47 replies to this topic

#31 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

Eff them with the no blu package.

Also got my price adjusted to 14$ since I bought it at 20$

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#32 matthewhsh2002

matthewhsh2002

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

would you guys recommend this to someone who hasn't watched the series?

#33 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

Nope. Watch the series first.

Well at least if Funi keeps up with those cases they won't stand out as much once I get more of them.

#34 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

This is technically part of the series, a continuation of the story, so I would recommend to watch the series first before watching it. The show is great (and available on Netflix streaming, which is were I watched it), but if you watch the show, prepare to want to watch the movie as well.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#35 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

Thanks OP.
-Michael

Posted Image

#36 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:47 AM

Hey everyone thanks for the recommendaiton to watch the series. If you are interested, all 11 episodes are available on Hulu.

#37 mbartholow

mbartholow

Big Lots Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

Thanks! Now for Eva 2.22 to go on sale...

quoted for truth.

#38 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

Thanks! Now for Eva 2.22 to go on sale...

you guys need to just go ahead and get it @ $20. I thought it was amazing. I swear I stopped blinking while watching it.
....いい意味で

#39 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

you guys need to just go ahead and get it @ $20. I thought it was amazing. I swear I stopped blinking while watching it.

It was in my goldbox, so I broke down and bought it for $18.99 or whatever the discount ended up being. Haven't watched it yet.

#40 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

I'm disappointed funi went with dvd cases for these blu/dvd combo packs. Not sure why they don't use blu ray packaging like their other BRs as it's smaller and probably cheaper to make
Posted Image

#41 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm disappointed funi went with dvd cases for these blu/dvd combo packs. Not sure why they don't use blu ray packaging like their other BRs as it's smaller and probably cheaper to make

Spoiler

I agree I'm disappointed that they went this route with the packaging. I was hoping it would come in a blu ray sized case with a slipcover but alas. I'm still thinking about ordering this though. You can't beat $13.99 but maybe if enough people refuse to buy it and call and let them know they are disappointed with the packing maybe next time we'll get the blu ray sized case.

#42 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

I've already posted all over their Facebook of how much I think this new decision for DVD cases suck ass.

I'm more hoping for them to ship out replacements at some point even, like the whole Simpsons head cases fiasco.

But it's doubtful they'll go that far to appease the masses.

#43 kenjimeadu

kenjimeadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Thanks, OP! In for one.

#44 doppelgangerknight

doppelgangerknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Thanks OP picked up a copy after I finished watching the series on Netflix. I'm looking forward to watching the movie.

#45 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

I've already posted all over their Facebook of how much I think this new decision for DVD cases suck ass.

I'm more hoping for them to ship out replacements at some point even, like the whole Simpsons head cases fiasco.

I've got a feeling they just have a massive stockpile of these DVD cases left to burn through, so they're using them instead of the BD ones.

I also think a case replacement program is unlikely given how already unprofitable the anime/manga in the US is these days (even compared to a few years ago). (Though I'm sure if there's a content problem, that would justify the publisher spending the money to replace discs.)
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#46 optimusprime8062

optimusprime8062

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

Mine keeps coming in broken. The bottom latch that holds the middle swinging "door" was broke on the first one I bought, then I sent it back...and the same thing. I dont know what the deal is...

#47 JimmyJim

JimmyJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:48 AM

Mine keeps coming in broken. The bottom latch that holds the middle swinging "door" was broke on the first one I bought, then I sent it back...and the same thing. I dont know what the deal is...

Thats pretty terrible. mines came the same way -___-'
i basically just threw the whole door away and toss'd it aside since ill only watch the blu-ray.....

#48 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

I hope they can at least let you print out your own blu ray size cover

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312