Super Street Fighter IV (360) $19.99 w/ Amazon Prime

Good deal. I'm holding out for the Arcade edition and a B1G1 TE fight stick deal. Though I'll probably have to wait a long ass time for the fight stick deal.

Must ... resist... TE.... fight ... stick....

Dont see how everyone loves the TE. I dont much care for the mad catz button layout. The hori sticks feel better with the button placement.

[quote name='aots16']Dont see how everyone loves the TE. I dont much care for the mad catz button layout. The hori sticks feel better with the button placement.[/QUOTE]

based on other user postings, they vouch for the TE sticks. and they've used the SE ones before to truly compare so i'll take their word for it.

arcade edition is coming out in about 2 months and will probably retail for $39.99;

but you could also get this.. and buy the arcade edition dlc for $15 on psn/xbox live.

[quote name='frpilot']arcade edition is coming out in about 2 months and will probably retail for $39.99;

but you could also get this.. and buy the arcade edition dlc for $15 on psn/xbox live.[/QUOTE]

it has been confirmed for $39.99 which comes with all the costumes, if ya got a 360 grab it for 360 because the connection is smoother! I can confirm this myself because I'm a SF nut, I own both vers of super SF 4,and fight sticks for both platforms.

61w%2BWc%2BaUuL._AA300_.jpg

[quote name='Flesseck']Well, you can't play it anyway on PSN. :)[/QUOTE]

There is also times where the match will disconnect on PSN between and during fights. Anyway if you don't care for AE disc ver. It's gonna be $15 for AE (download)

Whew, just sold my SSFIV 360 copy for $18 just a few days ago on the marketplace. :p

I'll pick up the Arcade Edition when it drops down to $30 after the first month or two. I'd just rather have a disc with the content rather than have the content trapped on my hard drive.

[quote name='Kitoro']Whew, just sold my SSFIV 360 copy for $18 just a few days ago on the marketplace. :p

I'll pick up the Arcade Edition when it drops down to $30 after the first month or two. I'd just rather have a disc with the content rather than have the content trapped on my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

If you do that then you'll only be able to play with the people who bought the AE disc or purchased the AE DLC. Those who have Super and the AE DLC will be able to switch between the two, meaning they will be able to play Super players who didn't upgrade and people who bought AE.

[quote name='CaoPi']it has been confirmed for $39.99 which comes with all the costumes, if ya got a 360 grab it for 360 because the connection is smoother! I can confirm this myself because I'm a SF nut, I own both vers of super SF 4,and fight sticks for both platforms.

[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me!? i bought all 3 complete costume packs (sf4 and both the ssf4 dlc). now they are including it for free? :wall:

oh wells, i'll probably keep both of my ssf4 versions and get ssf4 arcade edition on disc for xbox anyways.

[quote name='frpilot']are you kidding me!? i bought all 3 complete costume packs (sf4 and both the ssf4 dlc). now they are including it for free? :wall:

oh wells, i'll probably keep both of my ssf4 versions and get ssf4 arcade edition on disc for xbox anyways.[/QUOTE]

AE does NOT come with costumes for free. All of the costumes are included on the disc but you still have to purchase them via XBL Marketplace/PSN/GFWL Marketplace.

[quote name='noobeffect']AE does NOT come with costumes for free. All of the costumes are included on the disc but you still have to purchase them via XBL Marketplace/PSN/GFWL Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

oh ok.. at least i didn't get screwed that much by capcom.

although that whole "dlc already on disc but you have to unlock it by buying it as dlc" is a whole other debate which i don't care for.

I bit. I've been really wanting to play this for some time. I'll just grab the DLC disk on sale at some point.

Another point worth mentioning is that the stand alone A.E. disc releases on June 28th while the DLC update goes live on June 7th so you get to start playing A.E. a good 3 weeks in advance by taking this route.

[quote name='frpilot']are you kidding me!? i bought all 3 complete costume packs (sf4 and both the ssf4 dlc). now they are including it for free? :wall:

oh wells, i'll probably keep both of my ssf4 versions and get ssf4 arcade edition on disc for xbox anyways.[/QUOTE]
for free?
They bumped a Great Hits/Platinum Edition game to 40 bucks...again.

I don't see how this is a suprise, seeing back in history how we paid big backs for SF 2, SF 2 turbo, SSF2, SSF2 Turbo. I might get the AE when it's cheap enough

At least they're giving us a reasonably priced upgrade option this time around. They could have easily made everyone pay 39.99 for another disc. The price of those costume packs on the other hand...

