Photo
- - - - -

Starhawk - Out Now - Sequel to Warhawk - 9/20: Coming to PSN! SP Free for PS+! 1.04!

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#151 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm having a blast with the online so far. After 600+ hours on Warhawk I was hesitant to this build and battle but I love it. The only problem is team mates. Right when it starts people will build duplicate unnecessary structures and it becomes a cluster Fuck. I was in a game last night with about 5 people talking and the team work and organization helped a lot and we won pretty easily. Is there a CAG clan? I'd join since this game is best played with people working together and talking.

#152 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

The trophy list doesn't look great for an MP game, as there are 100 win trophies for almost every gametype in the game along with a 1,000 kill trophy. I got the deadeye trophy for a 2,500+ ft sniper kill in my first full match, so I can probably get the easier trophies.

I still love the way Dylan Jobe's team handles servers and server browsers that nobody else really seems to be able to match. I'm looking forward to getting my rhythm down in zones matches with the proximity mines.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#153 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

If you're up for multiplayer, tonight's TNT at GiantBomb is Starhawk, so send a friend request to GiantBombing and you'll be invited to play when it starts at 7 PM ET/4 PM PT.

#154 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm having a blast with the online so far. After 600+ hours on Warhawk I was hesitant to this build and battle but I love it. The only problem is team mates. Right when it starts people will build duplicate unnecessary structures and it becomes a cluster Fuck. I was in a game last night with about 5 people talking and the team work and organization helped a lot and we won pretty easily. Is there a CAG clan? I'd join since this game is best played with people working together and talking.

Talking to people,man I'm not into that. And I been seeing a lot of base rape too.Hawks destroy from above and you can't do much if they keep destroying your bunkers.My other complaint no health bars on vehicles,turrets or structures.Not into this game.

#155 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm really starting to enjoy this game. It's different from the standard online shooter but I like it. I gave Warhawk a try when that first came out but for some reason I didn't care too much for it. I still don't have much an idea of what to do but feel free to add me to your friendlist if you're playing this. PSN id: JetTone.

#156 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

Definitely catching on.. Had a fun lil impromptu CAG session. Playing with mics makes all the difference.
Posted Image

#157 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

I'm really starting to enjoy this game. It's different from the standard online shooter but I like it. I gave Warhawk a try when that first came out but for some reason I didn't care too much for it. I still don't have much an idea of what to do but feel free to add me to your friendlist if you're playing this. PSN id: JetTone.

I know I had you in at least a few games. Dunno if that was with freaky and QiG or not lol. Did not make the connection. But I will add you when I hop on.

I still really think the hawks have way too much power. I can understand them taking you out with one shot if you are on a jet bike. but when they can take you out with one shot before you even know whats going on when you are in a TANK... and then it take you 3 or 4 shots to kill that same hawk when they are ont he ground... something is majorly wrong.

And is it just me or can you not lock onto hawks and jetpacks with the rocket launcher?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#158 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

Rocket launchers lock on to hawks just fine. Make sure you're holding down R1 to do that and not just L1.

#159 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

And is it just me or can you not lock onto hawks and jetpacks with the rocket launcher?

I believe you could. Hold R1 with the rocket launcher equipped. It works only on hawks and jetpacks only while they're in flight.

#160 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Did anyone form a CAG clan? If so, can I get an invite?
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#161 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

I don't think so. We're all looking for a leader to step up.

#162 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

I decided to just go ahead and make the clan since nobody else was going to. Sent a few invites to some of you guys already. So post or send me a message if you want an invite.

#163 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

Looking for CAGers or people who use there mics at all for this game. It is insanely fun when people communicate but that is a long shot. I just picked up a pair of astro a40s I need to put them to good use :D
PSN Microprobe

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#164 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I decided to just go ahead and make the clan since nobody else was going to. Sent a few invites to some of you guys already. So post or send me a message if you want an invite.

i'm down to join.
asthmatic

:-s

#165 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

im gonna play this online soon so add me!
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#166 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm gonna add a couple of you fools to my friends list, as I just got a PS3 and need some peeps to frag.

Don't know if I'll really be playing this beta that much, but maybe we could get a private CAG match together?

Wow, surprised you finally got a PS3. :D
Posted Image

#167 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

I'm the fence with this game, I played the beta, and while was blown away by the graphics and set pieces, I found it really hard to get any kills. Was I playing it wrong, I liked the air support drop in stuff, but the beta really didn't give ya any tutorial at all?

So should I get it? Or wait for a drop? That GameStop limited edition looks cool. Since its auto upgrade with first shipment, mine still has many.

Thanks guys.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#168 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Loving the MP on this game. But playing alone sucks (this is a PS3 problem, since this never happens to me on 360 games), no coordination/communication.

If you got a group add me. I can't play next week since I'm away, but I do play a day or two during the weekdays. (I'm also a Warhawk "vet", so I know how to defend a spot well, but again, its a team game, can't take out 3 tanks alone)

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#169 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

I picked up the limited edition last night for the hell of it. Played solo online and got obliterated lol. Great game though!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#170 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

:lol: I got an official PSN message last night from Sony with a code for two pieces of DLC(one for 'paintjobs' for vehicles in Starhawk based on Warhawk vehicles, the other for some DLC levels or whatever) thanking me for 'playing the beta'(which I never did).

