Photo
- - - - -

Starhawk - Out Now - Sequel to Warhawk - 9/20: Coming to PSN! SP Free for PS+! 1.04!

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#31 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

lol nice tags
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#32 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Hmmm... so it has mechs, eh? I guess that's an upgrade over Warhawk, should put a wrinkle into ground combat. The game sounds somewhat like Starcraft in that you can build vehicle platforms/factories, might be cool.

The game sounds OK, but I'm not as excited yet as I was when I bought Warhwak at launch. But I'll bite if there's still some sort of Carmageddeon :whee:

Posted Image

#33 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hmmm... so it has mechs, eh? I guess that's an upgrade over Warhawk, should put a wrinkle into ground combat. The game sounds somewhat like Starcraft in that you can build vehicle platforms/factories, might be cool.

The game sounds OK, but I'm not as excited yet as I was when I bought Warhwak at launch. But I'll bite if there's still some sort of Carmageddeon :whee:

Yeah you transform your Hawk instead of going into hover mode. Was a little sad when I heard that. Hovering over a guy and peppering him with machine gun fire or nudging a jeep off a high ledge was always fun. Stomping out of the sky in a full suit sounds nice too.

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

http://blog.us.plays...tions-answered/

Dylan Jobe answered some common questions about Starhawk on the PS Blog:

I can’t believe I’m posting on the PlayStation Blog again. It’s been forever! So what’s new you ask? Well, let’s see, not too much — oh yeah, we announced Starhawk! *cough* Finally. *cough*

The team and I have been wicked happy with the response from the media and the fans so far. Seeing you guys excited makes all the late nights worth it! But, we still have a lot of work ahead of us so thanks for all of the positive energy. We all know a good reveal is just the first step in making our fans happy and we’re looking forward to showing you guys even more tasty Starhawk content and get you more plugged into the Starhawk universe! So the other day I asked all of you on Twitter to send me Starhawk questions that you wanted to get answered, and while we’re still planning on doing a full FAQ post here on the PlayStation.Blog, I wanted to take a few of the questions that were popular and answer them straight away. Here goes:

Posted Image

Does Starhawk have two flight modes?

YES. Initially we wanted to have Starhawk use only a single flight mode so that all players were unified. We worked a lot on this but ultimately decided that the needs of a newbie player and the needs of a hardcore Warhawk fan were just too far apart and we weren’t willing to make the compromises needed to jam everyone into a single flight mode. So…Starhawk has two flight modes and both are great! The default mode is very simple and great for new to mid-level players (and yes, reverse aiming issues have been fixed). It’s a re-vamped version of our “arcade mode” (but much better), thanks in part to a lot of play testing on it. The advanced mode is for players that want even more control while flying around in the Hawk. It’s just like Warhawk’s “pro mode” flight mode.

Posted Image

Server list or matchmaking?

In Starhawk you have both. Matchmaking is good for casual players that just want to be put into a game quickly, or for when we need to enforce that players are not “cheating” or stat padding or whatever you want to call it. It lets the Starhawk servers control which players get put into which games. That said, our fans LOVE it so we let you browse the custom “non-official” games through a server list. This gives you the best of both worlds.

Is Starhawk’s character camera new?

YES. We got a lot of questions from people that noticed from the video that there was a tight over-the-shoulder (OTS) camera in some of the shots. We still have a normal camera that is further away from the character, although it is a bit closer than what we had in Warhawk. However, this new OTS aiming mode is enabled when you zoom in with your weapon. It gives you a combat choice—you can do your normal run-and-gun at some cost of accuracy or you can go OTS for more accuracy, although you’ll be a bit slower.

Does Starhawk still use weapon pickups?

Hell yes! I was actually surprised that people were worried about this. It was interesting to see the Tweets from people who were scared that we might be going to a class-based load out approach. No! We still have pickups. And getting a weapon is not limited by rank. That kind of thing just doesn’t work for our type of gameplay. In fact, weapon pickups are an important part of Build & Battle. For example, If you want your team to have “snipers,” you can build lookout towers which include the sniper rifle pickup. Or, if you want some heavy weapons, you can build a supply bunker to get a rocket launcher and a shotgun. Now of course we are still in the process of tuning the game so things are always bound to change, but this should give you a good idea of where we’re headed.

Posted Image

Are there space environments?

