CAGcast #239: Super Turban Wearing Black People Online Edition HD Remix: ETG

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

This CAGcast was listener generated, so if you don't like, it's probably your fault. Submit questions or topics for next week's show via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 78 minutes, 48MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Deluxe Hosting for the price of Economy = CAGECO

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 15 May 2011 - 01:31 AM.

#2 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

Just in time for me to listen to while I walk the dog.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#3 Earmuffin585

Earmuffin585

Modding Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

best title of all time
Posted Image

#4 Gimgak

Gimgak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

I was there when that work of art was done, listening now.
Posted Image

#5 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

guys clip show come on
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

Edit: Wrong section.

Anyway glad a new show is on.

#7 dsingh2007

dsingh2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

Awesome, I added some stuff to the outline.

Shipwreck, hang in there man, hope you will be alright soon.

#8 SuperTongue

SuperTongue

CAG Creeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Glad to hear that my "Thuglife" addition, as well as my added section "CheapyD's Rubbers & Shit Corner" made an appearance on the show.

Really looking forward to another user-generated show in the future, great show as usual!
Posted Image

Posted Image

:3ds: 3DS Friend Code: 4167 - 4522 - 4223

#9 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

I LOVE the title lol

#10 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

I'm with Shipwreck on downloading every single piece of free content that you can since they charge for most things on XBL and PSN. You've got to take what you can get.

Seems like this came out just a bit too early since PSN seems to be going up across the country right now.

#11 eberm72492

eberm72492

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:53 AM

I really enjoyed this episode, you guys should do a user generated show at least once a month or something around that line.

#12 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

So what about the scat related delay?

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#13 MattJ1991

MattJ1991

Cheap Ass Matthew

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

I didn't really like this episode, although there was some very funny parts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 crobledo4116

crobledo4116

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for the show!

#15 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

I think wombat saying he is funny, is not so funny.
Shipwreck hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm... nice contribution? Seriously not much input you should work on it.

Cheapy... That wasn't enough info on your hawaii vacation I wanted to know places you went to and specs for that mac.

overall, I think it was short because of the missed week. Seemed to be a little uninspired this week also.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#16 Bainmarny

Bainmarny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

That was a pretty cheapass show, but if Little Big Planet taught us anything it's that user created content is more shit and penis pictures, less substance.

I still enjoyed it though.

#17 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

I liked it, and I didn't even contribute to the google doc. Looking forward to the upcoming E3 predictions and excitement. Can't wait to hear about the 8th gen consoles and hopefully it's not all about improved motion and 3d. Also, i've been looking for another good book about japan from an outsiders perspective ever since i read Tokyo Vice. So thanks for mentioning Black Passenger Yellow Cab, I'm about to go order that off amazon.

PS shipwreck don't die from the gingercancer, your the perfect counterbalance to the shits and dicks that are cheapy and wombat. Chop that shit off your face before it's too late!

#18 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

The show was pretty ok, the reason it wasn't great was no fault of the outline though, it was the length. Seriously guys, start doing longer shows so you can go out on tangents and spend some time on them without needing to rush. There's nothing worse than when hosts rush a show. Most of the podcasts i listen to today (bombcast for example) are 120-150minutes long, this is 78 :/

Edited by Swoxx, 15 May 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#19 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Great show one of the best in a long time, perhaps every 10th show could be user generated. I didn't get to input but it turned out great any way, and I much prefer Wombat's GoDaddy slogan "Its godaddy or go Fuck yourself" gets a laugh from every time. Thanks guys.

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#20 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

The show was pretty ok, the reason it wasn't great was no fault of the outline though, it was the length. Seriously guys, start doing longer shows so you can go out on tangents and spend some time on them without needing to rush. There's nothing worse than when hosts rush a show. Most of the podcasts i listen to today (bombcast for example) are 120-150minutes long, this is 78 :/

The insane time zone difference, combined with our family lives, produces a pretty short window for us to record. While I'm just starting my day, these guys have already worked full days and are ready to crash (especially Wombat). He's got another kid inbound so 2hr+ shows are probably not realistic.

#21 Jake Tower

Jake Tower

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Damn! I wasn't checking Twitter recently so I missed the chance to contribute to the user-generated CAG outline. PENIS! PENIS! PENIS!
Posted Image

#22 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

The insane time zone difference, combined with our family lives, produces a pretty short window for us to record. While I'm just starting my day, these guys have already worked full days and are ready to crash (especially Wombat). He's got another kid inbound so 2hr+ shows are probably not realistic.

