Photo
- - - - -

Ebay removed my Sub_Zero DLC code because of copyright.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#31 Allwhowander

Allwhowander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

I did the same last night. I sent it by e-bay message and he got back to me saying the code was good and all and left good feedback :)

This is my first time selling on e-bay though, can anyone help me with 3 questions?

1) The fees are always deducted from the money you make only if you sell right? Will they still charge fees if your item doesn't sell?

2) How long until the buyer can no longer file a dispute? Is it until the return period I chose is over? I mean of course if he recieves something broken sure then complain but I mean like if I choose a 7 day return period and 2 weeks later I get a complaint, can they file a dispute?

3) Do I always have to use the e-bay shipping label? How much $ do they charge for that? Or can I just take care of it myself at the post office?

I was just curious about those 3 things. Thanks for anyone that helps!

1. Sadly yes, you still get charged. You'll still have to pay the insertion fee and any other fees for extras you put on the auction (buy-it-now, extra pics, etc.). But most of the time these are pretty small. I usually rack up no more than 15 or 20 cents per listing. The big fees come when you actually sell an item. On most normal auction listings (video games included) eBay will take 9% of the final sell price (not including shipping) up to a maximum of $50. The real gotcha moment is that eBay owns PayPal, so when PayPal takes their transaction fee, it's really eBay hitting you twice

2. From what I can find, a buyer has 45 days from the day they paid to open a dispute. I can't specifically find anything about a situation where a return time frame was listed and whether that had any bearing, though if you've been around these forums for any length of time, you'll quickly come to realize that eBay tends to side with the buyer most of the time.

3. No, you may take a package to the post office yourself. However, I've compared the pricing when doing labels through eBay, PayPal and the post office website, and they're always the same. In fact, the it's the post office that charges extra for doing it in person. I'd stick with doing it through eBay or PayPal. Tracking info is always automatically recorded and you'll have an indisputable record that you did ship the item (or at least paid to ship it.)

I hope that helps.

#32 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

my AUCTION for a Gears of war 3 Beta was ReMoved . they have alot of Acutions for Gears of War 3 Beta why did ReMoved MY AUCTION

#33 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

The cheapest way to get confirmation for a letter is by using certified mail, which cost me $3.29 when I shipped my Reptile code.

You could also just put the code in a bubble mailer and crumple up a piece of paper to get the 3/4" minimum to use delivery confirmation. It should be around half the price of certified mail.

#34 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

You could also just put the code in a bubble mailer and crumple up a piece of paper to get the 3/4" minimum to use delivery confirmation. It should be around half the price of certified mail.

Where do you get bubble mailers so cheap?
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#35 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

^ Royalmailers.com has cheap bubble mailers. Code FIVE (usually) works to give 5% off.

#36 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Where do you get bubble mailers so cheap?

Ebay or Amazon. I got 200 or so 3x5 bubble mailers (the tiny ones, like size 000) for about $20 shipped. Buy in bulk, it saves a lot of money.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#37 io

io

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

I've had this happen to me three times recently. My account was suspended, but all I had to do was take an online quiz about copyright and ebay's policies. Each time I was hit for basically stating that I would e-mail the code. I've since started adding $2 for shipping, but stating that e-mail is available upon request. I thought it would hurt prices, but so far hasn't.

You can't even mention that email is an option. I had one pulled that had that line in it. You need to send an actual card - if the buyer asks for it via email after buying then that is fine.

But as far as I know you can sell DLC just fine - but it needs to be a card and not email... The guidelines that someone posted don't seem to address DLC codes for games per se - they talk about in-game items (thinking more along the lines of WoW accounts/gold/etc).

Why they throw that "copyright" bullshit at you when it is for emailing a code I don't know. I got the same warning on something a few weeks ago. I think it was a DLC code from the AC Brotherhood CE. I just relisted it without the email option and it has been fine since then. Emailing the code vs sending the actual card has nothing to do with "copyright" as far as I can tell. I guess they just use the boilerplate message that they thing applies the most :roll:. They did add a specific line about the email option in my warning though. That part made sense - the rest was nonsense.