Pretty sure that this has been a semi regular price at retail for a few months, picked it up at Target at this price last year in fact, non-advertised price and not clearance. Seen it for 20 at Gamestop as well.

Retailers don't want to keep fighting games around, they are worse than music games when it comes to sales. That's why you see Mortal Kombat selling for 30 right now, the built in playerbase fighting fans already got theirs, and now retailers want to move their stock off shelves before the marketing dies on them and they become dust magnets. WB is happy to let retailers slash prices because they already got paid full price for the game (usually about $38-$42 wholesale) and the sales will help increase numbers for first month npds. After first month sales on fighters slump dramatically.

First Month of AE we will probably see up to a 20% promo in weekend flyers, but with the margin on a $40 game being nonexistent don't expect anything better until sales numbers crash.

To clarify on online modes, i believe all editions of Arcade will also be able to play against Super players when the disc and dlc release later this year, at least as I understood from the AE press release the game blogs posted. The presser said nothing about free costume unlocks, it's not impossible just improbable; 3D edition comes with all costumes for free... Let's all wish for it together and maybe tinkerbell will come to life.

Also people who buy on-disc dlc unlocks are chumps* ;).

(**Digital Idiot has considered buying those damn SF costume packs multiple times XD)

I bought all the DLC costumes, guess I'm a chump...I'm also a big ass SF fan, also support Capcom with SF, but not so much with Marvel. I will be buying AE DLC right when it pops up on the 7th. And couple months later maybe buy the AE disc when its $20. EVO is right around the corner. AE is the most exciting thing to come out for me in 2011 besides Marvel(which I suck at). Then 2012 SFxT, then the end of the world lol.

[quote name='noobeffect']If you do that then you'll only be able to play with the people who bought the AE disc or purchased the AE DLC. Those who have Super and the AE DLC will be able to switch between the two, meaning they will be able to play Super players who didn't upgrade and people who bought AE.[/QUOTE]Not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure the AE retail will be exactly like the DLC version.

[quote name='aots16']Dont see how everyone loves the TE. I dont much care for the mad catz button layout. The hori sticks feel better with the button placement.[/QUOTE]

TEs give the option for "ergonomic" Vewlix layout used in Japanese arcades or the straight American style. It's pretty standard so I don't understand your gripe on the layout.

[quote name='juanawoman']Not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure the AE retail will be exactly like the DLC version.[/QUOTE]

What exactly are you refuting? It's been known, not only through Capcom representatives but through AE's trailer that:

If you own Super + the AE DLC: You'll be able to play with those who only have Super (did not upgrade to AE) AND those who upgraded with the AE DLC or purchased the AE disc.

If you only own the AE disc: You'll ONLY be able to play with those who upgraded/bought AE.

I was telling Kitoro this because buying the disc would basically be limiting the number of players he could play against online.

Capcom sucks. They made Street Fighter IV so frickin' confusing. First vanilla. Then Super. Now Arcade Edition?

They should've just released DLC for the Super and Arcade Edition. It's just weird that you have two separate games for getting achievements/trophies. We could've done all of these achievements in one actual game instead of spread them out across two.

And I really don't get why the AE disc can't play with the Super players. It's essence the same game. Who are the idiots running Capcom?

[quote name='imacgod']Capcom sucks. They made Street Fighter IV so frickin' confusing. First vanilla. Then Super. Now Arcade Edition?[/QUOTE]

They're gotten better with the number of re-releases for SF3 & SF4. SF2 had seven different versions released if you count the Anniversary Collection.

They could easily release an update that allows you to play against them but not allow you to use them. Seems like this would be a good way to show off the new characters and encourage more players to want to buy the DLC.

The AE disc is just the Super and AE DLC on a disc. They could just ignore the AE DLC on the disc just like the Super + AE combination will when finding online matches. There's no reason buying the AE disc should force you out of Super-only matches. This is why I go back to my statement, "Capcom sucks." ;)

I'm glad Bungie figured out a solution for Reach that allowed players without map packs to play just fine with players with map packs. DLC has been the bane of multiplayer's existence lately.

What would be the motivation for wanting to go back to Super if you had AE? Fighting games tend to be like sports games in that when a new version is released most of the community migrates over.

I recall SF3 on the Dreamcast has the first two versions on a single disc, but I don't ever recall anyone in my group of friends ever asking to play the vanilla version of SF3. Everyone wanted to play Second Impact. Sure, it'd be nice to have multiple SF4 revisions on one disc, but I don't think I'd ever really make use of the older ones.

