Dark Void - 1-day sale @ OnLive (today)

[quote name='cheapkid']the title should say it all.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say the most important thing; the price.

I'd bite if it weren't OnLive.

you can pick this up for $5 anywhere..really surprised onlive isn't charging $1 or two.

and damn, 3 posts already, but inb4 "this is one of the worst ?*^%$^# games ever!" I thought it wasn't too bad, rather unique. but who am I kidding, I never put more than 30 mins into it and haven't gone back..

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']The title does NOT say it all? How about the price? How about which system it's for? Is there a shipping charge? [/QUOTE]

Well, it's onlive so it really only needs to say the price.

I've been playing it on the 360. I paid $7 or $8 and have had a lot of fun. It's about a 10 hour game, which was just what I was looking for.

The team working on this game mostly quit halfway through development (so says a friend close to someone on the dev team). That's why the game sucked so bad they claim. Having to replace a majority of the team caused a lot to get cut or not quite as fleshed out as they would've liked.

Having said that, I probably will get this on 360 once it is $5 (tho I would probably get it from Goozex, not a place where I had to actually pay for it). I would pay no more than free for a PC/Onlive version.

[quote name='MacbethVII']Is the game any good? I remember it getting pretty crummy reviews when it came out.[/QUOTE]

Just played through it a month ago, I'd say it's a solid 60-70% game, playable, but not super awesome, lotsa tedious bits that could have been better (air combat), the story jumped the shark later in the game and had continuity errors (the time line jumps around a lot)

The good, Nolan North, Bear McCreary's awesome score, the weapons (most of 'em anyway) and level up system, flying.

So it has it's good points and bad, if you're going in to have fun with a game that isn't like anything else out there you should have fun, just don't go in expecting a AAA caliber title is all.

bread's done
Back