Super Street Fighter IV (360) $19.99 w/ Amazon Prime

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

Capcom sucks. They made Street Fighter IV so frickin' confusing. First vanilla. Then Super. Now Arcade Edition?

They're gotten better with the number of re-releases for SF3 & SF4. SF2 had seven different versions released if you count the Anniversary Collection.

#32 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

They could easily release an update that allows you to play against them but not allow you to use them. Seems like this would be a good way to show off the new characters and encourage more players to want to buy the DLC.

#33 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:45 AM

The AE disc is just the Super and AE DLC on a disc. They could just ignore the AE DLC on the disc just like the Super + AE combination will when finding online matches. There's no reason buying the AE disc should force you out of Super-only matches. This is why I go back to my statement, "Capcom sucks." ;)

I'm glad Bungie figured out a solution for Reach that allowed players without map packs to play just fine with players with map packs. DLC has been the bane of multiplayer's existence lately.

#34 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

What would be the motivation for wanting to go back to Super if you had AE? Fighting games tend to be like sports games in that when a new version is released most of the community migrates over.

I recall SF3 on the Dreamcast has the first two versions on a single disc, but I don't ever recall anyone in my group of friends ever asking to play the vanilla version of SF3. Everyone wanted to play Second Impact. Sure, it'd be nice to have multiple SF4 revisions on one disc, but I don't think I'd ever really make use of the older ones.

#35 FactionG

FactionG

Too many backlog games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

Capcom sucks. They made Street Fighter IV so frickin' confusing. First vanilla. Then Super. Now Arcade Edition?

They should've just released DLC for the Super and Arcade Edition. It's just weird that you have two separate games for getting achievements/trophies. We could've done all of these achievements in one actual game instead of spread them out across two.

And I really don't get why the AE disc can't play with the Super players. It's essence the same game. Who are the idiots running Capcom?

You weren't around for SFII were you?

#36 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

What would be the motivation for wanting to go back to Super if you had AE? I can't say that I ever once wanted to go back to vanilla SF4 once I had Super. Fighting games tend to be like sports games in that when a new version is released most of the community migrates over.

I suppose since this is a fighting game, the Arcade Edition will have a large following. My concern was if the DLC doesn't catch on, players that buy the Arcade Edition disc won't exactly have many people to play against. My thinking is it would be a good idea for those disc players to still be able to play against the well-established Super players already in existence. Like I said, if the DLC catches on, I guess this is a non-issue.

You weren't around for SFII were you?

I guess I was fortunate enough to be young enough to only know of SFII Turbo back in the day. :) Vanilla SFII and the other iterations were realized later in life.

#37 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

That's certainly a valid concern. I've heard numerous players voice their concern over the balance changes made to AE.

I traded in my Super disc last month to put the credit towards AE, so I don't have much choice... here's to hoping that AE isn't a total mess. ;)

#38 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:36 AM

What would be the motivation for wanting to go back to Super if you had AE? Fighting games tend to be like sports games in that when a new version is released most of the community migrates over.

I recall SF3 on the Dreamcast has the first two versions on a single disc, but I don't ever recall anyone in my group of friends ever asking to play the vanilla version of SF3. Everyone wanted to play Second Impact. Sure, it'd be nice to have multiple SF4 revisions on one disc, but I don't think I'd ever really make use of the older ones.

That's different, 2nd Impact is pretty much just a finished version of New Generation (which omitted a whole character, Hugo). Third Strike plays differently than 2nd Impact and most people prefer that version. Third Strike had a revision released that nobody likes, and heads ended up sticking with the original 3S.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#39 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

If you only own the AE disc: You'll ONLY be able to play with those who upgraded/bought AE..

This is not true. AE users can play w/ Super users if they buy the DLC or the disc.

It's only the PC version AE buyers that can't play w/ Super users because there is no PC Super version.

#40 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

Gah, heres to hoping for the PS3 version <_<. Already have most of the DLC on there
Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

The AE disc is just the Super and AE DLC on a disc. They could just ignore the AE DLC on the disc just like the Super + AE combination will when finding online matches. There's no reason buying the AE disc should force you out of Super-only matches. This is why I go back to my statement, "Capcom sucks." ;)

I'm glad Bungie figured out a solution for Reach that allowed players without map packs to play just fine with players with map packs. DLC has been the bane of multiplayer's existence lately.

When you start up Arcade Edition you get the choice to play between Super Street Fighter IV or Arcade Edition. Like how Street Fighter III: Double Impact was on the Dreamcast.

Halo sucks.

#42 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

That's different, 2nd Impact is pretty much just a finished version of New Generation (which omitted a whole character, Hugo). Third Strike plays differently than 2nd Impact and most people prefer that version. Third Strike had a revision released that nobody likes, and heads ended up sticking with the original 3S.

There were two new characters in 2nd Impact: Hugo & Urien. ;)

I was speaking about the first disc on Dreamcast. At the time of its release, based on just my personal experience, people wanted to play the latest home revision available (2nd Impact) and pretty much ignored the older one.

I wasn't aware about the revision made to 3S. We weren't fortunate enough to have a 3S machine at the local arcade. They only had a vanilla SF3 machine which often went ignored since everyone at the arcade was all about the original Soul Calibur at the time. :)

#43 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

I know about Urien. I mentioned Hugo because there was found data for him in New Generation (an incomplete character model and his stage).

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#44 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

It's only the PC version AE buyers that can't play w/ Super users because there is no PC Super version.

i'm waiting for the pc version of AE. i know capcom says piracy was a huge issue with vanilla sf4 on pc so let's hope capcom doesn't put some stupid drm on it, or if they really need a form of drm i hope they put it on steam.

#45 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:33 PM

I know about Urien. I mentioned Hugo because there was found data for him in New Generation (an incomplete character model and his stage).

Ah, the difference between a "whole character" and an "incomplete character" being the point of confusion. I now see what you were trying to get at.