Dragon Quest I II and III coming to Wii...

Gden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
... In Japan. Here's hoping we get them over here. Its going to be a compilation with both the original NES and SNES versions.

Localization is already done for this games. But that won't stop SE from taking a year to get it here.

laaj, you are kidding yourself if you think this is coming to the US at all. There is no way NOA is going to shell out to localize the SFC games when the title would be lucky to break 200k in the US.

This does give me high high HIGH hopes that we'll see some kind of Mother anniversary package in 2014 given how close the game is to Iwata's heart. This is PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART but I'm going to go ahead and dream.

I wouldn't mind either the NES versions of Dragon Warrior 1-3 or the Gameboy Color versions of 1-3 were available on the Virtual Console/WiiWare/DSiWare or ported onto a disc for the Wii.

I'm fairly new to the Dragon Quest/Warrior world, but wasn't Dragon Warrior IV re-released on the DS as Dragon Quest IV or was that an entirely different game?

[quote name='cochesecochese']
This does give me high high HIGH hopes that we'll see some kind of Mother anniversary package in 2014 given how close the game is to Iwata's heart. This is PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART but I'm going to go ahead and dream.[/QUOTE]

Not that it'd come out in America anyway.

Well instead of the SFC version they could throw in the Gameboy color version, but Nintendo doesn't like free money

[quote name='2DMention']I'd buy them. I'm surprised they're not coming to 3DS or DS.[/QUOTE]

The 3DS and DS aren't getting Dragon Quest X is why.

Look what else Japan is getting for Dragon Quest's anniversary

i1j9K.jpg

fuck, I want them all. I already told myself I wouldn't be spending any more money this month. Then this shit happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno if i'd want to see retranslated dq1-3

we already have ye olde english version, and all the new dqs have some jacked up accents...

I really hope this makes it out here. Yeah, the Super Famicom deals will need language patches but this isn't 1992, it's got to be easier to do that kind of stuff nowadays. Plus the Super Mario Collection/rom dump sold well (I won't lie, I bought that shit at launch) so hopefully that helps Squeenix decide.

I'll be all over this. After I sold my original copies I-III were the only ones I don't have available to play. (Have IV-IX in one form or another)

[quote name='Josh5890']So much for an E3 announcement...[/QUOTE]
VERY TRUE!
Not even a word from SE on DQ X. What gives?

[quote name='beaus27']VERY TRUE!
Not even a word from SE on DQ X. What gives?[/QUOTE]

S-E usually makes the big news at TGS. SOMETHING has to be announced come September. Either DQ I-III or DQ X. Right?

[quote name='Josh5890']S-E usually makes the big news at TGS. SOMETHING has to be announced come September. Either DQ I-III or DQ X. Right?[/QUOTE]
Man, I hope so.
When is TGS? Sept?
DQ 1+2 GBC complete is too damn $$$. If DQ 1-3 retails at launch for $29.99, pre-ordered! plus guide!
DQX better not jump to Wii U, the game needs to give us Wii owners something to look forward too besides Zelda, aside from Kirby & maybe MP 9.
This is not going to cut it:

2K Play
Nicktoons MLB - August
Nickelodeon Dance - November
Activision
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - June
Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure - Oct. 16
Generator Rex: Agent of Providence - October
Spider-Man: Edge of Time - Fall
X-Men Destiny - Fall
D3Publisher
BEN 10 GALACTIC RACING - Fall
Deep Silver
Winter Stars - Q4
Disney Interactive Studios
Cars 2: The Video Game - June 21
Phineas and Ferb:Across the Second Dimension - Aug. 2
Disney Universe - Fall
Electronic Arts
Madden NFL 12 - Aug. 30
FAMILY GAME NIGHT 4: The Game Show - October
FAMILY GAME NIGHT Fun Pack - October
MONOPOLY Collection - October
TRIVIAL PURSUIT Bet You Know It - October
Need for Speed The Run - Nov. 15
GameMill Entertainment
Country Dance 2 - Nov. 1
Konami
DanceDanceRevolution II - Fall
Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 3 - Fall
Majesco
Zumba Fitness® 2 - Nov. 8
Mentor Interactive
ThinkSMART Crazy Machines - June 7
Namco Bandai Games
Go Vacation - Fall
Power Rangers Samurai - Fall 2012
Sega
Captain America: Super Soldier - July 19
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - November
Tecmo Koei
Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer - Q4
THQ
UFC® PERSONAL TRAINER - June 28
WWE ’12 - Nov. 22
Ubisoft
The Smurfs Dance Party - July 19
Family Feud 2012 (working title) - Sept. 27
The Price is Right Decades - Sept. 27
Just Dance 3 - Fall
The Adventures of Tintin (working title) - Dec. 6
Warner Bros. Interactive
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - June 7
Sesame Street: Ready, Set, Grover! - Summer
Happy Feet Two – The Videogame - Fall
LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Holiday

Wow that sounds really awesome, I wonder if they will bring the games to the virtual console, or if they will release them on a regular Wii disc. I have some of the GBC ones, I think all of them except for III. I will buy it instantly, I better save my Wii points just in case though!

If Nintendo wouldn't bring out any part of that trio of current RPGs that are already getting translated for Europe to the US, I doubt that we'll see this. At best we *might* get Dragon Warrior 1-3 on the Virtual Console.

That pretty much sums it up. No shitsplitting way NOA is going to translate and patch the SFC remakes. I'd bet good money that the expertise to do so is long lost at Treehouse.

This is never coming out in America. Ever. Didn't stop me from buying Loto's medallion and I'll definitely pick this set up. The helmet/sword/shield/treasure box are WAY too expensive and too space consuming for my blood though.

I would have been all over this like white on rice on a paper plate being carried by a polar bear during a snowstorm.
I read the thread title and could not click fast enough to open it to read "...... in Japan" and it actually felt like the air was sucked out of me.

Sorry I did it to be mean/funny, but I think the joke is dead and bordering on cruel now, so I'll edit it. Sorry I would if I could edit the title.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Why even start this thread then? This is just dumb.[/QUOTE]

Because there are people that watch this site that can read Japanese and will gladly import it. But, yeah I also put it on here in the hopes that we MIGHT see it over here, especially since Nintendo seems to be Dragon Quest's bitch right now

Hi kids. I just read today that only 250K of this collection are being shipped. If you're not looking to pay 8,000 yen from some asshat reseller on YAJ you should probably try and secure a preorder now. Good luck.

When I called to Nintendo to bitch about another issue I had with Warioware DIY not working in my 3DS, I cried to them about bringing this over to the US, and they logged my complaint, but it probably won't do any good. :(

i doubt the DSIwere could even hold DQ 1 the downloads are so freaking small

they probally would have to do Dragon quest 1 chapter 1 ,2 ,3 just to download the entire game... though at 2 bucks per chapter i would get the entire game.... now if it was 5 per chapter (15 for the game) i would pass on 1 and 2 probally get 3

bread's done
Back