Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/15/11 to 5/21/11)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#61 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

With the Wii Select titles launching and being advertised tomorrow, what do you think the chances are of scoring an original 'white label' copy of one of the games for $19.99? I've noticed some kicking around at a few random BB's...

#62 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

I dont know should've pays for stradegy puedes anymore ? You can get good walkthrougus all over the net for free.besides guides take the fun out of a game unless you are 1000 % suck in a part of a game

1)Because for the games in which I consider buying them, I'm supporting the company who makes it AND having it to read when I finish the game. Yes, all of the answers are available online however I don't want to have to search and potentially find inaccurate information. I bought the Portal 2 guide just for amusement to read after I beat the game to see how they proposed doing something and for the developer interviews.

I'm on the fence if I buy the LA Noire guide, it's like 13 bucks so I may...once again to read after or if I decide to find all of the collectibles and seem stuck. Just because I use the internet doesn't mean it replaces outdated items for vg's.

#63 Bootleg Zani

Bootleg Zani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

Yes it is on all colors, the Jungle Green Controller I've only seen at Gamestop as far as B&M stores. Our Best Buy never not a single one in, so I'm guessing you're S.O.L. on that.

Yeah I've wanted a 2nd PS3 controller for a while and once I saw the Jungle Green controller I knew it was the one I wanted. I also haven't seen it anywhere in retail besides GameStop. I refuse to give them money so I'll be buying it from Amazon since they have it as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 zeroligerx

zeroligerx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

I saw the t-shirt it not really worth it

#65 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

I think best buy still has that dualshock plus game bundle for 35.you het a cheaper controler and a free game.and even of you have the game already you can still use it as trade bait.

The stores I have checked don't have them in stock. I would trade the included game though.

#66 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

curious how the shirt looks

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#67 sttct

sttct

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

http://www.rockstarg...r/#!/warehouse/

Target T-shirt is on the right side. If you click on it, it shows a picture. It's black with Yellow writing. Says LA Noire on one side and then Rockstar Games logo on the other.

#68 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

Like this thread,...just wondering how shirt looks

Games My life..8.gif

#69 airwalke

airwalke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:01 AM

Snooze.

#70 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

Brink being $59.99. What does that mean, like .02 cents savings? Does that mean I get to finally use my chipped penny? What a deal!

#71 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

I can't verify for sure with these games but coming from a fiery pit of 11yrs in Retail Hell, I can tell you that normally if a game (or a cd, or a dvd) is republished, even if for nothing more than to use diff't cover art (eg. "Look Look! I'm award winning! Buy me!?") then it's normally a diff't UPC (new, extra slipcovers thrown on top, not withstanding with that theory).

Normally though the same product will all be cross-referenced as proverbially the same-exact item and ends up with a very strong potential for getting the same markdown... but that's not 100% the case. Not too long ago, we had dusty black label copies of PS2 games (or were they PS1...) that would ringup for full retail but then we'd have their GH counterparts on the same rack for $15.

In my experience it's really a crapshoot with what the industry wants to do, and whether or not the distributor really has their shit together when the new version comes out.

thats bizare because as far as i know 360, and ps2/ps3 greatest hits and regular label versions are the exact same upc so i dont know how that would work

As far as these i dont know. I guess i'll have to go in and check next week since no one seems to know if they are the same upd or not

#72 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

Looks like :ps3: Motorstorm Apocalypse and :ps3: SOCOM 4 are both $45 this week.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#73 threefiftyzzz

threefiftyzzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

Wii: mario kart system bundle- $150
Free wii wheel ($14.99) when u buy a nyko controller ($19.99)/ regular or ($39.99 )lego controller.
Nintendo selects games: mario super sluggers/wii sports/animal crossing/zelda twilight princess ($19.99)
Wii games $39.99: wii party, michael jackson the experience, lego pirates
$29.99: epic mickey, zumba fitness, just dance 2
$19.99: rio
$14.99: wipeout the game
Xbox 360/ps3: LA Noire $59.99 + $15 gc
Xbox 360: lego pirates of the carribean $39.99
Posted Image

#74 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Might get the lego wiimote with free wii wheel. Thanks.

