Amazon Gold Box DotD Toy Story Trilogy (10-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $44

I really hope Toy Story doesn't win this one. Come on, with the DMR coupons, those movies were about $12 a piece. I seriously doubt Amazon is going to give a better price than that for the set.

I voted for Star Trek because I missed out getting them last Black Friday.

Bah! Already have Toy Story and that's the only one of the three that's remotely appealing.

I would have liked to have seen the Lost blu box up here :whistle2:(

[quote name='junglalien']Why would you vote for Star Trek when you can already get it for a big discount from 3rd party sellers?[/QUOTE]Mainly because third-party sellers range in levels of competence and honesty.

I wish it was the TNG movies that were up for the option, as I already have the TOS movies. I'll probably put in a vote for Toy Story so the people that didn't get TS1 + TS2 + TS3 with the coupon fun can get The Toy Box on the cheaper.

[quote name='junglalien']Why would you vote for Star Trek when you can already get it for a big discount from 3rd party sellers?[/QUOTE]
Right now, Amazon actually has about the lowest price for new copies.

Also, I'm not sure what kind of "competency" you need to ship an item. If it's new, it's shrinkwrapped. Buying from Amazon also has the risks of getting something that has significant shelfwear.

I thought there was a thread about this a couple weeks ago and I was curious why Amazon was doing a voting for something 2 months away. I remember cause people were voting for the National Parks set. Anyway, I voted Star Trek.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I thought there was a thread about this a couple weeks ago and I was curious why Amazon was doing a voting for something 2 months away. I remember cause people were voting for the National Parks set. Anyway, I voted Star Trek.[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah there was! I was like what is going on here..thought it was a second 'vote for the DOTW' and was like what the hell was the outcome of the first? :lol:

[quote name='Stele']
Right now, Amazon actually has about the lowest price for new copies.

Also, I'm not sure what kind of "competency" you need to ship an item. If it's new, it's shrinkwrapped. Buying from Amazon also has the risks of getting something that has significant shelfwear.[/QUOTE]

You must be looking at the DVDs....

Amazon = $88.49
Mega-Movie-Deals = $58.00 + $2.98 shipping = $60.98

Savings = $27.51

I doubt Amazon will beat that because the MSRP is $139.99. It won't be the first time DOTD was more expensive than 3rd party sellers.

Voting for Star Trek = FAIL

although i already own toy story 1 and 2 im still voting for it, don't care for startrek and for the right price i would bite on the 10 disc toy story set.

[quote name='jwizzle5786']I would love for Mad Men to be on sale for a reasonable price. Come on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed Seasons 1,2, & 3 back during Thanksgiving weekend for $10 each. It was an amazing deal, hopefully they'll match it and include Season 4 as well.

[quote name='sobjw']I grabbed Seasons 1,2, & 3 back during Thanksgiving weekend for $10 each. It was an amazing deal, hopefully they'll match it and include Season 4 as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was an awesome deal. I still haven't even started the series yet but they haven't been close to that price again and its supposed to be a really good series. I wouldn't mind seeing some other series that I haven't seen like Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad at a similar price.

FYI Amazon said that it will feature both Star Trek and Toy story as the deal of the day tomorrow.

oh and I love you avatar sonicthehedgehog1337.

[quote name='sobjw']I grabbed Seasons 1,2, & 3 back during Thanksgiving weekend for $10 each. It was an amazing deal, hopefully they'll match it and include Season 4 as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lionheart4life']Yeah that was an awesome deal. I still haven't even started the series yet but they haven't been close to that price again and its supposed to be a really good series. I wouldn't mind seeing some other series that I haven't seen like Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad at a similar price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I got season 1, but not two and three, just in case I did not like the show (how could I not like the best show on television?). Silly me. I really regret that.

Monday, June 13

6am - 8am PST
• Logitech Harmony 900 Refurbished Remote with Color TouchScreen

8am - 11am PST
• Sennheiser EH 350 Professional Open-Aire dynamic HiFi Stereo Headphones

11am - 2pm PST
Rambo Complete Set[Blu-ray]

2pm - 6pm PST
• Nascar The Game 2011 for PS3 or Xbox 360

6pm - 10pm PST
??????? Tomb Raider Trilogy [Blu-ray] ???????

Tuesday, June 14

6am - 9am PST
Lost: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]

9am - 11am PST
• RCA Flat Digital Amplified Indoor TV Antenna

11am - 1pm PST
National Geographic: Inside the Milky Way [Blu-ray]

1pm - 3pm PST
• Fight Night Champion for PS3

3pm - 7pm PST
• Ear Force PX21 Gaming Headset for Playstation 3

7pm - 10pm PST
Journey to the Edge of the Universe [Blu-ray]

Wednesday, June 15

6am - 9am PST
Name Brand 3D Blu-ray Player

9am - 12pm PST
• Video Game Console

12pm - 3pm PST]
Apocalypse Now (3-Disc Full Disclosure Edition) [Blu-ray]

3pm - 6pm PST
• Video Game Accessory

6pm - 10pm PST
America: The Story of Us [Blu-ray]

Thursday, June 16th

Deal of the DayStar Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection [Blu-ray]

Last edited by a moderator:

Thursday, June 16th

Deal of the DayStar Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection [Blu-ray]