#38 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

^ Royalmailers.com has cheap bubble mailers. Code FIVE (usually) works to give 5% off.

Yeah that's where I buy them from, I pay around 14 cents for the 0 size

#39 poopants

poopants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

I've had a few of my auctions removed. I find that if i use a buy it now and around the price they go for then it usually sells quickly. I know ebay charges more fees for buy it now, but it makes it easier with and less hassle.

#40 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

I've had a few of my auctions removed. I find that if i use a buy it now and around the price they go for then it usually sells quickly. I know ebay charges more fees for buy it now, but it makes it easier with and less hassle.

its only .50 when I was offloading codes they would sell for $20.00

whats .50 compared to 20 lol

#41 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

1. Sadly yes, you still get charged. You'll still have to pay the insertion fee and any other fees for extras you put on the auction (buy-it-now, extra pics, etc.). But most of the time these are pretty small. I usually rack up no more than 15 or 20 cents per listing. The big fees come when you actually sell an item. On most normal auction listings (video games included) eBay will take 9% of the final sell price (not including shipping) up to a maximum of $50. The real gotcha moment is that eBay owns PayPal, so when PayPal takes their transaction fee, it's really eBay hitting you twice

2. From what I can find, a buyer has 45 days from the day they paid to open a dispute. I can't specifically find anything about a situation where a return time frame was listed and whether that had any bearing, though if you've been around these forums for any length of time, you'll quickly come to realize that eBay tends to side with the buyer most of the time.

3. No, you may take a package to the post office yourself. However, I've compared the pricing when doing labels through eBay, PayPal and the post office website, and they're always the same. In fact, the it's the post office that charges extra for doing it in person. I'd stick with doing it through eBay or PayPal. Tracking info is always automatically recorded and you'll have an indisputable record that you did ship the item (or at least paid to ship it.)

I hope that helps.

Thank you very much! It was a great help :bouncy::applause:

#42 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

I just had a Gears of War 3 Savage Kantus skin auction pulled yesterday, so they're still pulling auctions for codes. I had no idea it was against policy; I had seen dozens of other ones both sold and still available, so I just figured it was okay.

This was my first time trying to sell something on eBay, too. Maybe the next time will go smoother.

#43 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

i got pulled a few times also. i tried to put up a 1 month xbox live subcription.

#44 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

EBay and PayPal needs. To really go ago why do great company's dead out but $hit a$$ don't

#45 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

EBay and PayPal needs. To really go ago why do great company's dead out but $hit a$$ don't

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

#46 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

I want to have a beer with you.

#47 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

I want to have a beer with you.

Are you sure that would be wise?

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#48 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

I believe he means "Ebay and paypal need to clean up their act or go out of business. Why is it that good, smaller companies go under while large, deceptive corporations flourish?"

Posted Image

#49 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

All you have to do to sell codes on eBay is add the word "card" after code in the listing title. Then make sure you never mention email as the delivery method. When the item sells, ask the buyer if they'd just like you to email them he code instead of physically mailing it - if not, just send either the phyical code card or a print out of the code.

#50 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

I believe he means "Ebay and paypal need to clean up their act or go out of business. Why is it that good, smaller companies go under while large, deceptive corporations flourish?"

Needs more $hit a$$ :rofl:

#51 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

I've sold a few MK codes already on eBay without issue, in fact, one just sold last night. But I am listing mine as the code/card and will physically mail it. I do offer an email option to those with recent positive feedback, though.

My guess would be a competitor reported your listing and said the pic you used was theirs.

An old post I know, but this actually did happen with me once. I was selling a promo copy of Boardwalk Empire and noticed someone was using my exact picture, it was one I took with my phone and you could tell because I put it on my bed. I told them someone was using my picture, they didn't do anything about it. The auction ended. Lo and behold someone put another one up with my picture and I sent a stern email, they did something then and apologized.

Knock on wood, but I've sold dozens of DLC codes. They haven't done anything to me yet, I sold my Reptile code for 60 actually.