Yeah I of course realize this. Maybe I was a bit harsh. I've listened since the 50th or so episode, so It's just the fact that I love your guys show so much that I want more. Anything is better than nothing so keep it up, i critique out of love!

Cheers

Edited by Swoxx, 15 May 2011 - 02:42 PM.
typos

#23 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

The Bombcast is recorded during work hours as part of their job.

But I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck will do some 2-man CAGcasts when Wombat is unavailable due to the new baby.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#24 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

The Bombcast is recorded during work hours as part of their job.

But I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck will do some 2-man CAGcasts when Wombat is unavailable due to the new baby.

Yeah I know, you make a good point. It's way harder for these guys to do it. But most people agree that a longer cagcast would be better. And a better podcast would serve cag in the end

#25 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Wombat, you should probably read this in your mocking voice.

The new My Little Ponies still have tramp stamps.
As for the ponies in the Wombat house, my guess is that the pink one is Pinkie Pie. The blue one is probably Rainbow Dash. Here's what they look like in the new show.

Posted Image Posted Image

I don't have any children; I just started watching it when I read the A.V. Club's review and haven't looked back since.

sig.gif

#26 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

What did you guys think of the end of the Joystiq Podcast, at least as we have known it?
[cp][/cp]

#27 GreatRedDragon

GreatRedDragon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

I disagree. I don't think any podcast should be longer than 60 minutes with a grace period of 90 minutes. I listen to a lot of podcasts and I can't dedicate 3 hours at a time to listen to my shows. I also find it somewhat disorienting to stop listening to a podcast in the middle and pick it up again the next day. I was checking out the Giant Bombcast and I decided not to subscribe to it on account of the length.

Also, I was surprised and disappointed that the crew let the Flight of the Conchords reference go right over their heads in the beginning of the episode. I thought you guys had HBO and liked stuff that's really awesome. :-k

#28 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

I have to agree with CheapyD on this one. Time Zone differences combined with family responsibilities makes it difficult to pull something that long together. Be thankful of what we have so far and be very happy they haven't canceled because no one has time anymore. It *may* happen one day because all good things must come to an end.

I would like to hear more guests on the show...maybe once every month or two. It can be anyone..from someone in the gaming industry to some random dude CheapyD pulled off the street. :D I dunno surprise us one day.

#29 Lobster

Lobster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

Cheapy, I want you to have a look at this guy's blog: http://www.illdoctrine.com/

You probably won't agree with a lot of what he says, but I'd like to focus on one point. He says that there is a distinct difference between accusing someone of doing something racist, and accusing them of BEING a racist. He also says that accusing them of being a racist is a much easier charge because they can always say, "I'm not and you can't prove that I am."

I don't believe you're a racist, Cheapy. I do believe that a lot of what you say is racist, and you think it's funny because it's racist, and you think it's funny that some people DON'T think it's funny because it's racist.

Even though I don't think you're racist, I don't think the racist jokes are funny (though I understand you love Howard Stern, who has taught you that offending people for no reason is the height of comedy). I also think that when you go out of your way to say racist things (even though you are not a racist) just to get a rise out of the minority (singular) still listening to your show, that's trolling. I don't think that's funny either.

At the end of the day, there is a difference between a racist and someone who does or says racist things. That difference is far more significant to the non-racist than it is to anyone else. Because Cheapy? When you say racist things, you are still saying racist things. It doesn't matter how much of a racist you aren't.

Cheapy, there are lots of other ways for you to be funny. Calling your show "Super Turban Wearing Black People Online Edition HD Remix: ETG" is funny because it's a ridiculously long title. Not because of the "Turban Wearing Black People" part. The fact that you threw that in there to try to troll people is offensive to me. Not because you relate to anyone as a "Turban Wearing Black Person," but because you're trying to troll me and you're intentionally disrespecting your black listeners because, ha ha, you can get them to think you're a racist even though you're not, joke's on them, they're wrong, so that makes whatever horrible thing you just said A-OK, doesn't it?

#30 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

The title is a reference to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. Cheapy also probably had nothing to do with making the title, he probably just went along with it to continue the "community-generated" theme.

sig.gif