Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/15/11 to 5/21/11)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hello my fellow CAGers back in black with more Best Buy ads for ya!

Nintendo Wii (Includes Mario Kart/Wii Wheel)>>>>>$149.99

Available in both Black and White
*No word on what the price of Wii w/WSR and Wii Sports*

Save $10 with purchase of BOTH Wii Wheel and Wii Remote
Wii Wheel (Black or White)>>>>>$14.99
Wii Remote Plus (Any Color)>>>>>$39.99

Wii Select Titles $19.99 each
  • Animal Crossing City Folk
  • Mario Super Sluggers
  • Wii Sports
  • Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

BUY 2 WII GAMES GET 3RD FREE

Valid on Titles $29.99 and up

:360::ps3: L.A. Noire>>>>>$59.99

FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase (though right now BB.com is matching TRU's sale for a $15 GC.
LINK:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=294443 This might reflect in-stores YMMV)
Includes Best Buy Exclusive 'Sharpshooter Detective Suit'

L.A. Noire Guide>>>>>$14.99
L.A. Noire Limited Edition Guide>>>>>$24.99

PS3 DualShock 3 Controller>>>>>$39.99
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#2 SgtMcQuacks

SgtMcQuacks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

I'm really hoping one of these weeks Best Buy has a deal on something I actually want.

#3 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

Thank you OP, I guess just LA Noire for me this week.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

I'm glad they are offering a GC with La Noire during release week although it's only $10 at the moment and not $15. Perhaps they will change that to reflect the $15 they are currently offering online. I would consider taking the $5 hit not to have to wait for them to mail the gift cards to me because they have screwed it up in the past

#5 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

I would pick up Lost in Shadow but I can't think of two other Wii titles best buy would have instock at $30 that I would want.

#6 Orangekun842

Orangekun842

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thanks OP, been waiting for PS3 controller to be cheap.

#7 rpgfan

rpgfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Will Amazon PM B2G1 ? :D

#8 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I would pick up Lost in Shadow but I can't think of two other Wii titles best buy would have instock at $30 that I would want.

Yeah - not sure what else there is that I desperately need. Might as well check the website anyway :p
Posted Image

#9 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

Lost in Shadow, huh? I might have see what that's all about. What are some other $29.99 games that you all recommend? I might be getting a Wii soon.

I also wanted Gunblade/L.A. Machineguns, but it appears to an outlet item and dropped to $19.99. I might just get that by itself if there's nothing else worth it at my local store. Are outlet items online usually the same price in-store?

#10 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

Waiting for a $100 Wii as for the ad I'm more interested in the unadvertised deals since they've been really good lately plus they tend to mirror most of the stores ads anyways.

#11 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

The only good deals they seem to have are those buy two get one free deals for the ps3 greatest bits games.otherwise i rearly shop there,though i did manage so snag the Last copy of metal gear peace walker at my local bestia buy.that game is becoming hard to find.Probibly cause psp umds are being phased out and those games will be avalible online for the ngp

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

And my god does the Wii libary suck ! Worst 240 dollars ive ever spent.i gave mind to my girlfriend a couple of years ago.i only regret missing out on donkey kong but thats it.i was dissapointed in smash brothers cause the floaty physics killed the game for me.Why couldnt they give you the option to use melee physics ? It made showing my moves almost impossible

Edited by strait edge follower, 13 May 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#13 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Are all the colors of the dualschock ps3 40$???

Also does bestbuy have the jungle green controller?? Its not listed on their website

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#14 Setherial

Setherial

Angel of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

I could of sworn that the L.A. Noire Limited Edition Guide was cancelled and only the regular guide would be available. Has this changed? I searched best buy online, gamestop and amazon and no one seems to have this limited edition guide listed. Can the OP or someone please advise on this?

Edit: also I had another questions, If I pre-order The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and also purchased Donkey Kong Country Returns, would I be able to get New Super Mario Bros for free? Reason i'm asking is because these are the only 3 Wii games I'm interested in and I'm not sure if this deal works with pre-orders.

Edited by Setherial, 13 May 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#15 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

I could of sworn that the L.A. Noire Limited Edition Guide was cancelled and only the regular guide would be available. Has this changed? I searched best buy online, gamestop and amazon and no one seems to have this limited edition guide listed. Can the OP or someone please advise on this?

