Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/15/11 to 5/21/11)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

Wow, Kmart has some sick deals these days.

#92 Grayfox43

Grayfox43

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:45 AM

So if you pre-order F3AR at Gamestop, and get FEAR 2 for free, couldn't you later just cancel the pre-order and still keep FEAR 2?

#93 lobito72

lobito72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

You have fine taste in games.

Indeed!! If the pre-order works online for Zelda skyward sword I might have to get that along with Donkey Kong and Mario Party.

#94 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

Was hoping for a 3DS deal to use a Best Buy gift card, but I guess I'll hold on to it a little longer.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#95 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

Do K-mart gaming coupons expire?

#96 Tazzer88

Tazzer88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:19 AM

From what i've seen, the b2g1 on Wii games at Best Buy hasn't been packaging exactly right. I've seen transactions go through with Wii Sports included in it AND having the most expensive out of a $19, $29 and $39 game reduced to free. YMMV at this point, but it may be worth looking into.

#97 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

I was at bestbuy yesterday and happened to stumble upon a Dragon age 2 Signature Edition at Bestbuy without a cover sleeve on it as part of the $39.99 sale. Is this normal without the sleeve or was it re-printed without the sleeve because I thought about getting it but held off(I tucked it somewhere else). And yes it was sealed(y-fold) and inside the game case Bestbuy uses to protect the games from theft.

#98 endgamer77

endgamer77

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

that kmart deal on L.A. Noire looks killer. they give a 20 dollar coupon plus 1 free bargain bin game. only way they could make it better is if they allowed people to use the coupon on things 20 bucks or less

#99 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

I was at bestbuy yesterday and happened to stumble upon a Dragon age 2 Signature Edition at Bestbuy without a cover sleeve on it as part of the $39.99 sale. Is this normal without the sleeve or was it re-printed without the sleeve because I thought about getting it but held off(I tucked it somewhere else). And yes it was sealed(y-fold) and inside the game case Bestbuy uses to protect the games from theft.

I don't think DA2 had a slip cover.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#100 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

Nope they usually on deduct the gc value when they dont offer a gc themselves so they will increase the BB gc to $15...you can however price match kmart when the game drops to $40 w/i 30 days. That's what I'll be doing, plus I get the all the credit.

So exactly how does this work? If the game drops to $40 within 30 days, do you get 20 back, or 5 back? In other words, do they deduct the $15 pre-order gift card from part of the price you paid originally?
Posted Image

#101 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

that kmart deal on L.A. Noire looks killer. they give a 20 dollar coupon plus 1 free bargain bin game. only way they could make it better is if they allowed people to use the coupon on things 20 bucks or less

Can anyone explain the gamer coupon for me? Does it mean $20 off of your next video game purchase? If so, you buy a $60 game, get $20 off another game and a free $20 bin game?

That is a damn good deal if that is what it means.

#102 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Is it possible to price match toys r us at walmart without the ad? I want Lego pirates for 39.99.

Just print the website stating such or bring it up on your phone and it should work, seeing as it's clearly marked. But YMMV...

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

So exactly how does this work? If the game drops to $40 within 30 days, do you get 20 back, or 5 back? In other words, do they deduct the $15 pre-order gift card from part of the price you paid originally?

I have 45 days b/c I'm a RZ silver member. My local BB is great they adjust the price so I get the $20 back not $5. Several of the managers that do it have given mulitple reasons why they make the exception,
1-they notice that I take it and go back to shopping..."we're gonna get it back anyways"
2-some of my receipts have large $ amounts but not from 1 expensive item.
3-I price match ALOT I'm on a 1st name basis with several of the CS reps.
4-I asked them to do it this way so I could make another purchase while it was on sale
5-loyal customer

Edited by Enuf, 17 May 2011 - 08:44 PM.

#104 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

I have 45 days b/c I'm a RZ silver member. My local BB is great they adjust the price so I get the $20 back not $5. Several of the managers that do it have given mulitple reasons why they make the exception,
1-they notice that take it and go back to shopping..."we're gonna get it back anyways"
2-some of my receipts have large $ amounts but not from 1 expensive item.
3-I price match ALOT I'm on a 1st name basis with several of the CS reps.
4-I asked them to do it this way so I could make another purchase while it was on sale
5-loyal customer

So in other words, they make an exception for you.
Posted Image

#105 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

Yep but I've done at different BB's you can get alot just by asking though. I read alot of the "I hate BB" stuff but 99% of it I've never had happen to me or had a problem with.

#106 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

I don't think DA2 had a slip cover.

I could've recall people mentioning that they loved the slip cover for the game so i'm sure that it came with 1.

#107 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

I could've recall people mentioning that they loved the slip cover for the game so i'm sure that it came with 1.

I have two PS3 copies, neither of which came with one, and I didn't see any copies in the store with a slip cover?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#108 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

I have two PS3 copies, neither of which came with one, and I didn't see any copies in the store with a slip cover?

Guess ill pick it up for $40 then because I didn't think BB carried the signature editions to begin with.

#109 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

I realize these deals are over for the most part (K-mart and GameStop certainly kicked ass this week.), but ironically I picked up FEAR 2 for $15 today @ K-mart as part of a spend $50, save $10 thing before I read this, and I was wondering out of fear of being an idiot, if anyone actually tried pre-ordering FEAR 3 and canceled to keep FEAR 2 and/or the Hammer DLC.