6am - 9am PST
• Video Game

9am - 12p, PST
• Cheetah Mounts Plasma LCD Flat Screen TV Articulating Full Motion Dual Arm Wall Mount Bracket for 32 to 55-Inch Displays Up To 165Lbs (Black)

12pm - 2pm PST
• Phiaton PS 20 NC Active Noise Cancelling Earphones

2pm - 6pm PST
Fiddler on the Roof (Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

6pm - 10pm PST
• Video Game Accesory

Friday, June 17

6am - 9am PST
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are Not Alone [Blu-ray]

9am - 12pm PST
Evangelion: 2.22 You Can [Not] Advance [Blu-ray]

12pm - 3pm PST
Goemon [Blu-ray]

3pm - 6pm PST
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Four [Blu-ray]

6pm - 10pm PST
• Video Game Accessory

Saturday, June 18

Deal of the DayToy Story Trilogy (10-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)

I'm curious to see what the prices on the two Evangelion sets will be on Friday, since 1.11 has been close to $10 and 2.22 has been sub-$20.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Apocalypse Now: Full Disclosure edition for... $30
Just $6.50 off their regular price? Ain't no black friday deal, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for $20 :/

[quote name='jwizzle5786']Yeah. I got season 1, but not two and three, just in case I did not like the show (how could I not like the best show on television?). Silly me. I really regret that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it will be high def, but mad men will be on netflix streaming at the end of July

If the Star Trek set is $60 or lower it might be worth picking up and upgrading my DVDs. But the cheap ass in me wants $50 or less. I was seriously spoiled by that James Bond 10-movie collection for $50 a few Black Friday's ago.

[quote name='Squarehard']$54.99[/QUOTE]

And I can't decide if I should just get it. I love the JJ Abrams Star Trek, but I've never seen any other Star Trek films or tv episodes. Advice? I have $150 amazon credit and love sci fi film.

I just never got into Star Trek I guess because I've been so busy being obsessed with Star Wars my entire life. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the game deal for Thursday morning will be some form of Batman Arkham Asylum. Anyone care to guess the price range for Toy Story on Saturday?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']And I can't decide if I should just get it. I love the JJ Abrams Star Trek, but I've never seen any other Star Trek films or tv episodes. Advice? I have $150 amazon credit and love sci fi film.

I just never got into Star Trek I guess because I've been so busy being obsessed with Star Wars my entire life. :)[/QUOTE]

That's kind of surprising that you loved the new Star Trek having no prior knowledge of any of the characters. I loved it mainly because I knew the characters from the previous films. That being said, I don't think the Star Trek movies are worth a blind buy in my opinion. The first one is long, drawn out and kind of boring and the fifth one is notoriously bad. I like the rest of them just fine but there's some people that believe that only the even numbered Trek movies are any good.

If there price were a bit lower I'd say go for it but $54.99 as a blind buy for six movies you might wind up hating is a bit of a gamble for me.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']And I can't decide if I should just get it. I love the JJ Abrams Star Trek, but I've never seen any other Star Trek films or tv episodes. Advice? I have $150 amazon credit and love sci fi film.

I just never got into Star Trek I guess because I've been so busy being obsessed with Star Wars my entire life. :)[/QUOTE]Star Trek II-IV is a great trilogy for any fan of sci-fi IMO. The first movie is very different, more like a plodding cerebral '70s-style sci-fi flick. Well-made but definitely not for everyone. 5 is bad. 6 is really great and almost more like a political thriller.

Pretty sure I'll jump on this; I sold my 10-movie DVD box set a while ago in anticipation of getting the blus. Apparently these only have theatrical versions though? That's kinda disappointing. I hate not owning these movies though, so I think I'm buying regardless.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Star Trek II-IV is a great trilogy for any fan of sci-fi IMO. The first movie is very different, more like a plodding cerebral '70s-style sci-fi flick. Well-made but definitely not for everyone. 5 is bad. 6 is really great and almost more like a political thriller.

Pretty sure I'll jump on this; I sold my 10-movie DVD box set a while ago in anticipation of getting the blus. Apparently these only have theatrical versions though? That's kinda disappointing. I hate not owning these movies though, so I think I'm buying regardless.[/QUOTE]ST 1 is 2001 meets Star Trek, from one way to look at it. It's certainly different than the other ones in the bunch.

ST II - IV and ST VI are worth-haves. ST II is the best looking of the bunch and of course, the best movie of the bunch. ST I is the second best-looking, and it goes down from there.

They're worth the upgrade, and this is a reasonable price, though I don't think this is as cheap as they've gotten. I'm just waiting out a good deal on the TNG movies.

Review for the curious:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Trek-Original-Motion-Picture-Collection-Blu-ray/4190/#Review

[quote name='shrike4242']ST 1 is 2001 meets Star Trek, from one way to look at it. It's certainly different than the other ones in the bunch.[/QUOTE]Yeah that's actually a really good way of putting it. The tone is very distinct from anything else in Star Trek.

Anyway, I bit. Since I got WAY more than I expected for my old DVD set (something like $90 on the Amazon marketplace... I had no idea the thing was out of print) I just couldn't justify passing this one up. Hoping for a deal on TNG movies and the TOS seasons soon.

bread's done
Back