CAGcast #239: Super Turban Wearing Black People Online Edition HD Remix: ETG

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 colkdry

colkdry

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Hey cheapy
I LOVED THE SHOW :)

I just wanted to ask if i can attend your E3 party if I'm under 18 (I'm 17)
Thank You in advance

#32 Energy Penguin

Energy Penguin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

The Bombcast is longer, but I never make it to the end. The last third or so is boring. Better to have a tighter, more focused cast than a long drawn out one where the hosts and listeners are begging for it to end. Although I don't know if I would call the cagcast focused, still my favorite.

#33 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

With the My Little Pony talk how did you guys not talk about Apocalypse Pony from Robot Chicken?
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#34 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Don't know who made fun of cheapy for asking about "apps" for his computer, but come on.

App is short for application. Any computer program can be called an application.

..especially on a mac, where an application's file extension is .app

#35 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

I love the cagcast. It's fantabulous. Reading over the comments here I realized how grateful I am that I don't have anyone like the Lobster (above) in my life. To me he's a boring fascist. I find it easier to cut out overly defensive prickly people. As far as I'm concerned worrying about skin color is as ridiculous as worrying about eye color or the length of someone's earlobes. I think assessing and discussing the problems with different sub-cultures (as Chris Rock does) is very helpful, but race issues are only going to get more and more bogged down (if that's possible) if people like the obsessed Lobster have their way.

#36 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

Just to clarify, while IBM divested their floundering personal computer and laptop line 5-6 years ago, they are still very much in the hardware business. The IBM server and mainframe business accounted for over 18 billion dollars in revenue in 2010. Watson on Jeopardy was basically an infomercial to drum up interest in selling a new hardware solution aimed at research and medical industries.

#37 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Cheapy, go watch Anchorman.

Shipwreck and Wombat, go watch DD Director's Cut.

Open up your minds.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#38 RisenShadow

RisenShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

Did you ever notice that people are utter pigs about taking shits in their workplace? I've worked in several places where an unknown employee somehow managed to miss the bowl (not just pee) or didn't flush, or left skid marks ON the seat. DO they do that at home? Seriously, how can people be THAT that disgusting and sloppy?

#39 padumavati

padumavati

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

For the record, My Little Sea Ponies were AWESOME. True, they were the most fun in the tub or the pool (they had little floats), but they were still fun.
In an effort to be somewhat game related, I really like the Expert Analysts section. I find it amusing and it's interesting to hear the logic behind your choices.
Also, supposedly PS3 trade-ins are up right now, so hopefully it'll put some downward pressure on used prices and I can go get me some cheap Portal 2. And for some reason, I can still watch Netflix on my PS3. Haven't checked around to see how many other people can, though.

#40 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Great show gentlemen.

Cheapy, you walked into the same trap that other people have in calling PSN free. PSN is included in the price of the PS hardware. If you take the position that it is free, then Sony can pull the plug at any time and as a consumer, you would not have any recourse. If they didn't sell games such as MAG or Warhawk, that are online only, I think there is a stronger argument. The fact that online only games are offered, means that online is integral to the experience.

Fortunately, PSN is up and hopefully we will not go back down.
Posted Image

#41 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Did you ever notice that people are utter pigs about taking shits in their workplace? I've worked in several places where an unknown employee somehow managed to miss the bowl (not just pee) or didn't flush, or left skid marks ON the seat. DO they do that at home? Seriously, how can people be THAT that disgusting and sloppy?

You are correct. I've worked at my job for 6 years and so far I've heard of 4 or 5 bowel movements being done on the floor. But every time it was done in the womens restroom. Women are disgusting. That's backed up even more by the horror stories about similar stuff being done in dressing rooms in the store my wife used to work at. Poop, pissing in bags, used tampons...just...horrific.

#42 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

Wombat,

I am curious as to what type of Keurig coffee do you like? I have been hooked on Wolfgang Puck's Jamaica Me Crazy lately, I also like the Donut Shop coffee. I tend to like a medium roast. Dark is too strong and the light is like water.