#75 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

The Epic Mickey coupon from the Gamer Guide magazine is still valid so you should be able to get it for $19.99.

#76 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

DS3 controller is $35.99

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#77 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

I'm waiting for them to put Homefront on sale for $30 so I can use my coupon! :(
Posted Image

#78 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm waiting for them to put Homefront on sale for cheap so I can use my coupon!
Posted Image

#79 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

the Move/Nav controllers are on sale $35 & $20 add in the sharpshooter $95 + tax assuming you own the camera already.
so is the move bundle w/gc offer

link:
http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=17&iht=n

Edited by Enuf, 15 May 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#80 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

What Wii games are people picking up? I can only find 2 games I don't own that I want to get.

#81 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yeah I've wanted a 2nd PS3 controller for a while and once I saw the Jungle Green controller I knew it was the one I wanted. I also haven't seen it anywhere in retail besides GameStop. I refuse to give them money so I'll be buying it from Amazon since they have it as well.

I like the color but when I can get a red or blue one for $15 less, no reason to spend more on a second controller for me.

#82 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

What Wii games are people picking up? I can only find 2 games I don't own that I want to get.

Depending on your patience or budget, you could get a newer game you don't want and trade it in to Amazon/BB. Might not be a complete break even but it may be better than having a game you never play.

#83 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

1)Because for the games in which I consider buying them, I'm supporting the company who makes it AND having it to read when I finish the game. Yes, all of the answers are available online however I don't want to have to search and potentially find inaccurate information. I bought the Portal 2 guide just for amusement to read after I beat the game to see how they proposed doing something and for the developer interviews.

I'm on the fence if I buy the LA Noire guide, it's like 13 bucks so I may...once again to read after or if I decide to find all of the collectibles and seem stuck. Just because I use the internet doesn't mean it replaces outdated items for vg's.

I completely agree. I preordered the LA Noire guide from Amazon. It is 352 pages of LA Noire goodness.
Posted Image

#84 OnettHero

OnettHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Good Best buy experience for a change.

Super mario galaxy
Super mario galaxy 2
Donkey kong country returns
$99.98

Good deal.

#85 Trix

Trix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

Anyone have any luck pm BB with Kmart's $20 coupon?

#86 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I completely agree. I preordered the LA Noire guide from Amazon. It is 352 pages of LA Noire goodness.

Yeah, I skimmed it at work a couple days ago. I was :lol: when it didn't come wrapped like other VG's so I was able to read it. I skimmed the intro and briefly the missions to avoid spoilers..but it looked decent. Obviously when I start playing it I may take another look at it, but as of now all that is left is mission related tips and I don't wanna ruin any levels before I even play one :applause:

#87 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

My BB still has Monster Hunter with the controller for 39.99.

#88 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'm waiting for them to put Homefront on sale for cheap so I can use my coupon!

Wasn't homefront on sale for $30 w/i 3 weeks of release? I know I price matched it somewhere.

$15 gc for LA Noire NICE now I can go into BB wit the ad have them up the $10 one & get my $10 pre-order credit. The only thing left to wait for is kmart to drop the price to $40 so I can price match that down & get my $20 back.

#89 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

The Epic Mickey coupon from the Gamer Guide magazine is still valid so you should be able to get it for $19.99.

I just saw epic mickey under amazons best deals section for 19.99 if people are interested in getting it there.

#90 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

http://cdn.cheapassg...pictureid=22590" border="1" alt="" style="border-color: #73a732" />
Posted Image Best Buy is having a buy 2 $29.99+ Wii games, get 1 free sale, and is including a $15 gift card with LA Noire.

