21 replies to this topic

#1 RyBo13

RyBo13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

I just received a message from Gamestop that says this:

5/9/2011
Steal of the Week: Get Gears of War for FREE!

Score a pre-owned copy of Gears of War for FREE! Now through Sunday, May 15, you can redeem the Steal of the Week for a coupon that scores you two great titles, for the price of just one! Purchase a pre-owned copy GEARS OF WAR 2 and get the original - FREE! Snag this great deal in the Rewards Catalog NOW!

I apologize if this is a re-post I have never played the gears games and thought this was a decent deal.

Edited by shrike4242, 09 May 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#2 spOOfy

spOOfy

Cheap Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

Misleading title. Should change it to something like Free with purchase or something similar. I also thought GOW meant God Of War.

#3 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, good job on the contribution, but horrible title. Extremely misleading

#4 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, good job on the contribution, but horrible title. Extremely misleading

Well said. Thanks for the post OP! I have the original but would jump on this if I didn't.

#5 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

For how many points?
Posted Image

#6 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

Gears of war 1 is $4.99 used. Not a CRAZY deal, but still nice if you haven't played these.

CBrownsT10.png

#7 RyBo13

RyBo13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

Yeah sorry about the title guys Im not so great at this! Thank you for helping to fix it

#8 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up. The only problem is that I don't see the coupon anywhere. I only see the message.

#9 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

I recommend changing GOW to GeOW in the title.

Not to thread crap, but if I didn't have either title, I would actually just get the Gears of War Triple Pack because it gets you both games plus the All Fronts Collection (in code form) in 1 brand new package.

But this deal is still cheaper and I think the All Fronts Collection has been as cheap as $5 (may even be right now).
Posted Image

#10 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Thought this was for God of War 1 and 2 would rather have that as a deal. I have both Gears of War as platinum hits still sealed.

#11 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

I thought it was God of War as well. Usually, Gears of War is written as GeoW to prevent confusion.

#12 DeadlyToothpick

DeadlyToothpick

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

For how many points?

1000 points I believe for the coupon

Spoiler
(Gamercard things)

GMG Referral link (incase you don't have an account for some reason, make an account and buy something!)

#13 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

Fixed the title to something less confusing.

#14 javierlp

javierlp

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

May get this since I've never played Gears...

Edited by javierlp, 09 May 2011 - 05:59 PM.
typo

#15 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

May get this since I've ever played Gears...

Then you should definitely get in on this... GREAT games - all except the end of the second game - that was not so good... But 3 will finish the story :)

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#16 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Man, Gears of War is a HARD game. I'm on my first playthrough.

#17 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

Man, Gears of War is a HARD game. I'm on my first playthrough.

Yeah no doubt. I had an easier time finishing Gears 2 on Hardcore than Gears 1 on Easy.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#18 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

I thought it was God of War as well. Usually, Gears of War is written as GeoW to prevent confusion.

I've never seen that abbreviation ever. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I just have never seen anyone use it on any board until you just did.

#19 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

GeoW sounds more like an abbreviation for Geometry Wars. If it really needs to be shortened, why not just call it Gears?

Anyway, this is a decent deal if you don't have either game, but if you're really lucky you might be able to find a used copy of the GOTY/Gold edition of Gears of War 2 that has an unused All Fronts Collection code in it. As far as I know, Gamestop doesn't make any distinction between the different versions of Gears of War 2 in their system, so it should just ring up as the normal game whether it's the GOTY or not (or for that matter, even if it's the collectors edition).

#20 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

GeoW sounds more like an abbreviation for Geometry Wars. If it really needs to be shortened, why not just call it Gears?

Anyway, this is a decent deal if you don't have either game, but if you're really lucky you might be able to find a used copy of the GOTY/Gold edition of Gears of War 2 that has an unused All Fronts Collection code in it. As far as I know, Gamestop doesn't make any distinction between the different versions of Gears of War 2 in their system, so it should just ring up as the normal game whether it's the GOTY or not (or for that matter, even if it's the collectors edition).

I thought the GOTY of Gears 2 had a 2nd disc for the DLC.

#21 popaloo

popaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

gears would work in most cases i believe.
A search engine (like Google) that awards you for using it.
Posted Image
Week #13 - Amazon Gift Card $145 (11 SB left over)...and we're chugging along.

#22 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:08 AM

I thought the GOTY of Gears 2 had a 2nd disc for the DLC.

No, you're probably thinking of the Fallout 3 or Oblivion GOTY editions. Gears of War 2 just had a download code like RE5 Gold did on the Xbox 360. Not even the triple pack includes a separate disc for the DLC, it still just has a token to download it.