Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/1/11 to 5/7/11)

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#391 Shadowiii

Shadowiii

Do the Mario!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

The only two Kinect games in that BB batch worth it are the Kinect Sports and Fitness Evolved. Just got a Kinect so might grab them.
Don't get the others. Please. Save yourself. I've played them all, and they are all pretty damn awful. Motion Sports and Zumba especially....ugh.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Posted Image

Want something really cheap? Try Paradise Seekers, my $1 eBook on Amazon!

Also, check out my blog, where I'm trying to review every game I've ever played!

#392 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

dang it. the scarcity of mk 9 just makes me want to get it more and more. I'm pretty bad at fighting games, but I enjoy the story. borrowed mk 9 from redbox over the weekend for $2 and powered through the story mode. do you think it would be worth to buy it just to see what's out there? I'm probably not going to play online at all..

what to do ... what to do....

#393 arcadegamer

arcadegamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

I called mine and they said Wednesday, but I'll also just keep calling.

i went there 3 times and today on their website it in stock when for 4th today and guess what nothing lol and then a call hours later still nothing . crap. now thinking order online and pick up in store . and tried then use the coupon then 10 off . that way they email when they had it.
Posted Image

#394 cplater

cplater

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I'm really going to have to state "YMMV" on this deal. Is the computer supposed to accept the coupon? Are certain stores just not honoring their own coupons? Because the store I've gone to absolutely will not sell MK for less than $40.

I purchased my copy yesterday, and they stated they were out of magazines / coupons, but if I got one, they would adjust the price. I printed a copy, and went in first thing this morning, and they credited $10 back to me. The register / computer absolutely accepted the coupon.
Posted Image
Check out Dropbox!

#395 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

I'm really going to have to state "YMMV" on this deal. Is the computer supposed to accept the coupon? Are certain stores just not honoring their own coupons? Because the store I've gone to absolutely will not sell MK for less than $40.

Yes, the coupon stacks with no overide needed they just have to scan the coupon.

#396 stormshadow

stormshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Has anyone tried to PM CoD:Black Ops at BB for 39.99 so you can get the $30 GC?

#397 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

MK is back in stock online for PS3

#398 khloudstrife

khloudstrife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

how long does the MK deal last?

Posted Image

Add my PSN: FrigidFortune

#399 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

Has anyone tried to PM CoD:Black Ops at BB for 39.99 so you can get the $30 GC?

I PM'ed :ps3: Black Ops for $40 at BB no problem, but I didn't buy a second game to get the $30 GC.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#400 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

how long does the MK deal last?

Ends Saturday $40 sale coupon last longer

#401 khloudstrife

khloudstrife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

Ends Saturday $40 sale coupon last longer

Thank you for replying. Nearest TRU is like 10 miles away so I'm debating on PMing at BB. I will call them first to see if this deal is alright with them, should they be able to check it online? And the only way to match with the coupon is to physically bring it there and even that is YMMV right?

Posted Image

Add my PSN: FrigidFortune

#402 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:26 AM

PM Mortal Kombat at Best Buy for $40 then used the buy the game and bluray $20 off coupon from the Gamer Magazine. So I got the game and bluray for $40. Also each contained the Sub-Zero and Jade DLC code.

#403 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

Thank you for replying. Nearest TRU is like 10 miles away so I'm debating on PMing at BB. I will call them first to see if this deal is alright with them, should they be able to check it online? And the only way to match with the coupon is to physically bring it there and even that is YMMV right?

There's no legit reason for them to deny the $40 pm unless the other store is out of stock. Per policy they should deny the coupon...BUT the TRU receipt which I used to get never showed "coupon" it just said "19.99 discount $9.99 discount" so I had no problem getting the pm.

#404 Hoarr

Hoarr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

I have a friend who'd like it if I picked up Mortal Kombat for him...but I kinda want Best Buy's Sub-Zero costume for my own.

Hmm...

