO on things and limit your seasons.  Just stop doing these rote, trite character arcs and defend the practice by saying, "Well, we had to, it's so hard to come up with content."  FIDDLESTICKS! 

If you're smart enough to cast Sam Elliott against type as Ron's doppelganger, you're smart enough to get by without leaning on bullshit sitcom conceits.  Try harder.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#229 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Last night's episode confronted how Leslie's idealism, perseverance, and stubbornness all lead to the fact that she can be annoying as a #bitchboss. Irked even more by by reappearance of Councilmen Jamm and Dexhart, and using a plotline ripped from headlines from the past two years. At least we didn't see a picture of Ben's junk, or at least his butt.

I was surprised that Ben and Leslie's lawyer is the same guy that Henry Winkler hired to attack Tom during the end of last season, though what the hell is up with his hair?  Then again, despite it seeming Pawnee being that big like Twin Peaks, it's pretty small like Dual Spires.

Batsugunner.png

#230 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

No new episodes until November 14th due to NBC having to reshuffle the Thursday night lineup after axing Welcome To The Family. But then we'll get one hour for two weeks in a row so that kinda makes up for three weeks of no new Leslie, Ron, and gang.

New sig coming soon.

#231 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

But then it's gone until mid-January.

We just got Jammed.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#232 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

I think NBC IS being run by the Pawnee City Council.

You'd think not being run by Zucker would improve the outlook of the company, especially when CNN fell deeper into the sh-, but apparently it can be worse.

Batsugunner.png

#233 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

The new newsletter is out in email, and according to Chris Traeger, don't eat the turkeys with a strange blue coloring under the wing. It's because of a Sweetums explosion in '11, and eating the turkey will definitely make you sick.

Batsugunner.png