Photo
- - - - -

Catherine Deluxe Edition + pre order bonus (Demo is out!)

• Please log in to reply
1171 replies to this topic

#481 Nitemare25

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Tried the demo and was happy with the dub, so I decided that I'll keep my pre-order. (I had a deal on it anyway. To be honest, I don't know if I'd keep it if I was paying $60.) Looking forward to the full game.

#482 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

I'm passing for now. I'm intrigued by the story and like the presentation, but I don't think it's worth $60.

There is a volume issue on the audio when going from the anime cutscenes to the generated cutscenes. I don't get why they did short anime cutscenes that lead into the generated cutscenes though...

Shit was everywhere in the PS2 Personas. Kinda jarring tbqh, although the character models are a lot better in Catherine :)

Whenever I cancel an order, it shows up shortly afterwards in my Quick Picks. Give it a try if you want a 5% discount on it that bad >.<

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#483 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

I'm one of those people who have bought far less games since demos became the norm--where I used to blind buy and wind up not liking a lot of games, now demos get me to just not buy them in the first place. I've had the regular edition of Catherine on the PS3 pre-ordered since March, and for the first time in over a year the demo didn't turn me off of it; I thought it was pretty fun, and am looking forward to the rest of the game.

#484 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'm one of those people who have bought far less games since demos became the norm--where I used to blind buy and wind up not liking a lot of games, now demos get me to just not buy them in the first place. I've had the regular edition of Catherine on the PS3 pre-ordered since March, and for the first time in over a year the demo didn't turn me off of it; I thought it was pretty fun, and am looking forward to the rest of the game.

Nothing against your style, but I found demos to be in some cases very misleading. I remember playing inFAMOUS's demo and really enjoying it. However when I got to that part in the game I had less powers than I did in the demo. The same happened with Lost Planet 2 where I tried the online and it was AWFUL. Of course they used a horrible map to showcase. Ironically enough the game I canceled preorder on over a demo happened to be my favorite game this generation. I am not saying thats not a wise thing to do, but demos don't always put their best foot forward.

#485 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Ironically enough the game I canceled preorder on over a demo happened to be my favorite game this generation.

What was it? Just curious.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#486 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

What was it? Just curious.

Lost Planet 2. I thought it was implied since it was mentioned right before and had "ironically" lol. Guess I was mistaken though. =P

#487 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Lost Planet 2. I thought it was implied since it was mentioned right before and had "ironically" lol. Guess I was mistaken though. =P

D'oh! Yeah, rereading that I guess it was pretty obvious. I guess I thought those were two separate examples.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#488 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. respect him

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#489 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. respect him

Sarcastic or not its going in my sig space.

#490 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

no sarcasm at all bud. that's some dedication there and i think you are awesome :)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#491 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

I tried the demo and the story was interesting but the gameplay was kind of dull. I can't see myself doing the same box moving puzzles for how ever many hours the game is. I love persona and want to support the game but I'm on the fence.

#492 guardkitty

guardkitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

If you preorder at GS, you get the CD and artbook when you pick up the game?

#493 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

where can i find the demo?
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#494 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

If you preorder at GS, you get the CD and artbook when you pick up the game?

You should.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#495 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

How do you guys feel about the exclusivity or limited nature of the collector's edition?

With the recent climate of over produced CEs and subsequent, relevant fast drops...do you think it's worth buying at release?

I'm thinking about canceling and just waiting for a drop.
I think it is just as hyped and marketed as a game like Infamous 2 or Duke Nukem and look what happened there.

#496 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

I don't think the CE will last.

#497 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

Man that demo was impressive but I feel like I'm far more interested in the story than I am actually playing the game. I found the "game" part to really get in the way. Really tempted to get this since these niche games don't seem to drop in price too often. Still waiting on a good deal for Hyperdimension Neptunia...

#498 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

I enjoyed the demo, and like most people I found the story the main draw point. The puzzle gameplay is kind of fun and difficult, but it feels like it would get extremely tedious after hours and hours of playing. I am very intrigued by the story however. I'll probably wait for a price drop and pick this game up.