#405 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

I don't need a new Xbox, but I'm sure tempted by the 4GB for 199.
I can use the $50 credit to pick up a generic 250gb Hd.
I could care less about the kinect. Until they really get some MUST NEED games for it.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#406 philippnguyen

philippnguyen

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

Yay, I'm a proud new owner of my very own ps3, i think the 50 gift card and 20 psn card were great bonuses... don't have to bum off my sister's kid's ps3 lol...and i wouldn't have known about these offers if not for this site :)

#407 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

I don't need a new Xbox, but I'm sure tempted by the 4GB for 199.
I can use the $50 credit to pick up a generic 250gb Hd.
I could care less about the kinect. Until they really get some MUST NEED games for it.

Then you should definitely WAIT to see about the price cuts 1st plus what deals on accessories will be avail. The previous TRU b1g1 50% off all accessories could've got you 2 official 250 GB HD's for $195 + tax or kinect & the HD for $215.

Or you could make your own price cut by price matching the giftcard offer at BB & get the $50 deducted right off the $200 or $300 price then take the $50 to put towards a HD.

#408 BowserG

BowserG

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Got :360: MK at TRU for $30 after coupon (w/ kode for kostume in box). They had a lot of decent clearance stuff as well. Got :psp: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 for $10. :)

"How long is the night? It's never over. . ."

#409 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

I mean this in a good way, but sometimes I regret coming here. $30 for the Mortal Kombat released just a few weeks ago? Suddenly more of my money goes missing.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#410 FusionHype

FusionHype

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

I'm interested in the 360 system with kinect from Amazon but I'm a little tight on money right now. Can anyone tell me if they know when this deal expires so I can decide the day before?

CML :D
Posted Image

#411 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

Didn't think this warranted it's own thread, so I figured I might as well post it here. Went to my local best Buy and picked up the Power Gig Guitar Kit for $9.99 on clearance. Likely highly YMMV. Includes guitar and game.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#412 Imation

Imation

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

After seeing this deal I went to TRU yesterday and snagged the :360: MK 9 for $30. I didn't even have the coupon, but the cashier asked me if I did and when I said I didn't she gave me one! Very cool.

#413 mtgrungoblins

mtgrungoblins

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

snagged mk9 at tru using my gift card (from mvc3 deal a couple months back) in addition to the coupon and it was only 18 bucks.

#414 arcadegamer

arcadegamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

just got yesterday and only 30 bucks at Toyrus with the code for kitana and have no prob iam HAPPY
Posted Image

#415 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

I was able to price match Black OPs for $39.99 and World at War for $19.99 at BB. They matched TRU and gave me the $30 gift card. They keyed the price matches and the computer popped up with the gift card and the cashier selected yes and it was a done deal. Not too shabby!!! Good Luck.

#416 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:59 AM

I was able to price match Black OPs for $39.99 and World at War for $19.99 at BB. They matched TRU and gave me the $30 gift card. They keyed the price matches and the computer popped up with the gift card and the cashier selected yes and it was a done deal. Not too shabby!!! Good Luck.

Ugh, I totally forgot that World at War could be PM'ed at BB to $19.99.

I got Black Ops (PS3) for $39.99 + World at War (PS3) for $29.99. I got the $30 gift card too.

I thought I got a pretty good deal.

I had a $10 RZ cert that I had to use, but that doesn't change the fact that I just lost $10.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#417 xSn00zer83

xSn00zer83

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

Finally Portal 2 is less expensive now

#418 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Ugh, I totally forgot that World at War could be PM'ed at BB to $19.99.

I got Black Ops (PS3) for $39.99 + World at War (PS3) for $29.99. I got the $30 gift card too.

I thought I got a pretty good deal.

I had a $10 RZ cert that I had to use, but that doesn't change the fact that I just lost $10.

You can still go back and price match it as long as the sale is in effect.

#419 Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Well, it seems my PS3 has broken down (won't read PS3, but will read Blu-Ray movies, DVDs, and PS1 games)....1st my 60 GB and now my slim PS3 (two years and a half later). I suppose at least I can snag on the Toys R Us deal. Still, I can't believe I have to go through three consoles and counting this generation.

#420 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hey Cheapy, what ever happened to this current week's update?? Now we're going to be starting another week worth of ads. What gives, I say, what gives. :-s

Posted Image