Chances are it's going up on my TL of codes, since I'll probably start playing this once it drops to $10-15 used like I did with Warhawk and I don't really see myself playing anything but the basic game.:booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#171 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Invite me for co-op
Posted Image

#172 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

The more and more i look into this game, the more excited i get. The music reminds me of FIREFLY, as does some of the universe. As well as borderlands. Watched a campaign video, looks fun. Prob will get it friday!
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#173 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

The game is lacking documentation. I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to get a 2 player co-op multiplayer going, but I finally figured that out. As I am ranking it up says I am increasing my skill list and I see a spot for the skills but it's often grayed out so I can't see what I can do with it. I guess I just need to play it more. The controls for the game itself are fine, but there is definitely a learning curve to the rest.

#174 FrankySox

FrankySox

4 more than Lebron

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

I REALLY REALLY want to like this game but I just have no idea what the hell is going on. I've played through about half of the "campaign". Every time I jump into a game my team is just getting destroyed or I can't even break out of my hatch without having a Hawk ripping me apart. I'm assuming having a mic and working with a team is the only way this game is fun, otherwise it sucks. Is this correct? Like I said I really want to like this game but I feel like I'm wasting time after every multiplayer match I try.
CAREER STATS: 521 HR, .301 BA, .419 OBP, 2 MVPs, 0 STEROIDS
Posted Image Posted Image

#175 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

I haven't played in the last few days but that was happening to me too. The other team would just steamroll whatever team I was on. Hopefully things will be much better with the CAG clan since it's hard to have fun when you're losing and dying within seconds of spawning each time.

#176 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

I have been seeing lots of good things going on in recent gameplay that I was surprised to see, but in a good way. But I think the thing that stuck out the most is that arms heal structures also. I thought they just fixed vehicles but I was surprised to find out the heal everything. Some teammates put an arm in the middle of a shield and beam turrets and that combo lasted a long time. I was surprised how well it worked. Granted this requires TEAM WORK since these things take a good amount of rift. But if you are working as a team this could be a strong line of attack. And putting more than one arm also works and just helps to keep everything going that much longer.

And for the skills points - you have to be in a game to get into that menu - stupid if you ask me but oh well.

edit - and to prevent getting raped by the over powered hawks... play a ground pounder game. So much more fun (unless you are getting raped by tanks, but they are easier to take down than hawks are)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#177 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

I have been seeing lots of good things going on in recent gameplay that I was surprised to see, but in a good way. But I think the thing that stuck out the most is that arms heal structures also. I thought they just fixed vehicles but I was surprised to find out they heal everything. Some teammates put an arm in the middle of a shield and beam turrets and that combo lasted a long time. I was surprised how well it worked. Granted this requires TEAM WORK since these things take a good amount of rift. But if you are working as a team this could be a strong line of attack. And putting more than one arm also works and just helps to keep everything going that much longer.

I also did not know that. That's amazing... Going to start doing that to any shields I built, those things are way to easy to destroy. Same with the tank station. :)

#178 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, using the repair arm next to a wall that is constantly attacked is an awesome combo. I discovered it's usefulness in the SP.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#179 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Here's something I saw the other team doing and I thought it was a great idea. They would land their Hawks on floating rocks and cliffs up high and build a beam/flak turret and then an arm next to it to keep repairing it. They had a bunch and it was a great tactic and annoying as hell flying that round lol.

#180 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

http://www.lightboxi...s-now-live.html

Update 1.02 is out now:

Very, *VERY* early this morning at 4am Central time we performed world-wide server maintenance and deployed a new patch for Starhawk. The patch is focused on resolving the most common crashes as well as providing a new automatic system of recording any network errors that players encounter. There were however a few other things that were included in the patch so here's the full list:

Fixed for the prominent Crashes & Locks
Added automated network disconnect error-reporting
Fixed missing sound FX for when missiles are dodged
Fixed XP display for players already at the first-tier level cap of 50
Fixed Server-List so it can scroll properly and display the full-set of global games
Fixed texture paging bug that sometimes caused a blank Uplink
Fixed the Sweet-Tooth's awesome butcher's blade accessory
Fixed the bug causing only 4 players to be allowed into your Homeworld
Fixed bug that caused the Clan Leader board to scroll incorrectly
Fixed Server-List filter on full games to work properly

As we've mentioned before, the team here at LightBox Interactive is working on another game balance update and we'll be providing you the list of all of the changes next week! We're also hearing our community "Loud & Clear" on our voice issues. The team at LightBox Interactive has spent many days debugging what the issue is and we've relayed that information to our Network team at SONY. They are currently investigating a fix and we'll be sure to keep you all posted!

We are very thankful of our community's patience and we are fully committed to making sure the Starhawk experience continues to improve with Updates and Patches as well as grow with FREE downloadable maps!

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 12 June 2012 - 11:45 PM.