Photo
- - - - -

Starhawk - Out Now - Sequel to Warhawk - 9/20: Coming to PSN! SP Free for PS+! 1.04!

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#61 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

Almost forgot about this. I got a code if anyone wants it. Just PM!
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#62 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

http://www.gamespot....topslot;title;1

GameSpot has some codes to give away.

#63 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

the game doesnt look all that great but its freakin fun.its col you can either go at it as a shooter or just do the tower defense thing if youre playing ctf. i like the transformer jet but the jetpacks are the shit.

#64 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

Sony sent me a beta code for the private beta today. Chances are it's going to a buddy of mine, since I can't be bothered to get trounced in this game like I did in Warhawk.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#65 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

Sony sent me a beta code for the private beta today. Chances are it's going to a buddy of mine, since I can't be bothered to get trounced in this game like I did in Warhawk.:roll:

you should be alright in this one i know what you mean about warhawk but this ones not so bad. hell i even won a few cant say that for warhawk lol.

#66 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

http://blog.us.plays...y-january-17th/

The Public Beta opens up on Tuesday to PS+ and private beta members:

This past November and December we conducted our Private Beta for Starhawk. It was incredibly valuable to our team at LightBox and SCEA Santa Monica. We really appreciate all of the time that players have spent uncovering bugs and glitches, we would have never been able to find this many of them without real-world gameplay. The Beta effort has been a true partnership with our community so we humbly thank you all. Without your help, we wouldn’t be able to progress to the next chapter in the development of the game: the Public Beta!

We’re now happy to announce that the Starhawk Public Beta begins this Tuesday, January 17th. This is a crucial step for us as we’ll be testing all sorts of things, including game balance, server traffic, and general bugs. This is also a chance for more players to finally see what we’ve been working so hard on. As we’ve been getting so much support and encouragement from fans and press alike, we’re excited to spread the love and get more input to make the best game possible.

“That looks kind of fun, right? So maybe you want in the Beta now? Well, take a look below and see how to get early access. This Beta will include lots more functionality and features (details coming next week) so mark February 21st on your calendars because that’s when it will be completely open!

Who gets in, and when?
(North American Starhawk Beta schedule)

January 17: All PlayStation Plus subscribers and all Private Beta participants (who haven’t erased their original Private Beta files). You can learn more about PS Plus here.

January 31: UNCHARTED 3 Beta key holders. These voucher codes were found inside of North American copies of UNCHARTED 3.

February 7: Visit GameStop and PlayStation on Facebook and see how you can get early voucher codes.

February 14: IGN.com (details to be revealed soon)

February 21: Everyone with a PlayStation Network account…in other words, everyone who wants in, gets in!

Beta FAQ

If I was in the Private Beta, am I in the Public Beta?
If you were in the Private Beta, you are in the Public Beta for the duration. DO NOT delete the Private Beta file from your PS3 or else you won’t have access. Worse, you will be…unhappy.

Is this a demo?
This is NOT a demo. You can expect to find bugs and the vast majority of the game features planned for the final game will not be implemented. Of course, many of you will not read this sentence and will expect the Beta to be final quality. We ask that the community help itself and remind players that this is a test. It happens to be a pretty fun test, but it is a test regardless. Keep an open mind and we’ll continue to regularly update the Beta with changes based directly on your feedback. Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to help make games? This is your chance!

When does the Public Beta end?
When the game is good and ready! :) Honestly, when we’ve learned all we can and feel we can deliver the best product to you. Basically, sometime after February 21st, BUT it’s our recommendation that you do not delay joining or you might find your window of opportunity passing you by.

What’s different from the Private Beta?
We’re going to reveal more about the content updates soon enough. Patience, Padawan…

Will you test out the solo campaign?
Nope! The Public Beta is solely based around the multiplayer experience. While we have a robust solo story campaign in the final game, we can get our testing done elsewhere for that.

How do you send us feedback?
This is very important…to give us feedback, please visit http://us.playstation.com/psn/ and use your PSN login to enter the Beta forums. If you are in the Beta, you can enter the forums. Remember though…with Beta testing comes Beta responsibility. We are on these forums hourly looking for bug info, so please use this. We need your help and this is the best way to give us info.

#67 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

http://blog.us.plays...olls-out-today/

Starhawk will be out on May 8 and they've shared a few more things about what's improved with this build of the beta:

What’s in the Public Beta?