Sorry to hear your machine broke, I would go nuts without mine, We got the 70 model from Costco on a special with 60 k-cups for 139. I would imagine newborn or not you will be getting a new machine soon if you already haven't
122445.png

#43 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

I think you really overstated the effects of the PSN outage on the publishers/developers. Obviously it will have a significant effect, but to state that Arcana Hearts won't sell any copies due to a 3-4 week delay? C'mon. I'd wager that there are very few people (if any) that were planning on buying Arcana Hearts but won't because of a delay. Financials will be delayed, but not completely lost.

The smart thing to do would be to stagger the release of content until they are caught up, and provide gratis advertising for the new releases. And if they wanted to be really cool, select some of the delayed games as the free games Sony is giving away. That'd never happen though.

#44 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

I swear that wombat's daughter has been two years old for about 2 years now. There was a time when i thought she was the same age as my daughter (she'll be 4 in june).

I would advise that you avoid kinectimals for a few years wombat. I tried it again recently with my daughter and it was a frustrating experience. "Move your hand up, down, down, up, up , left, no left, up, ok hold it there, hold it, no up, up, right, hold it there, hold it there." And that's just to get her to start the game.

#45 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

I am siding with wombat on the success of the 3DS. . . i think the second generation will be more successful. The $250 price tag is just too high, and a reduction of $50 will not help. Do you really think a large amount of people would spend $200 for a 7 year old? I think they would just get them a regular DS.

#46 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

Please discuss Carebears on the next show.

First CheapyD falls for the hype and gets a 3DTV, then buys a 3DS he'll never turn on again. But now Wombat got a Kinect? Such a sad day, Oprah rules you all.

#47 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

The title is a reference to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. Cheapy also probably had nothing to do with making the title, he probably just went along with it to continue the "community-generated" theme.

I was the one who did the Super Turbo HD Remix Tribute... Actually at one point it was:

Super Community De-Generated xXx Hyper Turbo #Reloaded HD Remix 5D’s 3D Double DD (with Pre-Order DLC) [Retailer Specific] Ultimate Ultra Limited Extreme Legendary Hardened Prestige Anniversary Edition: Evolved: The Movie: Part 1: The Reckoning: Origins: Awakening Episode 2: Electric Boogaloo

Then the Racist people came in and changed it.

On a side note, that is the second time my CAG user name has been said on a CAG cast!! I am gunning for you Frisky Tanuki ;)
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#48 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

You are correct. I've worked at my job for 6 years and so far I've heard of 4 or 5 bowel movements being done on the floor. But every time it was done in the womens restroom. Women are disgusting. That's backed up even more by the horror stories about similar stuff being done in dressing rooms in the store my wife used to work at. Poop, pissing in bags, used tampons...just...horrific.

I can't stop laughing lolololololol

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#49 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Another great show guys, keep up the great work!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#50 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

I can't stop laughing lolololololol

I've experienced a male employee with a urine infection pissing blood all over the urinal/walls and didn't clean it up. People are downright nasty when they think it's another persons responsibility to clean up their mess. Makes me sick.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#51 HOVA uk

HOVA uk

Residential Fart Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Where's that spiderman theme from? it's frikkin fab.

the only time i need the intro details and its not there. :(

#52 padumavati

padumavati

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:47 AM

Please discuss Carebears on the next show.

WE CARE.

Edit: Stupid automatic video-embedment for jerks.

#53 sinewav

sinewav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Dear Wombat - Why no love for Iron Man 2? I agree that it is much weaker than the 1st and it did hack up the Whiplash/Crimson stories but the humor and action made it at least popcorn flick worthy. Dare I ask why you won't even acknowledge its existence?

Dear CheapyD - You are emerging more and more as the "Indie Film guy" with your apparent consistent hatred of many if not all of Hollywood blockbusters, in this show it was Pirates (of which I would humbly suggest giving at least the 1st a shot). Also you immediately wrote off the new Lego title. As a father of a son just a few years older than yours, you would be making a mistake to write off any Lego title as nearly all are some of the best Kid friendly coop titles in the entire 360 portfolio, pirates included. Conincidentally my son's first interest was in racing games, and when he switched from watching me play the Lego titles were his baby steps into gaming.

Dear Shipwreck - Just nitpicking on your NPD analysis where you implied that MC sold more than Portal 2 by a large margin. You failed to factor in one variable - Steam sales.

#54 GameHobo

GameHobo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

Iron Man 2 was horrible. It was the red headed step child to iron man.