Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/1/11 to 5/7/11)

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#61 Jorrel56

Jorrel56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Not that hard, man. This week it's $49.99 at TRU, and there's a $10 coupon in TRU's gamer guide free mag that knocks it down to $39.99.

However, next week it will be even cheaper - $39.99, and the $10 coupon will still be valid.

I'll be getting mine price adjusted.

Does Toys R Us even do price adjustments on opened games? I doubt they would.
Posted Image

#62 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Umm, technically you should just have to present a receipt..never PM'd or Price adjusted anything at TRU, but I have a ton a Best Buy, I stopped bringing in the merch years ago when I kept getting told there was no need to bring the product in.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#63 elmetfano

elmetfano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

anyone know how long the magazine will be available?

#64 desertraider

desertraider

Beer Drinkers Make Better Lovers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

anyone know how long the magazine will be available?

As long as the magazines are available, the coupon is good until 5/15/2011. The expiration date is listed on the coupon itself. Just hope your local TRU has mags left.

#65 LennyTheKenny

LennyTheKenny

Mr. Bombastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

I just bought it noooo!!!!!!
Posted Image

#66 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

If you could somehow PM the pre-coupon price from TRU at BB next week and then apply their $20 off coupon they have for MK in the @Gamer mag, you could get the game for $20.
But with the @Gamer coupon you need to buy the mag for $5-6 AND usually once you pricematch some other store then coupons don't work. So highly YMMV on getting a $20 copy of MK via this method.
Besides which, I believe you have to buy the original MK movie on Blu-Ray with the game to get the $20 discount.:roll:

I bought it at BB for $60 got the $10 pre-order bonus + $10 giftcard now all I have to do is buy it at TRU using the coupon then take the receipt back to BB & pm it to $40. Final result $40 + $20 credit.
Same thing with Portal 2, next week kmart has it $35 so the end result will be $35 + $20 credit
To me it's $20 for MK & $15 for Portal 2 on day 1 plus you could've used the giftcard from 1 game on the other to knock the total cost down.

I don't think TRU does price adjustments & they don't pm at all. You'll probably wind up doing a return rebuy.

#67 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Glad I helped you guys out :)

#68 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Glad I helped you guys out :)

ha, yeah you the man! I'm totally excited and cannot wait to get MK. Hope the PSN is back up b/c I'm getting the PS3 version all the way (for Kratos exclusive)

Now all you need is to get this stickied! ;)
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#69 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

I was just at Toys r us and they said just bring in the recipt and they will make the adjustment
Posted Image

#70 L0sther0

L0sther0

Pick me Pick me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

I was going to go buy this game after work for 49.99 then 10 off so total 39.99. Are we sure the game is dropping another $10 next week to $39.99 ???????
Posted Image

#71 Luminari

Luminari

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

With the price adjustments Portal 2 is going to have...is everyone just aggressively trying to stay in two months of NPD charts? (for their own reasons to care)...and I'm sure Valve is a little apologetic to PSN users

#72 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

Bestbuy won't price match the Toys R Us coupon nor will they let you double dip. I did however return and rebuy my Bestbuy Kollector's Edition I bought online with the movie and used the coupon ($20 off )

I noticed on release week some of the Mortal Kombat Blu Rays had the Jade sticker on the front of the case. I just bought one last night with the $20 coupon but couldn't find a copy of the MK Blu Ray that had the Jade sticker on the cover anymore. Did you get the Jade code inside your movie and was it labeled on the cover of the movie?

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#73 DirtyRed

DirtyRed

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

I'm going to have to jump on this deal =)

#74 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

So bummed. I've been to all 3 tru's in my area, twice this week, no magazines at any of them. Actually, 1 location had a bunch of copies of the old mag that doesn't have the mk coupon. Arrrrgh!

#75 sicvita

sicvita

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

Has anyone actually proven that this is the sale next week? googling 'toys r us weekly ad 5/1 - 5/7' produces nothing, other than this thread.