Everything mentioned in the video with a ton of fixes, updates, etc. At the start we’re adding the following content on top of Private Beta content…

• Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we’re happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
  • Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
  • Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English…but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
  • Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance. Playstation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
  • Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.

Anybody with the private beta on their hard drives can download the update to the public beta build now.

#68 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

SO I just realized this was auto downloaded to my hardrive. I played for a little bit but it like crashed and now I seem to be stuck in a loop where I can't connect to the server or something.

#69 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

I was wondering when Uncharted 3 codes would work for the beta, thanks for the news frisky.

#70 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

I was wondering when Uncharted 3 codes would work for the beta, thanks for the news frisky.

A few posts up:

http://www.cheapassg...88&postcount=66

#71 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

A few posts up:

http://www.cheapassg...88&postcount=66

I saw it, thanks again! I couldn't find it anywhere else online.

#72 enufs8d

enufs8d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

anyone playing the beta? i havent seen cag comments on gameplay. the lack of the interest is steering me away from day 1 purchase.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

I didn't think I was going to like it, but I truly love it. I don't like the knife being so powerful....but other than that I enjoyed my first round. The game felt like a third person borderlands, and I really wish that's what this game could be. Huge story mode with different types of transform able vehicles, and with an borderlands ish selection of guns.
Posted Image

#74 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

I love this game! And that's saying a lot because I don't play online at all. But it seems this game is going to change that.

Anyways, I have beta code from Uncharted 3 that I don't need since I'm a PS+ member. PM me if you want it.

#75 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Good to hear that this has the addiction factor that Warhawk had. Cant wait to get the band back together!!!

#76 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Liking this a lot, as it feels like Warhawk after the jetpack DLC with more freedom to how you play since the various parts of your base can be placed anywhere. Unless I'm missing something, it would be nice to have the buildings that have been built appear on the minimap so I don't have to build a jetpack station because I can't find/see one. I'm hoping that they unlock Zone mode since that's the Warhawk mode I enjoyed the most and TDM/CTF aren't really what I'd play most in the finished game.

#77 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

How many maps are in it?

#78 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Two maps. One's in space and the other's on the planet.

#79 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

Does anyone know how many Hawk pickups there are in the beta?

#80 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hawk pickups?

#81 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

Beta codes from Uncharted 3 should work today for those that have them.

#82 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hawk pickups?

Sorry, I was referring to what weapons there are for the Hawk in the beta. I was only able to find the 3 missiles pickup that you select with the upper right of the d-pad.

Beta codes from Uncharted 3 should work today for those that have them.

I can confirm the Uncharted 3 codes work.
Posted Image

#83 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

I would have rather had an Updated Warhawk style game, but this game is okay. Couple HUGE problems though. It needs to show what buildings your team has somewhere so everyone isnt just building the same thing. I hate the new knife, was much better in Warhawk. And the guns and equipment all look weird and dont giu\ve you any description or anything, Im constantly picking up a rocket launcher thinking its a shotgun. And what does the equipment do? COuldnt figure that out. Also werent their Tanks in Warhawk? Or just hawks and jeeps?

#84 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

I would have rather had an Updated Warhawk style game, but this game is okay. Couple HUGE problems though. It needs to show what buildings your team has somewhere so everyone isnt just building the same thing. I hate the new knife, was much better in Warhawk. And the guns and equipment all look weird and dont giu\ve you any description or anything, Im constantly picking up a rocket launcher thinking its a shotgun. And what does the equipment do? COuldnt figure that out. Also werent their Tanks in Warhawk? Or just hawks and jeeps?

It does show the buildings on the mini-map. Though they need to be darker IMO.
Agree, I hate the quick knife. Bring it back as a selectable weapon.
They do look weird, but after a few games I got used to what they all look like.
What equipment?
Yep, there were tanks. I'm pretty sure Starhawk will have tanks, but for some reason they're not in the beta.