100% YES. The outer space environment set that the art team here at LightBox Interactive has put together is really awesome. Super fun to play on and looks great. Some of the elements are still being worked on and we don’t want to show it untill we’re 100% happy with it. But since sooo many of you guys asked, Sony was okay with me at least telling you that Starhawk was not just about terrain battles. :-)

There are a ton of other questions that you sent me and I will answer them as soon as I can, but for now, I wanted to get a little bit more info out to you all! Hopefully I’ll get to see some of you at E3 if you swing by to get your hands on Starhawk! Keep your eyes on the PlayStation.Blog and www.starhawkthegame.com for more updates, and if you’re interested in seeing behind the production curtain a bit, I often post behind the scenes pics of us making Starhawk on my Twitter account @dylanjobe, so check it out!

Okay, that’s really it for right now. Maybe I’ll include a puzzle with my next blog post—I promise it will be more challenging than the stuff I posted for Warhawk :-P

#35 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

Weapon pickups! SPACE BATTLES! SPAAAAAACE!

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif

#36 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Never really got into Warhawk, but this looks pretty fucking sweet.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#37 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

everyone run into the building i just made

theres no front door, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#38 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

Free code for free theme in the PSN store from the official site.

8AQ5 - 4EN5 - F59D

2ic4l5j.jpg

#39 pLaYeRiTo

pLaYeRiTo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

• No more hover mode for hawks.Straight to mech mode.

aww man :(
aside from that all the additions are great, hopefully you won't die as much
[URL="http://i44.tinypic.com/xbjv54.png"][/URL]

#40 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

New cutscene trailer.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#41 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

New and great interview on the EU blog.

Check out the speeder.
Posted Image

2ic4l5j.jpg

#42 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

Check out the speeder.
Posted Image

Damn... I was just think that they need some more vehicles other than the warhawks
Posted Image

#43 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

New video of space combat!

Dylan Jobe talks about space combat on the PSblog here too.

MMM... Jetpacks.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#44 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

Check out the speeder.
Posted Image

Mark my words this game will be "Dat Piff" I really hope we get a CAG clan going for it

210452.png

#45 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

I dunno... still not feeling it.. and I really want to feel it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#46 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

I still think the mechs are stupid and so is Dylan Jobe for being a nerd and ripping off Firefly. Where the hell are my tanks?

#47 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

New interview.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#48 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

I cannot wait to get my hands on Starhawk this weekend at PAX!

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif

#49 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Space battle trailer.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#50 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

If you haven't seen, Uncharted 3 has a beta code for Starhawk, but Lightbox has announced that a private beta will be coming before that public beta that will be for Warhawk veterans:

Boy, do I have some exciting news to share with all of our Warhawk fans today, but first, let me serve you all some delicious hors d’oeuvres de internets!

We were so happy with the response to Starhawk at PAX that the SCEA marketing machine leveled-up, cast Videozzaga and summoned a quick video of our Santa Monica Sr. Producer Harvard Bonin talking with people at the show in Seattle after they got hands-on with Starhawk!

Not only was it great to see people loving Starhawk at PAX, the team and I love seeing coverage and buzz about the game start to pick up speed. And with our announcement last week that early access keys for the Starhawk Public Beta will be included in Uncharted 3, well… things are now moving forward at ludicrous speed! It was great to read all the comments, tweets and Facebook posts from players who are just now getting introduced to Starhawk’s gameplay and universe and the LightBox Interactive team and I can’t wait to see all of you online in early 2012!

But Dylan, you ask, what about now? Did you forget about us? What about all of the die-hard Warhawk fans who waited patiently for Starhawk to emerge from the shadowy nether regions of game development?

Five words: Private. Beta. Starting. In. November!

Let me explain.

Normally before a team releases a Public Beta for a game, the dev team goes through a phase known as the closed beta or “Private Beta.” This is when the dev team works very closely with a small group of colleagues from the publisher, quality assurance (QA) team, or very close friends to make sure things are solid, the gameplay is tuned, big bugs are squashed, etc. It’s all about a tight feedback loop and close interaction with the developer.

And we want the team here at LightBox Interactive to have that close communication with our Warhawk fans! Even as I write this blog post I’m still blown away that SCEA has approved this!

Ok, let’s break it down:

We’re going to be starting the Private Beta in November and we’ll be sending a bunch of our Warhawk players (European players too!!) special email invites with Starhawk Private Beta keys. We’re going to be letting players into the Private Beta in waves so we can manage the server load, watch the game balance analytics, etc. The order in which players are granted access is a dark art known only to Sith-IT-Managers and Gywn, Lord of Cinder. But, suffice it to say it’s a mix of your rank/level in Warhawk, your involvement in the Warhawk community, and a few other magical parameters.

So keep checking your email like a Hawk!

