The Nightmare Before Christmas $18.49 (blu-ray + DVD combo)

Damn, one of the few movies that never seems to get cheap on any format. This may be the best price I'll see on it...

i remember about 2 years ago the first release with the DC was on amazon for $15.49 during the holidays. I didnt pull the trigger then and its never been that price again.

Now its $18.49 and you get a dvd instead of the DC, im still on the fence about it tho

The BD + DC version is trading in right now at Amazon for $8, so you'd net the BD + DVD version for $10.49.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for the 3D version that's supposed to come out later this year or early next. Well according to Disney's ad in Home Media Magazine.

Was told by a BB employee they'd price match Amazon, so I intend on trying to get this price there and use my Disney coupon...of course, I'd hate to print it out and be denied since it expires like a month after you print.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Waiting for the 3D version that's supposed to come out later this year or early next. Well according to Disney's ad in Home Media Magazine.[/QUOTE]

Nightmare Before Christmas 3D is good. I managed to see it when it had a limited release years ago, and I think that 3D works really well for stop-motion stuff. Coraline is still my favorite use of 3D in a film, actually. I probably won't even think about a 3DTV for the better part of a decade but when I do get one, I hope I can track down NBC3D :lol:

It's probably better in my memory than in reality because it was one of the first films to employ the new 3D technology. It was out of place in spots and muted throughout a lot of the film, which is definitely because it wasn't natively shot in 3D, but for its time it was a fair visual spectacle.

I generally have a negative opinion of the 3D phenomenon, but the way it works with stop-motion animation has always been kind of enjoyable to me. I'd probably watch 3D versions of James and the Giant Peach and Corpse Bride if they were done at a high level of quality and the effects weren't obnoxious.

Don't get me wrong, I still remember loving it. But a lot of that was due to me being a huge NBC fan & just enjoying getting to see it in the theater (I had missed it the first time around).

I got this at Target for 19.99 - 8.00 upgrade coupon = 11.99. Depending on how much I sell my DVD copy for, this Blu Ray upgrade might be close to free. Plus it COMES with another copy of a DVD of the movie!

[quote name='typical guy']I got this at Target for 19.99 - 8.00 upgrade coupon = 11.99. Depending on how much I sell my DVD copy for, this Blu Ray upgrade might be close to free. Plus it COMES with another copy of a DVD of the movie![/QUOTE]#-o never even thought to try Target! Didn't realize the coupon worked there... do they take competitor coupons or something?

[quote name='typical guy']No, it's the upgrade coupon:
https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html[/QUOTE]Yeah I had that thing but I never got around to using it. I looked over the list of participating retailers, and the only ones near me were Best Buy and Walmart. That's why I was so surprised to hear about it being used at Target; I'd be shocked if it was on the list and I somehow missed it.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Waiting for the 3D version that's supposed to come out later this year or early next. Well according to Disney's ad in Home Media Magazine.[/QUOTE]I think that might be the best idea, since the 3D release is likely to be 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD + DC, like the other past releases.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Yeah I had that thing but I never got around to using it. I looked over the list of participating retailers, and the only ones near me were Best Buy and Walmart. That's why I was so surprised to hear about it being used at Target; I'd be shocked if it was on the list and I somehow missed it.[/QUOTE]

Target is listed there. By the way, the rumor was that the link was only good till the end of last year if you submitted the UPC last year. Well I submitted mine well over a year ago and was still able to print it yesterday. That said, I had already printed it once previously and it wouldn't let me print it again.

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/retailerList.html
Best Buy Co Inc Bjs Wholesale Club Inc Hq Blockbuster Borders Disney Stores Disneyland Resort Kmart Corp/Hq Meijer Inc Nebraska Furniture Mart Sears Roebuck & Co Target Corp Toys R Us Transworld Wal-Mart Walt Disney World Resort

bread's done
Back