Posted Image GameStop has two PS3 Move promotions: buy a Move controller, get another 50% off and buy 1 Move game, get 1 free. Trade in accessories, get 50% bonus credit.

Posted Image Kmart offers up LA Noire with a $20 gaming coupon plus any $19.99 or under game free. Dragon Age 2 and Shift 2 are $39.99 each. Witcher 2 comes with $15 gaming coupon

Posted Image Toys R Us is also promoting LA Noire with a $15 gift card.

Posted Image Amazon has the LA Noire + $15 $20 credit deal too.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:wii: Buy 2 $29.99+ Wii games, get 3rd free
:wii: Nintendo Wii (Includes Mario Kart/Wii Wheel) $149.99

Available in both Black and White
*No word on what the price of Wii w/WSR and Wii Sports*

:wii: Save $10 with purchase of BOTH Wii Wheel (Black or White) $14.99 and Wii Remote Plus (Any Color) $39.99
:wii: Animal Crossing City Folk $19.99
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers $19.99
:wii: Wii Sports $19.99
:wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess $19.99
Posted ImagePosted Image L.A. Noire + $10 (now $15) gift card $59.99

FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase (though right now BB.com is matching TRU's sale for a $15 GC. LINK - This might reflect in-stores YMMV) - Includes Best Buy Exclusive 'Sharpshooter Detective Suit'

Posted ImagePosted Image L.A. Noire Guide $14.99
Posted ImagePosted Image L.A. Noire Limited Edition Guide $24.99
:ps3: PS3 DualShock 3 Controllers $35.99 (online) $39.99

GameStop (Ad)

:360::ps3: Pre-order FEAR 3, get FEAR 2 and DLC The Hammer free
:360::ps3: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat CE $79.99
:360::ps3::pc: Pre-order Alice Madness Returns, get 9 songs
:360::ps3: Pre-order Transformers: DSOTM, get Sideswipe
:ps3: Buy a Move controller, get another 50% off
:ps3:
Buy 1 Move game, get 1 free
Posted Image Trade in accessories, get 50% bonus credit
:wii: Pac Man Party $19.99
:pc: Steel Series Mouse or Keyboard $79.99

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: Some offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

Posted ImagePosted Image LA Noire $20 Gaming Coupon + Free $19.99 or under game
Posted Image
Posted Image Dragon Age 2 $39.99
Posted Image
Posted Image Shift 2 $39.99
:ps3: Buy PS3 Move bundle GET Heavy Rain free
Posted Image Tomb Raider Trilogy $29.99
Posted Image Crysis 2 $44.99
Posted Image Dragon Age 2 $44.99
Posted Image Witcher 2 with $15 Gaming Coupon
Posted Image Sims Medieval $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Indiana Jones - See post here

Posted ImagePosted Image L.A. Noire with free Rockstar Games T-shirt $59.99
Posted Image Wii Console with Mario Kart (black and white models shown) $149.99

Wii Selects (greatest hits)
Posted Image Animal Crossing: City Folk $19.99
Posted Image The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess $19.99
Posted Image Mario Super Sluggers $19.99
Posted Image Wii Sports $19.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks threefiftyzzz, - See post here

:360::ps3: LA Noire $59.99 + $15 gift card
Posted Image Wii Console + Mario Kart bundle $150
Posted Image Free wii wheel ($14.99) when u buy a nyko controller ($19.99)/ regular or ($39.99 )lego controller.
Posted Image Nintendo selects games: mario super sluggers/wii sports/animal crossing/zelda twilight princess ($19.99)
:wii: Wii party $39.99
:wii: Michael Jackson the experience $39.99
Posted Image $29.99: epic mickey, zumba fitness, just dance 2
Posted Image $19.99: rio
Posted Image $14.99: wipeout the game
Posted Image Lego Pirates of the Caribbean $39.99

Edited by CheapyD, 18 May 2011 - 08:53 AM.