$125 Shipped!! The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle @ Sears.com

ultrapimp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle

Comes with:

• The Beatles: Rock Band software for PlayStation 3
  • The exclusive Höfner bass guitar controller
  • The Beatles branded Rock Band drums
  • A microphone and microphone stand
  • Additional special game content

FOR PS3:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...3h&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=21-112545844-2

FOR XBOX360:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05881898000P

Enjoy Guys =)

I thought this was an error, but I had customer service confirm that it does come with the exclusive bass. new/sealed =) sears of all places....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blindinglights']Got this for $62 on clearance at Target last year.

$125 seems way too high.[/QUOTE]

Try to find it for less than $200 right now. Can't be done unless it's pure luck via a random, YMMV Clearance Sale.

also if anyone is interested im trying to trade my brand new in box Guitar Hero 5 Guitar+Paypal for a Mad Catz RB3 Guitar (blue pref but open to cherry) I bought the thing then my friend told me the solo frets dont work with Rock Band >=(

[quote name='ultrapimp']also if anyone is interested im trying to trade my brand new in box Guitar Hero 5 Guitar+Paypal for a Mad Catz RB3 Guitar (blue pref but open to cherry) I bought the thing then my friend told me the solo frets dont work with Rock Band >=([/QUOTE]

Wrong place for this, newb. Take it elsewhere.

my bad, everytime i post any kind of trade on there it sinks to like page 30 by the end of the day. i actually posted it in there before and im tired of bumping the crap out of it two or three times a week....

[quote name='AwRy108']Try to find it for less than $200 right now. Can't be done unless it's pure luck via a random, YMMV Clearance Sale.[/QUOTE]

My comment was to say that it's not worth $125, as opposed to $125 being a bad deal.

The instruments just aren't that special and they aren't any higher quality than the RB2 set.

[quote name='Coltin']I just saw that it has dropped to $100.[/QUOTE]

Yes and it's also OOS online. Only available if your local stores have it. Bummer...

Kmart has this clearenced for $49.97 now - both the LE and the value bundle. I've seen a dozen or so combined in store over the last week.

I'll check my local K-Mart.........but I doubt it is still available here. This would have meshed great with the new RB Fender.

edit.....oh and all of the Sears in the surrounding 300 miles, yes I changed zips that far, are either out of stock or never carried it.

[quote name='blindinglights']My comment was to say that it's not worth $125, as opposed to $125 being a bad deal.

The instruments just aren't that special and they aren't any higher quality than the RB2 set.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? Aesthetically, they're way more stunning. The drum set I found to be a bit better than the rb2 kit and the bass guitar still works for me - nearly 2 years after I bought it. No other RB guitar has lasted me more than 4-6 months... And I'm pretty sure that I used that bass even more. Also, the button configuration is much better. $125 seems okay seeing how unless you find this in store somewhere on clearance, it'll be much higher. For me, at least, they've been impossible to find.

Got this for $33 on Target clearance a year or so ago. Wasn't a big fan of the guitar, but I've always preferred the GH ones. The mic stand was a sweet bonus, and the drums are just like the ones from Rock Band 2, only mostly white. Not a big Beatles fan, but I don't think you'll catch this bundle for much lower of a price for awhile.

[quote name='Mixer236']You're kidding, right? Aesthetically, they're way more stunning. The drum set I found to be a bit better than the rb2 kit and the bass guitar still works for me - nearly 2 years after I bought it. No other RB guitar has lasted me more than 4-6 months... And I'm pretty sure that I used that bass even more. Also, the button configuration is much better. $125 seems okay seeing how unless you find this in store somewhere on clearance, it'll be much higher. For me, at least, they've been impossible to find.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not. The drums have a tacky fold out bass drum with a band logo and they have a zebra swirl pattern around the drum pads. Not really stunning...? The bass looks alright since it has that retro look, but the hard edges that aren't rounded make it uncomfortable for long sessions if you play seated and rest your arm on the body.

Not sure what you're doing to kill guitars that fast since none of my friends or I have ever broken one. Maybe it's harder on them at higher difficulties? I only play on hard, so that might explain it. I've played on various Guitar Hero generations, Rock Band 2 guitar and the Beetles bass and the Beetles bass doesn't have any better "quality feel" to it. Cheap plastic just like all the others. For a high priced "premium" set they could have made it feel a little better, sturdy maybe. I didn't expect it to be like one of those Fender life size ones or anything, but for a special edition it feels like the same cheap guitar with a new look.

As far as button configuration, I assume you're talking about the d-pad and start/select button locations? That's never bothered me on any of the guitars, never even thought about it to be honest.

[quote name='blindinglights']No, I'm not. The drums have a tacky fold out bass drum with a band logo and they have a zebra swirl pattern around the drum pads. Not really stunning...? The bass looks alright since it has that retro look, but the hard edges that aren't rounded make it uncomfortable for long sessions if you play seated and rest your arm on the body.

Not sure what you're doing to kill guitars that fast since none of my friends or I have ever broken one. Maybe it's harder on them at higher difficulties? I only play on hard, so that might explain it. I've played on various Guitar Hero generations, Rock Band 2 guitar and the Beetles bass and the Beetles bass doesn't have any better "quality feel" to it. Cheap plastic just like all the others. For a high priced "premium" set they could have made it feel a little better, sturdy maybe. I didn't expect it to be like one of those Fender life size ones or anything, but for a special edition it feels like the same cheap guitar with a new look.

As far as button configuration, I assume you're talking about the d-pad and start/select button locations? That's never bothered me on any of the guitars, never even thought about it to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Eh, to each their own on the drums, I suppose? I always looked they looked much nicer than the other sets and they seemed to be more durable to me. As for the guitars, I've gone through tons of them. I *do* always play on expert so that could have something to do with it... But yeah, the other guitars haven't lasted me whether it be whammy bar or strum bar issues.

The button thing I'm talking about is everything you mentioned and the (for my version at least) the PS button. I also liked how the effects slider was moved as I almost always wound up moving that thing every time I played a song.

Besides looks, the main draw of the Hoffner is it's length. The neck is longer than most RB and GH guitars, making it easier to play if you have long arms. The drums are standard RB2 kits with some extra stickers and such.

AVOID THE VALUE BUNDLE LIKE THE PLAGUE! I saw someone lumped the SE and value bundles together in an earlier post. Don't! The value bundle includes RB1 drums with defective pedals. Only the SE bundle includes the newer drum kit.

bread's done
Back