#499 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:34 AM

I think the CE will sell out, maybe after a price drop, but I don't suspect the regular game will ever be super rare or hard to find like neptunia. Despite going in knowing this won't be the next demon's souls, it has a lot of bigger names behind it than something like neptunia and I doubt we'll see the price actually go up.

#500 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

How do you guys feel about the exclusivity or limited nature of the collector's edition?

With the recent climate of over produced CEs and subsequent, relevant fast drops...do you think it's worth buying at release?

I'm thinking about canceling and just waiting for a drop.
I think it is just as hyped and marketed as a game like Infamous 2 or Duke Nukem and look what happened there.

WOW... where to start. Well I dont think Catherine is getting that much hype as games like this had the Japanese release to interest is and then the US release for the rest. This is mostly fan/user hype where as inFAMOUS 2 had commercials/DNF was a legendary game releasing.

Out of the two according to some the inFAMOUS 2 price drop came from Bestbuy having problems moving stock and Amazon/Gamestop making a deal with a distributor. All things considered that was a smaller run of CE's than we have seen from Sony's part. DNF was also 100,000+ throughout the world and is simply dropping because sales are bad. It doesn't help that no one seems to have anything good to say about it.

Atlus had a long standing record of releasing short run titles and some of them went up in value. (think Disgaea) I dont think the Catherine CE will go up in value, but I do think it will sell out before we see clearance. I dont think Atlus or anyone is expecting to move a ton of these and similar to Demon Souls it will quickly go OoP

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#501 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

Reviews are pretty good! GI gave it an 8, some PS magazine gave it a 7, and IGN gave it a 9. Okay looks like the Deluxe edition might be a worthwhile investment after all.

#502 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

inFamous 2 didn't sell particularly "well" either given how much promoting Sony did for it.

Atlus has released some rarer stuff, but recently they did Divinity 2 which... I don't even know. They publish random ass titles which I honestly don't think their niche really care about.

About the limited quantities: No one knows. Aram could be lying to your face and you still wouldn't know until they've shipped.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#503 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

Been waiting for this ever since the Japanese demo came out! July 26th can't get here soon enough. (and it's my birthday :D)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#504 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

Been waiting for this ever since the Japanese demo came out! July 26th can't get here soon enough. (and it's my birthday :D)

Hey, me too! (to all of it)

#505 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:52 AM

As strange as it sounds to say "man I totally want to play a game with a guy that's cheating on his girlfriend and can't commit", I really really do. You put some unique twists or ideas in your game and I'm there. What's funny is how this is like every single soap opera or any movie with relationships but is basically completely new for games.

#506 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

As strange as it sounds to say "man I totally want to play a game with a guy that's cheating on his girlfriend and can't commit", I really really do. You put some unique twists or ideas in your game and I'm there. What's funny is how this is like every single soap opera or any movie with relationships but is basically completely new for games.

The story seems better suited for the Wii audience... rather than gamers.:-P

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#507 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

I tried the demo. I can already tell it would be VERY hard for me to be the "bad guy" in this situation. I can be space renegade in Mass Effect or the evil dark reaper in Oblivion, etc. but when it comes to some stuff like Catherine, I dunno if I could be a douche like that...

I will definitely be playing it on easy. I'm pre-ordered at Lamestop.
Posted Image

#508 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

Always very tough for me decisions. You say you can be the renegade in mass effect but even in a game like that or infamous I play nice. There are a lot of endings, like 16, but I don't know how different they are or what % of the ending constitutes as a part you can change(like 50/50 static and dynamic or whatever). I'm wondering if I should just pick a girl that I head vincent towards because if I make the decisions as they come I could be a lot more wishy-washy and too moderate.

There's stuff between the girls but also questions you answer like in the nightmares, and I have no idea what they contribute to anything. I'm really interested to find out but I'll be going into the game mainly in the dark other than like basic knowledge from trailers and playing the japanese demo.

#509 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

I am going to play it just like I would in real life.

So by my calculations, I will not get either of the girls. ;)

#510 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:05 AM

I am going to play it just like I would in real life.

So by my calculations, I will not get either of the girls. ;)

Lol, the sad truth hits. Well hey, atleast you have the attention of both of them at first, for me that's mostly a change. See I'm not worried about turning into a sheep or dieing in my sheep though, so maybe vincent doesn't have everything on me.