Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

• Please log in to reply
3132 replies to this topic

#31 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

I'm in... always wanted a steel case (missed out on the MVC3 one)!

FYI its called a steelbook (or metal pac depending on the type)
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#32 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

I have no idea what this game is... In for a 360 copy.
Posted Image

#33 0192837465

Banequake!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

I have no idea what this game is... In for a 360 copy.

you have good intuition my friend

Posted ImageCheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image Cheapassgamer.com: Greatest Site Ever!!!Posted Image

#34 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

noob question: so is this free upgrade only on Amazon or all retail stores such as Gamestop or Best Buy?
i tried to look it up but im on my phone and found nothing
Posted Image

#35 bic

bic

Calm down francis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

i have no idea what this game is... In for a 360 copy.

lol

#36 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

I'm jizzing over the metal case (not literally...yet), but wtf with the digital soundtrack download. Gimme a physical disk. Yeah, in terms of listening to the music, digital distribution is probably easier for most people, but I like physical stuff. Either way, I'm pre-ordering for the goodies (ps3 baby, can't wait to play online, lol). I just hope the gameplay is not changed too much. I'm not a hardcore l33t gamer, but the first one really wasn't that hard, you just had to plan a bit, couldn't attack crazy-loco kamikaze style and live. I hope they don't make it unfairly difficult and unplayable.

#37 ARS2x

ARS2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

awesome job on this one in for pre order

#38 ExplodingRat

ExplodingRat

KaaaaBLAM.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully I can still preorder this on Saturday and still get it.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Demon's Souls CE. I LOVED Demon's Souls, and I'm a CE collector as is, so I'm just annoyed for that. :(

#39 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Anyone know when this is coming out?

#40 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

The new trailer, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Posted Image

Time to get hyped, motherfuckers!

#41 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Anyone know when this is coming out?

October.

Also, cool Onion Knight gif.

#42 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Is there a reason to get PS3 over 360 that we know of? I own both but buy cross-platformers on 360 since that is what the majority of my friends have. With that asked, I am 110% ordering this...Demon's Souls is one of my top 10 games ever.

First game came out on PS3, which is why I'd lean towards the PS3 for the second game.

If the platforms end up being identical, then I'd lean towards 360, unless there's some bonus you get for importing past games from Demon's Souls into Dark Souls.

#43 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

First game came out on PS3, which is why I'd lean towards the PS3 for the second game.

If the platforms end up being identical, then I'd lean towards 360, unless there's some bonus you get for importing past games from Demon's Souls into Dark Souls.

Going with the PS3 version because it just feels better to me.

Besides, 360 is a shooter console so good luck finding anyone online after the first couple of weeks. Backed by all 29 people on friend list sticking exclusively to CoD 2KXX in the last few years, disgusts me.

#44 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

I hope the guide is as awesome as the Demon Soul's guide. Besides Hyperdimension Neptunia, the DE version of Demon's Souls is the last game I paid MSRP for and I'll definitely pay MSRP for this game.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#45 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

57.99 for a CE of a great game? Pffft Amazon I don't even need a goldbox to order this.

#46 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Even though I typically relegate my PS3 games to exclusives I will be getting Dark Souls for PS3. The controls in Demons Souls just felt right on the PS3 and I'm not sure the 360 controller would have the same feel to it.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#47 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Going with the PS3 version because it just feels better to me.

Besides, 360 is a shooter console so good luck finding anyone online after the first couple of weeks. Backed by all 29 people on friend list sticking exclusively to CoD 2KXX in the last few years, disgusts me.

So your friends disgust you? Or all 360 players disgust you? Seems like a weird thing to get disgusted by, especially since 95% of shooters come out on both platforms and two recent PS3 exclusives were both shooters.

#48 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Contents look great and it's a free upgrade? Awesome, just awesome. Nice to see Namco taking care of the game's fans just like Atlus would, too.

Paid off my preorder with some credit from trading in old textbooks.
76561197996844513.png

#49 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

Pre-ordered, even if this one does drop in price after release getting this CE edition for $60 will still be worth it.

#50 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

Boom. Pre-ordered.

I might not have otherwise got this game on Day 1 since I have yet to start Demon's Souls. But I want this edition.

#51 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

Demon Souls was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Considering how fast it dropped, too, I'll be waiting for this one.

On the plus side, the free upgrade is a great incentive to go along with the default preorder benefit of being the smuggest gamer in the room
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#52 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Best game this gen gets a sequel, and a free collector's edition upgrade. Sounds like a plan to me.

Can't wait.

#53 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

So your friends disgust you? Or all 360 players disgust you? Seems like a weird thing to get disgusted by, especially since 95% of shooters come out on both platforms and two recent PS3 exclusives were both shooters.

Pretty much anyone thats thinks only shooters are worth playing disgust me. Fortunately there are other areas of interest where my friends' lack of tastes aren't so apparent.

Also PS3 getting bogged down with exclusives doesn't bother me as Ar Tonelico & a flood on RPGs will soon come to it as well. Besides, I'd care about SOCOM 4 if it were back to 1 & 2's classic tactical gameplay instead of being CoD in third person, if I wanted a hollywood movie I'd watch one.

#54 elmetfano

elmetfano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

So as long as we pre order before october we're in on the special edition?

#55 SJ1S8

SJ1S8

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

Ill most definitely preorder once the CE is listed. I dont trust the retailer to 'upgrade' the order even if they are the same price though.

#56 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

Pretty much anyone thats thinks only shooters are worth playing disgust me. Fortunately there are other areas of interest where my friends' lack of tastes aren't so apparent.

Also PS3 getting bogged down with exclusives doesn't bother me as Ar Tonelico & a flood on RPGs will soon come to it as well. Besides, I'd care about SOCOM 4 if it were back to 1 & 2's classic tactical gameplay instead of being CoD in third person, if I wanted a hollywood movie I'd watch one.

Uncharted is pretty much a Hollywood movie >:[

#57 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

I think much like all of the other LE's that have come out *see Medal of Honor* The first print will all be CE after those run out anyone who wants the CE will be SOL.

Kamagii.png

#58 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

I can't say no to a free upgrade to a CE (especially with a metal case). count me in for one!

SteamWidget.PNG

#59 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

I think much like all of the other LE's that have come out *see Medal of Honor* The first print will all be CE after those run out anyone who wants the CE will be SOL.

Think this is a little different because of the Steelbox, artbook, and mini guide. All of the "free" upgrades were just head start perks or maps that are already on the disc. Looking at it on Amazon and it doesn't see the free upgrade. Guess I missed out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

Demon Souls was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Considering how fast it dropped, too, I'll be waiting for this one.

On the plus side, the free upgrade is a great incentive to go along with the default preorder benefit of being the smuggest gamer in the room

Another stamp of disapproval from CAG's greatest contrarian, RollingSkull!