[quote name='imacgod']Capcom sucks. They made Street Fighter IV so frickin' confusing. First vanilla. Then Super. Now Arcade Edition?

They should've just released DLC for the Super and Arcade Edition. It's just weird that you have two separate games for getting achievements/trophies. We could've done all of these achievements in one actual game instead of spread them out across two.

And I really don't get why the AE disc can't play with the Super players. It's essence the same game. Who are the idiots running Capcom?[/QUOTE]

You weren't around for SFII were you?

[quote name='Thrinn']What would be the motivation for wanting to go back to Super if you had AE? I can't say that I ever once wanted to go back to vanilla SF4 once I had Super. Fighting games tend to be like sports games in that when a new version is released most of the community migrates over.[/QUOTE]

I suppose since this is a fighting game, the Arcade Edition will have a large following. My concern was if the DLC doesn't catch on, players that buy the Arcade Edition disc won't exactly have many people to play against. My thinking is it would be a good idea for those disc players to still be able to play against the well-established Super players already in existence. Like I said, if the DLC catches on, I guess this is a non-issue.

[quote name='FactionG']You weren't around for SFII were you?[/QUOTE]

I guess I was fortunate enough to be young enough to only know of SFII Turbo back in the day. :) Vanilla SFII and the other iterations were realized later in life.

That's certainly a valid concern. I've heard numerous players voice their concern over the balance changes made to AE.

I traded in my Super disc last month to put the credit towards AE, so I don't have much choice... here's to hoping that AE isn't a total mess. ;)

[quote name='Thrinn']What would be the motivation for wanting to go back to Super if you had AE? Fighting games tend to be like sports games in that when a new version is released most of the community migrates over.

I recall SF3 on the Dreamcast has the first two versions on a single disc, but I don't ever recall anyone in my group of friends ever asking to play the vanilla version of SF3. Everyone wanted to play Second Impact. Sure, it'd be nice to have multiple SF4 revisions on one disc, but I don't think I'd ever really make use of the older ones.[/QUOTE]

That's different, 2nd Impact is pretty much just a finished version of New Generation (which omitted a whole character, Hugo). Third Strike plays differently than 2nd Impact and most people prefer that version. Third Strike had a revision released that nobody likes, and heads ended up sticking with the original 3S.

[quote name='noobeffect']
If you only own the AE disc: You'll ONLY be able to play with those who upgraded/bought AE..[/QUOTE]

This is not true. AE users can play w/ Super users if they buy the DLC or the disc.

It's only the PC version AE buyers that can't play w/ Super users because there is no PC Super version.

[quote name='imacgod']The AE disc is just the Super and AE DLC on a disc. They could just ignore the AE DLC on the disc just like the Super + AE combination will when finding online matches. There's no reason buying the AE disc should force you out of Super-only matches. This is why I go back to my statement, "Capcom sucks." ;)

I'm glad Bungie figured out a solution for Reach that allowed players without map packs to play just fine with players with map packs. DLC has been the bane of multiplayer's existence lately.[/QUOTE]

When you start up Arcade Edition you get the choice to play between Super Street Fighter IV or Arcade Edition. Like how Street Fighter III: Double Impact was on the Dreamcast.

Halo sucks.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']That's different, 2nd Impact is pretty much just a finished version of New Generation (which omitted a whole character, Hugo). Third Strike plays differently than 2nd Impact and most people prefer that version. Third Strike had a revision released that nobody likes, and heads ended up sticking with the original 3S.[/QUOTE]

There were two new characters in 2nd Impact: Hugo & Urien. ;)

I was speaking about the first disc on Dreamcast. At the time of its release, based on just my personal experience, people wanted to play the latest home revision available (2nd Impact) and pretty much ignored the older one.

I wasn't aware about the revision made to 3S. We weren't fortunate enough to have a 3S machine at the local arcade. They only had a vanilla SF3 machine which often went ignored since everyone at the arcade was all about the original Soul Calibur at the time. :)

[quote name='2&2']
It's only the PC version AE buyers that can't play w/ Super users because there is no PC Super version.[/QUOTE]

i'm waiting for the pc version of AE. i know capcom says piracy was a huge issue with vanilla sf4 on pc so let's hope capcom doesn't put some stupid drm on it, or if they really need a form of drm i hope they put it on steam.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I know about Urien. I mentioned Hugo because there was found data for him in New Generation (an incomplete character model and his stage).[/QUOTE]

Ah, the difference between a "whole character" and an "incomplete character" being the point of confusion. I now see what you were trying to get at.

bread's done
Back