Like what I did there?

SCEA has setup a secure forum where all the Warhawk players that are granted access into the Starhawk Private Beta will be able to talk directly with me, and some of our other team members here at LightBox Interactive. We’ll be posting our special PlayStation Network handles so you know when you’re playing with one of us online and we’ll be on VOIP in-game so you can talk directly to us if you want to!

We’re really looking for lots of feedback to help make sure Starhawk is as solid and tuned as possible. So we’ll be actively requesting comments on tuning changes and other game updates that we’ll be making to Starhawk throughout the Private Beta.

And this is a *key* part of the process because we are going to be validating our SkillScore player ranking system as well as weapon and Build & Battle game balance. Our new Hot-Fix system lets us really keep up with the demands of the community so we’ll be trying to push updates almost every day.

We’ll be going into more details on which features will be included in the Private Beta in the coming weeks, but for now, I hope our Warhawk player community is as excited about this opportunity as we are!!!

And for all the Warhawk players that are going to be helping us play Starhawk during the Private Beta, we have a special “gift” planned for all of you when Starhawk is officially released. Oh the
anticipation… THE ANTICIPATION!!!!!

*deep breath*

Ok…what’s next? Oh yeah…

And lastly, no blog post would be complete without my obligatory mention of our website, www.StarhawkTheGame.com —so keep tabs on it because SCEA will be updating it with all the latest as things really start to get rolling for Starhawk!

Rock on!

http://blog.us.plays...hawk-beta-news/

#51 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Never played Warhawk, but alwasy wanted to.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#52 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

http://blog.us.plays...ng-out-tuesday/

The private beta begins on Tuesday for those that are invited, but it seems like there will be plenty of avenues to get in if you're not personally sent a code.

After many, many months of hard work we are happy to announce that the Starhawk Private Beta will be live on PSN beginning Tuesday, November 22nd! As you may have read in Dylan’s last PlayStation.Blog post, a selected a number of loyal Warhawk players who have opted-in to receive PlayStation emails will receive Private Beta keys, so if you played Warhawk there’s a chance that you’ll have a voucher invitation in your email in the upcoming weeks! If you don’t get on day one, don’t get discouraged: our Private Beta will be “slow rolled.” That means that we’ll slowly add more fans and features as the Private Beta progresses.

For those of you that get Private Beta access very early, you can expect to play Capture the Flag on a couple of maps to your heart’s content.

You’ll be able to find games via our Matchmaker system or choose your own game server via our Game Lists. We’ve kept the initial roll out pretty tight as we exercise the systems, but we’ll open the kimono inch by inch so keep playing to see what we have in store for you.

We Want Your Feedback!

Please bang on the Private Beta and help us make Starhawk the greatest possible game. We’ll do our best to avoid hiccups, but you may see some bugs or other unintended gremlins — it’s all part of the process. We ask those of you that play in the Private Beta to participate in the Starhawk Private Beta Forum located here(note: If you’re accepted into the Private Beta, you’ll notice a “Beta Central” section here). This forum is set up to help us collect feedback, bugs, feature requests, etc. Keep it clean, respectful, and specific so that we can try to address your issues. You’ll need to log in with your PSN account and choose the “PSN Beta” tab under your log-in name. If you aren’t in the Beta, you won’t be allowed access to this forum so please be patient.

How to Gain Access to the Starhawk Private Beta

We’ll be looking to unlock the door for registered players later on in the Private Beta. Fans that want to get in but may not get an invite can increase their chances by registering on the official site. Remember, we can’t send you Private Beta keys unless you have opted-in to receive them. Check out this Beta FAQ page for more info. We’ll also be working with great partners like G4, IGN, GameSpot, GameTrailers, 1UP, Kotaku, WIRED, USA Today, CNET, Maxim, and TIME (just to name a few) to make sure there are even more chances for you to get into the Private Beta. Even our community manager, HawkStar Jay, has a handful he’s itching to give away, so stay tuned for more details!

Finally, if you have a Starhawk Public Beta voucher from UNCHARTED 3, you are guaranteed access in early 2012. We’ll have even more features, game modes, guns, weapons, and general goodness to show during that next Beta phase.

Congratulations to those of you fans that got (or will get) an invite, we love your enthusiasm and loyalty. We don’t think of a Private Beta as a privilege for you. You’re doing us a favor and helping to create Starhawk…and we thank you.

Warheads….have fun! Everyone else, stay tuned! We’ve got a lot more in our bag o’ tricks!

#53 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

Is anybody else in the beta? I got an email and started playing yesterday.

