Cheap Ass Gamer E3 2011 Party - Wednesday, 6/8 at Broadway Bar

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

I live downtown. It would be stupid of me not to go. You'll see me there.

#32 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

Hope they have a Ms. Pac Man machine at this bar like the last one.

#33 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

I live downtown. It would be stupid of me not to go. You'll see me there.

Bring my Sidekick!

#34 ChristHBK

ChristHBK

IXA Judgement, Rise Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Definitively not missing this year... Live Downtown as well... (L.A. represent!!)

Looking forward to talking shop with you guys....
Posted Image

#35 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'll try and make it over to downtown from the Westside.

#36 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Bring my Sidekick!

Haha. You got it.

#37 randomzebra

randomzebra

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

will be there! nothing better than getting drunk after a fun day at E3 :) see you fellow gamers there

#38 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

That's gonna be a long day! E3, then back to NoHo to do some VO with Richard Horvitz 'til at least 10...will swing by afterwards...prolly by 11. Looking forward!

You're in the VO industry? Just wondering, do you still have to pay for your way in to e3?

#39 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Yep, I've been a VO actor for 5 years, did a couple games within the past year and hungry for more.

VO aren't generally considered "directly employed" by the industry, not like an artist, producer, director or programmer. Though there may be a way to qualify for this, it'd be difficult to show a check from EA or 2KGames, thereby proving "directly" employed, as EA or 2K sends the check to the agency, and the agency sends a check to me, minus commission. As freelance, I'd say we're really "professionally affiliated", so we'll get hit with the $500 badge fee, but can still attend. (At least, I think so.)

Of course you can always get in for "free" by working at the show, too, which I did once back when I was host of Microsoft's floor presentation for the launch of Xbox Live at E3 2003. Got the job because I knew what a lava gun was in Mech Assault, and their other final casting selection didn't. But if you're working at the show, it's tough to leave your area. And being a host means you can't move one inch, as Itagaki, Molyneux and every other developer is waiting in the wings for the next presentation.

As for this year, I have a friend working some magic, so I skirt the entire issue. I know another VO talent trying to get in, though, but given that the April 25th deadline has passed, he'll get hit with $500 whether qualifying for "directly employed" or "professionally affiliated". If I find out one way or the other, I'll post an update to that effect.

Edited by Kylearan, 31 May 2011 - 08:15 PM.
updated info

#40 Toddwrtr

Toddwrtr

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a safe, inexpensive place to park other than the Convention Center? That place locks up at midnight, so I can't park there if I'm going to party after the show.

#41 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

Yep, I've been a VO actor for 5 years, did a couple games within the past year and hungry for more.

VO aren't generally considered "directly employed" by the industry, not like an artist, producer, director or programmer. Though there may be a way to qualify for this, it'd be difficult to show a check from EA or 2KGames, thereby proving "directly" employed, as EA or 2K sends the check to the agency, and the agency sends a check to me, minus commission. As freelance, I'd say we're really "professionally affiliated", so we'll get hit with the $500 badge fee, but can still attend. (At least, I think so.)

Of course you can always get in for "free" by working at the show, too, which I did once back when I was host of Microsoft's floor presentation for the launch of Xbox Live at E3 2003. Got the job because I knew what a lava gun was in Mech Assault, and their other final casting selection didn't. But if you're working at the show, it's tough to leave your area. And being a host means you can't move one inch, as Itagaki, Molyneux and every other developer is waiting in the wings for the next presentation.

As for this year, I have a friend working some magic, so I skirt the entire issue. I know another VO talent trying to get in, though, but given that the April 25th deadline has passed, he'll get hit with $500 whether qualifying for "directly employed" or "professionally affiliated". If I find out one way or the other, I'll post an update to that effect.

Cool. Been trying to break into voiceover myself.

