Thor: God of Thunder (DS) $19.99 at Target (In-Store Only)

KiySeph

CAGiversary!
Just got back from my local Target and picked up a copy of Thor DS for $19.99. Don't mistake this with the lackluster console versions, the DS version is developed by WayForward (Contra 4, Shantae series) and it is quite good.

It looks like the deal is only in-store only, not available for online purchase. (For some reason, the link below states XB360 version, but it's really the DS version.)

http://www.target.com/Thor-God-Thunder-XBOX-360/dp/B004LM4VQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=Thor%20DS&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-2&qid=1305575113&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Thor%20God%20Thunder%20XBOX%20360&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

Also, a link to the IGN review (8.0): http://ds.ign.com/articles/116/1165818p1.html

I've found DS versions of movie-ware titles tend to be far better than the console versions because they're made by separate teams who don't care about "spectacular graphics" and focus on gameplay.

Curious that Thor DS might have been made by another team, I checked the box last week and I noticed the distinctive Wayforward / 2D graphics. I'm sold. Just waiting for a little better deal :)

Thanks OP!

[quote name='manasteel88']great...now I have to get best buy to price match and we're in business.[/QUOTE]

Curious, how would you PM this? Take a picture of the store tag? I ask because I would have PM'd Monster Tale at BB except it's not listed in an ad or online.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Curious, how would you PM this? Take a picture of the store tag? I ask because I would have PM'd Monster Tale at BB except it's not listed in an ad or online.[/QUOTE]

Many times I just tell the customer service employee that another store has it cheaper and they just have to call and verify it. That worked for me when I PMed Fry's for the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition at BB. But taking a picture too coudn't hurt.

Are the 3ds version and ds version virtually the same? Dumb question i know.,

[quote name='bic']Are the 3ds version and ds version virtually the same? Dumb question i know.,[/QUOTE]

Last I read (last week), no one knows.

The fact it dropped even quicker then rango and tron shows how bad "Thor of war" really is. STAY AWAY FROM THIS TURD ! It's so bad it can't even be usefull as a cup holster

i heard the ds version is really good, i would like to pick up at sometime. hopefully amazon discounts soon.

Grabbed one myself last Friday.

On a semi-related note, my store also had Monster Tale for $19.99! (which I also picked up)
Great deals for 2D fans! :D

bread's done
Back