Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/15/11 to 5/21/11)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

L.A. Noire Guide>>>>>$14.99

I wonder if this price is only with purchase of LA Noire? If not, then I hope this is a trend they follow with other guides. I miss the days of $9.99-$14.99 non CE guides.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#32 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

so what's the deal here? If they're only offering a $10 GC in store, can't I just price match TRU's offer and just pay $45 instead of getting the gift card?

Nope they usually on deduct the gc value when they dont offer a gc themselves so they will increase the BB gc to $15...you can however price match kmart when the game drops to $40 w/i 30 days. That's what I'll be doing, plus I get the all the credit.

#33 omster

omster

I used to be cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

Does the Wii deal work on pre-orders? Skyward Sword would be my third game.

#34 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

Just looked on Best Buy's website. There's nothing really worth getting that's $29.99. Lost in Shadow is the only one it seems I'd bother getting.

Wish it was B2G1 Free on $29.99 and under games. Would get a lot of shovelware/budget titles to move off the shelves.

#35 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:34 AM

While this is true for the most part, Metroid: Other M and Kirby's Epic Yarn have hit the $10-15 range this past month, so there is still hope, especially after the new console is unveiled at E3 in a few weeks.

True those Epic Yarn and Other M are some of Nintendo's worst selling games for 2010 and most stores have a TON in stock so it was a move to get through the excess inventory.

I wonder if this price is only with purchase of LA Noire? If not, then I hope this is a trend they follow with other guides. I miss the days of $9.99-$14.99 non CE guides.

The sale price of the guide does not require the purchase of LA Noire.

Does the Wii deal work on pre-orders? Skyward Sword would be my third game.

In-store it will not work for pre-orders because you are essentially not purchasing LoZ Skyward Sword in full, instead your are only putting $5 down. Online it will work because you are paying the full amount for pre-order.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#36 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:44 AM

While this is true for the most part, Metroid: Other M and Kirby's Epic Yarn have hit the $10-15 range this past month, so there is still hope, especially after the new console is unveiled at E3 in a few weeks.

Nintendo always release their greatest hits líne at the end of their current consles life cycle.they are doing that for the Wii right now.i think they were released already at least in europe i think

#37 OnettHero

OnettHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

Good deal Best buy.
In what could be my last wii purchase ever I'm gonna ggrab donkey kong, and SMG 1 and 2.

#38 omster

omster

I used to be cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:09 AM

Good deal Best buy.
In what could be my last wii purchase ever I'm gonna ggrab donkey kong, and SMG 1 and 2.

You have fine taste in games.

#39 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

Is that an official black Wii racing wheel? I'd like one to match my black Wiimote.

#40 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

:wii: Wii bundle with Mario Kart (black and white models shown) $149.99

Wii Selects (greatest hits)
:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk $19.99
:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $19.99
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers $19.99
:wii: Wii Sports $19.99

:360::ps3: L.A. Noire with free Rockstar Games T-shirt $59.99
:360::ps3: Brink $59.99

:pc: Brink $49.99

Edited by Indiana Jones, 14 May 2011 - 09:05 AM.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#41 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

Any pictures of the Rockstar Games shirt?

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#42 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

I thought that Brady Games cancelled the limited edition guide. Both Amazon and Gamestop have taken it down from their site.

Im 99.99999% sure this has been cancelled. I had the LE guide preordered at gamestop almost a month ago and the sku was removed from there system. I would have thought Best Buy would have removed it from the ad because this happened weeks ago...........but im still hoping its true, lol.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#43 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

man, if only GameStop included that shirt with LA Noire... :(

#44 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

I believe Hastings has the shirt as well if you have one near by.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#45 persianhero

persianhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

brink 59.99??!

#46 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

Someone keeps rating my Target threads with one star. I'm guessing he wants me to stop doing them then, I take it?

Edited by Indiana Jones, 14 May 2011 - 09:04 AM.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#47 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

Appreciate the thread and will star it accordingly. Used to do ad-set for target and I know how much of a PITA it can be.

That said this is a shit ad.

#48 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

Someone keeps rating my Target threads with one star. I'm he wants me to stop doing them then, I take it?

I never rate these things and I find some of the ratings to be a bit baffling myself. I wouldn't take it personally. I think the rating has nothing to do with you, and more likely has to do with Target having another typical crappy week. I for one appreciate the post, however, cause I'm always curious about what's on tap for next week.

#49 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

The sale price of the guide does not require the purchase of LA Noire.

Ahhh. So it's a $5 drop from the usual price then.:cry: I was kinda hoping the game guide publishers smartened up and actually dropped prices back down to $15 for the max price for a non LE/CE/SE guide.:-#

With how many places you can find the same info that's in the guides online nowadays it's a miracle they sell any of these things anymore.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#50 happydogs

happydogs

Razor barrel.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

Appreciate the thread and will star it accordingly. Used to do ad-set for target and I know how much of a PITA it can be.

That said this is a shit ad.

I'd five-star this post if i could. :lol:

#51 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

the wii games are the new greatest hits ones i believe. I did buy them a week or two ago from walmart (target didn't have any) to return/rebuy when the price droped since i wanted the original label ones. But someone said the new GH line is actually a different sku which would be odd. Can anyone confirm/deny if they are actually different skus?

#52 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

Someone keeps rating my Target threads with one star. I'm guessing he wants me to stop doing them then, I take it?

It's not you they probably hate the MSRP ads keep on posting.
People probably 1-2 star ones that have alot of OT banter that doesn't relate to the thread too.

#53 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

...someone said the new GH line is actually a different sku which would be odd. Can anyone confirm/deny if they are actually different skus?

I can't verify for sure with these games but coming from a fiery pit of 11yrs in Retail Hell, I can tell you that normally if a game (or a cd, or a dvd) is republished, even if for nothing more than to use diff't cover art (eg. "Look Look! I'm award winning! Buy me!?") then it's normally a diff't UPC (new, extra slipcovers thrown on top, not withstanding with that theory).

Normally though the same product will all be cross-referenced as proverbially the same-exact item and ends up with a very strong potential for getting the same markdown... but that's not 100% the case. Not too long ago, we had dusty black label copies of PS2 games (or were they PS1...) that would ringup for full retail but then we'd have their GH counterparts on the same rack for $15.

In my experience it's really a crapshoot with what the industry wants to do, and whether or not the distributor really has their shit together when the new version comes out.

Posted Image

#54 MrOogieBoogie

MrOogieBoogie

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Anyone know if bb would match kmarts deal for a free $20 game with the purchase of Noire? I think I'm going to give it a try, I don't see why not.

ebvp.jpg

#55 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

I think people are rating the deals not the thread. Either way don't take it personally, there are a lot of trolls on the Internet.

#56 spidey35

spidey35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

I don't think that they are rating your thread one star. I think they are rating the quality of targets in ad prices. I apreciated what you do. thx

#57 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

I didn't rate it but maybe the one star is because the usual funny target thread name is missing....

#58 Darth_Muller

Darth_Muller

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

I enjoy the threads. Keep posting the information that 99% find very helpful.

#59 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

I dont know should've pays for stradegy puedes anymore ? You can get good walkthrougus all over the net for free.besides guides take the fun out of a game unless you are 1000 % suck in a part of a game

#60 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

I didn't rate it but maybe the one star is because the usual funny target thread name is missing....

Those were never funny and I can guarantee that is not the reason.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif