Twilight Zone: Seasons 1-3 Blu-ray, Amazon Blu-ray DotW 5/8/11-5/14/11

I've been pretty lucky getting Season 1 and 3 at my local Hastings for about $25 each used. A new Season 2 is tempting at $46 but I can hold out.

*Edit* Funny how they show in the blu ray section for $38 but when clicked on they are $46.

M

I managed to get 1, 2, and 4 for around $50-60, so I've been waiting for 3 to drop. Excellent.

(You can still preorder S4 for $60, by the way.)

Damn I really want these. According to the reviews I've read, these are really worth it at this price. The final season of the original series is set to release August 30th. I think I'm going to have to wait for a deal on the "Definitive Blu Ray Collection." I'll be waiting for at least a few years. I just wish I had the time to sit down and watch these and the money to afford them.

Season 4 is currently $60.99 as a pre-order, and Season 5 is $69.99 as a pre-order.

It's worth waiting on S4 + S5 dropping in price before picking them up.

Did anyone who ordered them get an email like this from Amazon?

[quote name='Amazon email']Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Due to an error on our site, the price on "The Twilight Zone: Season One [Blu-ray] (1960) " was temporarily incorrect. Because you paid a higher price than what was advertised at the time of your purchase, we're giving you a $7.50 credit toward any future purchase at Amazon.com.[/quote]

I received three of these, one per season set I ordered, and there was a $7.50 GC code in each of the three emails.

I just checked the price again and it's the same $46.49 now as I paid for each set on Sunday morning.

On the detail page(s) for these sets the price was always $46.49. However, there was one instance on the blu-ray main page that showed the price of these as $38.99 (or so). Actually, the way it was worded one could have read it as if all three seasons together would only cost $38.99 ;).

Yeah, the original sale page marked them as $38.99, but when it brought you to the next page, it was a different price, so enough people probably saw it and made a big enough deal for them to refund the difference to people.

I'm still thinking of buying these but I'm reading that some discs in the Season 1 set are defective. I wonder if they ever fixed it.

I never saw them as $38.99 when I checked out with them on Sunday, nor were they listed as the official DOTW. They may have made some mistake when they made them DOTW and since corrected them.

I never knew about the issue, so never made a stink about it. Not that I'm complaining about getting $22.50 back on the purchase.

It was never at $38.99 price ever, but the little Ad page that you click on that brings you to the actual page, said $38.99, so that's where the mistake was.

If anyone has a Costco membership, these are still $44.99 there. Also, they are already selling Season 4, which isn't due out until the 17th...but apparently Costco got the go-ahead to do it. It's also $44.99.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did anyone who ordered them get an email like this from Amazon?

I received three of these, one per season set I ordered, and there was a $7.50 GC code in each of the three emails.

I just checked the price again and it's the same $46.49 now as I paid for each set on Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Sunday as well and haven't got this. I'll wait a little while before I bug them, though. I usually get this kind of stuff later than other people for some reason.

[quote name='GreyFox787']If anyone has a Costco membership, these are still $44.99 there. Also, they are already selling Season 4, which isn't due out until the 17th...but apparently Costco got the go-ahead to do it. It's also $44.99.[/QUOTE]

Costco is very YMMV. None of the Costcos around me have TTZ. Actually, they hardly have any BDs... poor selection and they're all MSRP.

I could not pass up on this deal. Even though I know it will get cheaper down the road, this is my favorite show of all time, and I can't contain my excitement. I was also able to pickup season 4 at Costco; thanks for the tip!

[quote name='dafunkk12']Got my s2 & s3 today, but s2 was without a slipcover.[/QUOTE]As was mine, though I emailed them about it, as my S1 and S3 replacements (all three were damaged in shipment) had slipcovers.

This is what they sent me via email:
[quote name='Amazon email exchange']Hello,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I checked our website and found that "The Twilight Zone: Season 2 [Blu-ray]" does not include a slip cover. The image on the detail page is from an old version of the title. I've reported this to our technical team, and they're working on taking care of it.

If you're interested in keeping the DVD, I'd like to offer you a refund of $9.30, which is 20% off the price. To accept this refund, let us know and we'll issue the refund to your payment method.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

*link removed*

If you'd prefer to return the DVD for a full refund, please visit our Online Returns Center:

http://www.amazon.com/returns

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

I'm committed to providing world class customer service. Please tell me how I did by clicking the appropriate link below.

Did I solve your problem?

*link removed*

If not, I'm very sorry. Please click the link below. You'll also have the opportunity to contact Amazon via phone for immediate help with this problem.

*link removed*

Best regards,

*Amazon rep*
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

Dear Amazon.com,

I am requesting replacements for the following item(s) from order *order #*

Customer ID: *removed*

Payment Collateral: *removed*

Item Description: The Twilight Zone: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Quantity: 1
Reason for return: Missing parts or accessories
Comments: This item was missing the slipcover that the other two items on this order had. This item is a replacement for an item damaged in shipment.

-------------------------------------

Thank you![/quote]

[quote name='shouamabane']Slipcover discussion wastes everyone's time. It's the worst thing about Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]Thanks for sharing again.

Regardless, if they're picturing the item with a slipcover and it's not coming with one, people should know about it. Regardless of your opinions on the matter, if Amazon is showing one thing and doing another, people have the right to know about it.

Once they fix it, it's a non-issue.

bread's done
Back