Photo
- - - - -

Catherine Deluxe Edition + pre order bonus (Demo is out!)

• Please log in to reply
1171 replies to this topic

#31 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Yes. This is awesome.

#32 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Game actually looks really unique and interesting. Not sure I'm willing to pay full retail for it, though.

#33 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

People would really pay extra $20 for a large t-shirt, a boxer, a pillow case and a "pizza box"?
I just think that pre-order bonus is worth way more than those Delux Edition contents.

People will since it's said there will only be enough for pre-orders. Chances are it will be pretty limited...and some people will probably buy a good amount and try to turn a buck on ebay or something. Not big on what's included, but I'll take it.

#34 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

I'm really not looking forward to this game, I think it kinda looks like crap and wished the developers would've spent their time making a game like Persona 5, but I may actually buy the Deluxe Edition because I get the feeling it's gonna be extremely rare one day.

#35 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

The Deluxe version is definitely what I'm looking at, but to decide between the PSN or XBL version...

Online functionality is probably important for this game and PSN is a piece of shit. I'll probably go 360 unless more details crop up.

#36 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Ordered the deluxe version. Thanks OP.
----
Posted Image

#37 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

how did this game do in japan? it looks like a puzzle game to me.

#38 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

It did really well and even did better than MvC3 the week it came out (I believe they were released the same day over there?). I played the demo and it was interesting to say the least. Still debating to get the game though. As for the "Love is Over" edition, it will be worth a lot if it really is limited to pre-orders.

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311

#39 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

what does this game play like? Not a RPG is it?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#40 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

People would really pay extra $20 for a large t-shirt, a boxer, a pillow case and a "pizza box"?
I just think that pre-order bonus is worth way more than those Delux Edition contents.

Why not? People pay far more for useless DLC. It's a shirt, boxers, pillow case and box. That's $20 in value if you are a fan of the game.

#41 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

I remember Atlus released a limited Personal 4 Social Link Expansion Pack through Amazon, which are just some memorabilia such as a T-shirt, calendar, a B-side soundtrack and a Teddie plush for $30. People paid through their nose to get it after it sold out.

I wonder if this would happen again to the Deluxe edition :)

In any case, I'm gonna switch my order to the Deluxe.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#42 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

thinking bout getting the deluxe edition, boxers are pretty cool reminds me o f the maximo boxers a friend got

#43 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

what does this game play like? Not a RPG is it?

It's a story based puzzle game. Go look up some of the gameplay on youtube or gametrailers.

#44 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hmm..buying both Xbox and PS3 editions of this...I want both Catherine and Katherine boxart [face_drooling]
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#45 Heavenlywind

Heavenlywind

☆さくらちゃん☆

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

Thank you for the link. I'm in for a deluxe version, I don't really care for the boxers though. Everything else looks good (:

#46 titanium

titanium

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

If it's any indication of the sale Amazon.com will get, Amazon.ca sold out of the PS3 deluxe version. Was able to snag one. Plus, oddly enough, the 360 and ps3 deluxe are cheaper on .CA.. Even tho the CND dollar is higher then the US, it's rarely reflected on purchases.

Now should I order the 360 one as well...

#47 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

This seems like silly swag for the deluxe edition, regardless of price. Underwear, a pillowcase, and a pizza box? Clearly if you need a clean pair of undies, I'd say go for it... I'm okay with the t-shirt, and wouldn't mind more deluxe/collector's editions that include a nice t-shirt.

Also, if you're interested in the alternate cover art, you can search in Amazon for "Catherine - Alternate Boxart." Looks like you get the same art/CD offer for preordering. I plan on picking those up later. Or will the original cover art disappear quicker and require me to take action now?

#48 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

Normally....i'd pass on something like the Deluxe Edition. But it looks so awesome @_@, and my friend is raving over the Japanese version.

Guess im in for one, great way to use my 20$ Amazon credit
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I tried pre-ordering the regular edition over at Amazon, but they don't have the release date delivery option (which is usually .99 cents). Do you think it'll have that shipping option anytime soon? I really want JUST the soundtrack and artbook because those shirt/boxer sizes are too big for me... and umm ridiculous.

#50 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Why not? People pay far more for useless DLC. It's a shirt, boxers, pillow case and box. That's $20 in value if you are a fan of the game.

No doubt. I still fondly remember when the mistake for ME2 happened and you could get like all of the dlc for free. I sold my amazon pre-order bonus thing and my collector's edition dlc, which again I got for free anyway thanks MS, for like $50 between the two, then minus paypal and ebay fees.

#51 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

Sometimes they dont put Release Date shipping on stuff like this. (They didnt do it on Mortal Kombat TE either).

I just ended up contacting customer service, and they took off the 1 day shipping charge since im a Prime member
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

i was waiting for some kind of bonus...then atlus comes with this nice collector's edition. thank you atlus :)

#53 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

OK, I've convinced myself I need this. But- Standard, Alternate box art, Love is Over, two consoles.... too many choices.

#54 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Upgraded my original order to the deluxe version.

#55 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Pizza box? Yeah, um . . . no. I have no desire to store a pizza box.

Not everyone who wears large is fat... some of us actually work out.

And some of us are just six feet tall and of northern European build (i.e. broad-shouldered). I don't think anyone would call me fat, but whether I need a large or an extra-large t-shirt varies by what company made it (i.e., a Hanes large is fine, but an American Apparel large is uncomfortable). But then, I also don't like my t-shirts to fit skin-tight either.

Anyway, damn, now I'm torn . . . I was going to use some trade-in credit that I have at a local game store to get this. I would like the soundtrack and the art book, though, and I highly doubt they're a "participating retailer". Gotta decide if I want those badly enough to drop $60 in cash instead . . .

Has there been any word yet on whether there are any significant quality differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, or whether one version is preferable to the other for any reason? Gotta decide which platform I'm ordering it for.

#56 saetia

saetia

Skyrim 11/11/11

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

If the game wasn't a beefed up version of Q-bert, being the Atlus whore I am, I'd be all over this.
NieR = my GotY.

#57 jello44

jello44

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'll stick to the regular edition. The artbook and soundtrack are enough for me.

72768.png

#58 Reimu

Reimu

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hmm, wondering if I should get the deluxe and sell everything but the pillowcase.

How would you ship a pizza box, anyway?

The 360 alternate cover looks much better, IMO. Wonder if I could get that version with the deluxe?

#59 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

Best Deluxe Edition ever! Pre-ordered the PS3 version as soon as I got the email.

#60 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Pizza box? Yeah, um . . . no. I have no desire to store a pizza box.

And some of us are just six feet tall and of northern European build (i.e. broad-shouldered). I don't think anyone would call me fat, but whether I need a large or an extra-large t-shirt varies by what company made it (i.e., a Hanes large is fine, but an American Apparel large is uncomfortable). But then, I also don't like my t-shirts to fit skin-tight either.

Anyway, damn, now I'm torn . . . I was going to use some trade-in credit that I have at a local game store to get this. I would like the soundtrack and the art book, though, and I highly doubt they're a "participating retailer". Gotta decide if I want those badly enough to drop $60 in cash instead . . .

Has there been any word yet on whether there are any significant quality differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, or whether one version is preferable to the other for any reason? Gotta decide which platform I'm ordering it for.

Some japanese site looked at the demos. The 360 may play a bit smoother, framerate wise, at times but the ps3 has better looking videos. The animated scenes have compression and artifacting on the 360, not awful, but noticeable in the few screenshots I saw. I picked ps3 for the cover art + scenes, though it is unfortunate they aren't more similar(or a definite winner in all cases if you own both consoles)