#76 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:30 PM

Oh man you're going to get people started. For me it's PS3 all the way but PSN has been down for a week and could be down for another, the online experience is better on Xbox, and Xbox has Gears 3 and I believe Forza 4 coming later in the year.

PS3 has Infamous 2 coming up in June, and Uncharted 3 coming in November. There's also Resistance, Twisted Metal and other exclusives coming. Personally I much prefer what PS3 has. Plus you get the benefit of Blu Ray.

Both could be getting price drops soon enough too so keep that in mind.

a price drop would be $50 and would not include the points or GC so this deal breaks even if not being slightly better compared to a price drop.
Posted Image

#77 Gladiator18

Gladiator18

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

Can you tell me where you can see the Best Buy insert info for next week?
Or how you know? Also is this US or Canada?

#78 Sovietmethod

Sovietmethod

For Stalin Grad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

i hate to say it but toys are us has got BB knocked this week

Steam: SSovietmethod

Stream: Twitch.tv/sovietmethod
CHECK MY LIST: http://www.cheapassg...390#post5922390
ToxicinZanity.png

#79 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

anyone think Amazon will match the PS3 deal with giftcard? How do you submit a deal to them! I just traded in my old fat ps3 and was waiting for them to match someone's gift card deal on a console. I know i missed it last week since my trade-in hadn' t been accepted yet.

#80 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

I was going to go buy this game after work for 49.99 then 10 off so total 39.99. Are we sure the game is dropping another $10 next week to $39.99 ???????

No this thread was created to trick you
Posted Image

#81 stikmanrp

stikmanrp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Great deal for the consoles, just dont know what way to go, ps3 or xbox, any recomendations?

I have and PS3 and 360 and like them both equally. They each have their strengths and disadvantages of course. Xbox live is a much more feature rich online system, but PSN is free (and as we found out last week, quite hackable ;) but bare bones.

A lot of the third party software is pretty much the same on both systems. It really just comes down to exclusives. Do you prefer God of War or Gears of War? Halo or Killzone? Forza or Gran Turismo? The list goes on. PS3 also has the LBP series, the Uncharted series, MGS4, but there are a lot of stupid mandatory installs for games.

Finally, do you prefer achievements or trophies or not give a crap?

Hope this helps.
Good things don't end in "eum", then end in "mania"...and "teria" - Homer Simpson

#82 Jumpman 23

Jumpman 23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

Hope the PSN is back up b/c I'm getting the PS3 version all the way (for Kratos exclusive)

That's why I'm getting it!!!:bouncy:

#83 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up. If I can find a magazine I'll probably pick it up. Does anyone have a photo or description of the magazine in discussion?
Posted Image

#84 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up. If I can find a magazine I'll probably pick it up. Does anyone have a photo or description of the magazine in discussion?

Either of these will have it:

Posted Image

ach.png

#85 Choffy

Choffy

@bentolmachoff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

Great deal. Going to pick it up on Sunday. Now I just need to decide if I should pick up the 360 version or PS3 version? I like the d-pad and Kratos, but online on the 360 is (usually) just better. Thoughts on which version to get?

#86 elmetfano

elmetfano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

So are those two different mag's?

#87 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

No this thread was created to trick you

Lol!

So are those two different mag's?

Same mag/content, just different covers

#88 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for the photos Chemos.
Posted Image

#89 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

Awesome! I'll have to take my receipt in to Best Buy and get an adjustment.

#90 CosmosTheMouse

CosmosTheMouse

The Ace Of Spades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

Well seeing as nobody printed a decent quality scan of the coupon.... here you go. I tried. It's OK to do this right?

Spoiler

There were LOADS of the mag with the coupon at the local Toys R Us.
From what I know they'll take a scan because the barcode is the same on all the coupons. The question is will they allow the extra $10 off a game that already being discounted. We'll see.

And if the OP could, you should move any scans to the 1st post just so they don't get lost eh?

Posted ImagePosted Image