Few of my own observations:
I haven't noticed the lock on aim assist as infantry like I did in Warhawk. Don't know if I like this change or not. :lol:
I hate that you can't lose missile like you could in Warhawk.
There needs to be (or be better/more obvious) health bars in hawks and turrets and stuff.
Lock on notification needs to be more obvious when in hawks.
I don't like the building aspect. To me it detracts from gameplay the way it is now. I'd prefer some permanent buildings (say around the bases), then you can build away from the bases. I've seen people just put concentric circles of walls around the flag with turrets every couple feet. There should definitely be a limit on buildings in a certain area. It can get kinda ridiculous the way it is.
I don't like that the energy sucks to you from miles away. At the start of every round I play people will just shoot every barrel from the base to get enough energy to build a wall around the flag.

All I really wanted was Warhawk with new maps.

EDIT:
There's also air mines (at least I think that's what they are) for hawks. You pick up 4 at a time and they deploy 2 at a time.

#85 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Yeah its just really confusing overall. By equipment I mean the pickups that appear in your weapon menu in the corner spaces. I had one in the bottom left and one in the bottom right. One of them seemed like a wrench from Warhawk. The energy thing is just one more thing going nuts on the screen, could have done without it too. Oh and it looks like there is a lock on option in the menus. I hope its similar to Warhawk since its hard to kill multiple people in this one.

#86 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yeah its just really confusing overall. By equipment I mean the pickups that appear in your weapon menu in the corner spaces. I had one in the bottom left and one in the bottom right. One of them seemed like a wrench from Warhawk. The energy thing is just one more thing going nuts on the screen, could have done without it too. Oh and it looks like there is a lock on option in the menus. I hope its similar to Warhawk since its hard to kill multiple people in this one.

I know there's a repair tool somewhere that can be used to repair structures.
Not sure what the other one is. Seems like every time I play I get stuck in a loop on Space and I never see any equipment on that map. Just the repair tool on the other map.

Didn't notice the lock on option, gonna have to check that out next time I play.

#87 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

You have to be in your base to get rift energy to build things, so you're not getting any across the map unless your team's claimed some land in CTF. It's not forced on you, so you don't have to build anything if you're not interested in that aspect of the game.

The only issue that I have with it is that there's no indicators to let you know what's been built around you so you can find what you're looking for or build it if a certain structure isn't around. TDM should have some more pre-built structures since building stuff isn't that important in that mode, though they've started adding a few structure with the latest update.

I'm liking the beta a lot, as they've done a good job evolving some of the cooler aspects of Warhawk while adding some new stuff into the mix. I'm not one to really start running and gunning, so I hanging back, grabbing a jetpack, and flying to the top of buildings to snipe or take out enemy structures. The influx of new people makes me a bit of a better shot, so I'm getting more kills than I did before.

I just got a great kill as I managed to aim my drop pod to land right on an enemy vehicle that was driving around in my team's base to get two kills before I technically spawned into the match.

The only lock-on option I see in the options is for how you want missile lock-ons to work.

http://www.lightboxi...ter-basics.html

Here's a guide to the basics of controls and how the game works for those that want it.

#88 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

You have to be in your base to get rift energy to build things, so you're not getting any across the map unless your team's claimed some land in CTF. It's not forced on you, so you don't have to build anything if you're not interested in that aspect of the game.

The only issue that I have with it is that there's no indicators to let you know what's been built around you so you can find what you're looking for or build it if a certain structure isn't around. TDM should have some more pre-built structures since building stuff isn't that important in that mode, though they've started adding a few structure with the latest update.

I believe you get energy constantly anytime you're in an area you control, including spawn beacon (or whatever they're called), not just your base.

As I said above, the mini-map shows structures. The structures are faint and kinda hard to notice and you have to memorize what each shape indicates, but it's there.
Like, in this screen shot
Spoiler

the light green shapes on the map are buildings. I think the triangle is a hawk pad and the square is a bunker.

#89 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

I did say that it happens in bases and areas that your team's claimed, as I know the enemy claimed an area near our base in one of the CTF games I played.

It doesn't show structures. It just shows shapes. Blank shapes tell me nothing, but a picture of a Hawk, Jetpack, or Razorback or some other recognizable icons would tell me that those are spawn points for them. Same for supply depot, sniper towers, etc. Put on-screen indicators for structures like they do for the flag in CTF and I'd be even happier about it.

#90 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

I shouldn't be allowed to post while under the influence of a migraine. That's twice today I replied a post that I read but didn't see half of the words.

I like the indicators better the way they are than to have a ton of indicators over the screen like the way BF3 does with points/squadmates/teammates. Course... if BF3 indicators didn't glitch out all the time I might be indifferent.