I was wondering the same thing. I have searched and searched and can't find any info on the limited edition guide.
Posted Image

#16 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Theres a limited edition ? Must be vaporware cause i havent seen it. can anyone conferm this ? would apreciate it

#17 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

hmmm i wonder what color the wii/mario kart bundle is... if its the RED one im'a have to jump on it... dealbreaker!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 tigstah

tigstah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Thanks OP, been waiting for PS3 controller to be cheap.

me too. cant play my ps3 right now cause my controller wont work.

#19 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Thanks much, OP.

I'll certainly be in for L.A. Noire with that price match. I was tempted with sticking with the Gamestop pre-order for the bonus mission but I's much rather prefer saving some cash instead. I also have some holes to fill in for my Wii library so I'll be checking out some of the prices to see if I can take advantage of that B2G1 sale. Outside of Donkey Kong Country Returns, I'm not sure what else I'd want from there yet.

14610.png

#20 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Also does bestbuy have the jungle green controller?? Its not listed on their website

Yes it is on all colors, the Jungle Green Controller I've only seen at Gamestop as far as B&M stores. Our Best Buy never not a single one in, so I'm guessing you're S.O.L. on that.

I was wondering the same thing. I have searched and searched and can't find any info on the limited edition guide.

Well not too sure, the ad clearly states it. But yeah you can't really find a listing for it anywhere.

hmmm i wonder what color the wii/mario kart bundle is... if its the RED one im'a have to jump on it... dealbreaker!

The Wii/Mario Kart Bundle ONLY comes in Black and White with matching Wii Wheel. The Red Wii was a Mario 25th Anniversary which is crazy hard to find.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#21 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

odd I can't find anything proving that LE guide exists

#22 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

That is a sick ass deal for Wii games. Sadly the only Wii game that I would buy is the new DKC ($30 or less is my price).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

me too. cant play my ps3 right now cause my controller wont work.

I think best buy still has that dualshock plus game bundle for 35.you het a cheaper controler and a free game.and even of you have the game already you can still use it as trade bait.

#24 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:26 PM

so what's the deal here? If they're only offering a $10 GC in store, can't I just price match TRU's offer and just pay $45 instead of getting the gift card?

I got racks up in my pocket racks up in my pocket

I got thots all in my phone callin me bitch stop it

1400 for this belt this aint no damn versace

and I smokin on this dope while I been gettin money

50s 100s 20s oh my goodness

I need my money machine to count this shit for me

#25 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

I thought that Brady Games cancelled the limited edition guide. Both Amazon and Gamestop have taken it down from their site.

#26 Cicchetti

Cicchetti

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

Most of our stores do not have it. At least in the North East.

#27 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

WalMart has Jungle Green for $6 more.

http://www.walmart.c...tion-3/15730002

On Walmart.com it's $45.94.

#28 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

That is a sick ass deal for Wii games. Sadly the only Wii game that I would buy is the new DKC ($30 or less is my price).

I don't think you'll ever see that for $30. Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Kart, Smash Bros. I think they are all still $50 at most places. I haven't even seen them on sale for $30! I saw these 3 plus Zelda:TP and Mario party game for $35 before Black Friday a couple years ago at BB and jumped on it for Galaxy and Zelda. With the B2G1 you pay $33 each and that's the cheapest I have seen them.

Nintendo titles for some reason never come down, at least not the popular ones. Flingsmash was going for $30 with the controller a week ago, but that game blows. If it's good you have to pay $30 or more, heck, these games go for $40 USED at GS!

#29 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

Edit: also I had another questions, If I pre-order The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and also purchased Donkey Kong Country Returns, would I be able to get New Super Mario Bros for free? Reason i'm asking is because these are the only 3 Wii games I'm interested in and I'm not sure if this deal works with pre-orders.

Unfortunately, no, the deal does not work with pre-orders. I tried that with Black Ops, it was a no go. The item must be in stock or on its way and perhaps they might do a raincheck (depends on the manager's mood).

#30 sadakou

sadakou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

Nintendo titles for some reason never come down, at least not the popular ones.

While this is true for the most part, Metroid: Other M and Kirby's Epic Yarn have hit the $10-15 range this past month, so there is still hope, especially after the new console is unveiled at E3 in a few weeks.