Without a doubt it has the feel of Warhawk, but just a feel.

I only played for a bit - up to level 4 playing CTF so far. A few things I noticed:

- The game is VERY busy. Not in the number of players, but stuff going on in the screen. Stuff is always moving, dropping from the sky or whatever. Hard to keep up and notice what needs to be noticed.

- Hard to pick up players from the other team. They tend to blend in with the surrounding enviroment. Warhak was easy to see what was going on, Starhawk notsomuch.

- Build your own stuff. REALLY torn on this. I loved Warhawk because you knew what was where and where people had to go if they wanted that. I have seen great use of the buildings and horrible examples of the buildings. The more I am learning how and where to place the stuff the more it grows on me, but it will take more work for me to LIKE it. You have to gather plama type balls to build things, the more you gather the bigger things you can build. but I really feel like I am in a ratchet and clank game with the stuff flying to me as I walk around or shoot the barrels of the stuff. You can build some cool things so far in this beta.

- Movement. The guys move real fast and VERY jerky compared to WH. I know this is the early beta and will (i hope) be tweaked but the movment of the characters now is not right. But the movment really makes me feel like I am playing a online match of Halo Reach.

- Hawks. I was never a plane person in WH. but I really do not like the hawks in this game at this point. Flying seems to be all over the place and the transform into a robot is a tad too much. But the robot version of the hawk reminds me of a bad copy of an exo from KZ3 (which BTW I loved). And you only get a hawk if you build the platform for it, and you ahve to get enough whatever they call it to build one.

So far I like the game, but it could be toned down a bot as far as how much random stuff is going on in the screen.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#54 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Man, that doesnt sound good to me. Especially with all the stuff going on screen, thats one of my most hated things about this generation. Well it is a beta and Im sure it will improve, but sounds fundamentally flawed as a shooter right now.

#55 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

I gave away my Starhawk beta code that came with some game(thinking it was Uncharted 3) to my one buddy. I'll have to remind him that the beta starts soon. After playing Warhawk against a ton of vets and getting absolutely annihilated I have ZERO interest in this game.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#56 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

Man, that doesnt sound good to me. Especially with all the stuff going on screen, thats one of my most hated things about this generation. Well it is a beta and Im sure it will improve, but sounds fundamentally flawed as a shooter right now.

The two videos above give an idea of how the gameplay - so far - is. The second one gives a better idea of how busy the screen can be, but the game is more that shows. You can see the people spawning in those pods that really needs to be toned down 10x. When you escape from the pod parts from the pod go flying all over the place. And when people build thngs there is that giant glow that not only takes up space on the ground, btu the entire sky above it.

And a thing about the hawks - in WH they were all over the place. You knew where they were and they would come back ina bit if they were gone. From what I can see so far you have to gain enough of those orbs then build the station then take your hawk, and if somebody jacks your for it oh well, if they do respawn its a good amount if time - I have never seen one respawn, but I had better things to do than wait around for it.
EDIT - I figured out that to get a hawk to deploy you must have orbs and then press a yellow button on the spawn point then one shows up. Same deal for jetpacks and jeeps.

Also two of the weapons I liked the most in WH almost seem worthless now - the sniper and rocket launcher. NOTE I have only played in small map CTF games. But I swear unless you get a headshot with the sniper rifle it will not kill the guy. And with the fast jerkey movment of the players it is almost impossible to get a good shot off. Plus there is a red line emitting from your rifle so the enemy can see EXACTLY where you are and easily pick you off. And I was a pro at sniper rifle in WH and I totally suck now lol. And the rocket launcher - lol it took me a few games to even see it was a rocket launcher haha. but with the layout of the maps I have been playing it was really hard to get a lock on the hawk before it went behind something out of view which made it hard.

Edited by fuss, 05 December 2011 - 12:29 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#57 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

woah this started already? I may have to set up my PS3 [been in my luggage since thanksgiving] and DL it, the codes from UC3 work right?

210452.png

#58 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

woah this started already? I may have to set up my PS3 [been in my luggage since thanksgiving] and DL it, the codes from UC3 work right?

No.

Finally, if you have a Starhawk Public Beta voucher from UNCHARTED 3, you are guaranteed access in early 2012. We’ll have even more features, game modes, guns, weapons, and general goodness to show during that next Beta phase.

#59 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

There is a livestream of some guy playing right now -

gives you an idea of how it is, the game is really growing on me - still has flaws but I hope they are fixed during the beta...

but ya, its really growing on me.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

Seems like a new wave of beta codes went out today, as I got mine a few hours ago. I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.