#42 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

Where the ladies at =b

#43 StReEtWaLkeR

StReEtWaLkeR

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

I going to this for the second time. Last I met some Stuttering Craig from Screwattack and then some ppl gave few drinks thought I work. We ended up wasted & I drove home safely. I'm hoping to meet CheapyD this time around.

#44 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

Can anyone recommend a safe, inexpensive place to park other than the Convention Center? That place locks up at midnight, so I can't park there if I'm going to party after the show.

There are a ton of lots near the Convention Center, but kinda hard to narrow one down. Just pull in, ask what time they close, and make sure you keep your keys. If you need to move your car after E3, just drive and park near the bar. Street parking available all over the place down there.

#45 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

Near the Staple center, i believe the parking will close at 2am. As for the location of the party, you can usually find regular parking around the street.

As for myself, i'll be taking the shuttle or taxi cab since i'll be staying at a local hotel in the area.

#46 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:52 AM

Well, I received an e-mail today informing me that I won the PS blog contest, and will be a "guest of playstation" at E3. I've been wanting to go since '98 and am taking this chance to fly out to LA and finally go to E3, the Mecca of gamers. Looking forward to the CAG shindig as well, can't wait to see all you guys there!

#47 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

Well, I received an e-mail today informing me that I won the PS blog contest, and will be a "guest of playstation" at E3. I've been wanting to go since '98 and am taking this chance to fly out to LA and finally go to E3, the Mecca of gamers. Looking forward to the CAG shindig as well, can't wait to see all you guys there!

Congrats

#48 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

I've never been to E3. This is going to be my first time being in LA during the event. I don't have passes to the event, but if I head out towards the convention center, is there going to be anything going on or give aways or anything worthwhile? Or should I just stay home and watch the conferences from here?

#49 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

I've never been to E3. This is going to be my first time being in LA during the event. I don't have passes to the event, but if I head out towards the convention center, is there going to be anything going on or give aways or anything worthwhile? Or should I just stay home and watch the conferences from here?

There's going to be small giveaways around the area but all the good swag will be inside. I can't wait.

#50 MDK2002

MDK2002

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

I am there for sure!

#51 okiran

okiran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

I think my Wednesday night is free.

#52 criss oliver

criss oliver

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

i work just a few blocks from there. im walking over when i get off. Hell Yeah!

#53 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

Oh man, I made plans with a friend to go, but he gets home from work after 8:00pm. The line is going to be a nightmare for us.

#54 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'm working at off-site events during the whole week. Perhaps I'll be able to come by if I'm not required at the job site.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#55 h1gh3r_l1m1ts

h1gh3r_l1m1ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I'm there...
Your greatest enemy is your own Inner Perception, is your own Ignorance, is your own Ego! The Ego is the worst confidence trickster we could ever figure, we could ever imagine 'cause you never see it!

#56 endlessxshadow

endlessxshadow

HAVE AT THEE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

my birthday is on tuesday might be a good way to celebrate >_>

#57 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

Super excited for this party, but the fact that there's 700 people who RSVPd in a 350 capacity building makes me think I'll have a hard time getting in :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Oh man! I missed last year. I know I am not well known around the site but I'd like to attend. I mean, I'll be subwaying it through the area to and from work anyway and I'd like to meet some folks... What are the chances I can get in If I get there around 8pm? Lol
Posted Image

#59 Agent 0017

Agent 0017

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

are we gonna have a super special secret handshake like last time, or is the mere mention of the coupon train good enough to let ppl know that you're a cag?
xD
"I Ball So Hard That Nyukas Wanna Find Me"
- Waldo

#60 Agent 0017

Agent 0017

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

I assume they'll make a list from the FB pre-regs. If not, the fact that people are lining up for free booze proves they're at least 2/3s of a CAG.

precisely this, last time it was like 800 ppl rsvp'd and only 500 showed, so i'm guessing this will pan out about the same...
in for 2...
see ya'll there...
"I Ball So Hard That Nyukas Wanna Find Me"
- Waldo