CAGcast #240: Whities to the Rescue

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#31 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Just for the record, the controls on the Xperia Play phone aren't *just* for Playstation games.

They have lots of developers baking support into existing and upcoming android games, and it should also work on lots of games with customizable controls(emulators and such)

So in reality the phone might be a good choice for anyone who wants actual controls for their games

#32 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

So Cheapy both birthed and aborted a child in one episode. Nice.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#33 rogXue

rogXue

Bringer of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

enjoying the show so far, hope to win the F4 code! Thanks :D

#34 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

I half expected the poop story to end with you breaking it up with your bare hands...

#35 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

25:10 until you guys start actually talking about video games. That's... something.

#36 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

25:10 until you guys start actually talking about video games. That's... something.

That's... the CAGcast!

#37 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

There is a side scrolling 3ds game with depth - it's called Steel Diver.

Granted the depth is strictly for show.

Cheapie is rooting for Nintendo? Yeah right.

The only reason to get excited about Wii 2 is if you like their software. Wii 2 will be about new ways to play Mario. I wouldn't count on 3rd parties to make anything interesting. 3rd parties don't want to make games for just one system so anything unique and interesting about Wii2 hardware won't be exploited by 3rd parties.

Macbook Air is pretty sweet. Just bought one myself. More of a second computer though. Not enough storage in the 11" base model at least. But it is responsive as all can be. You can leave in standby for 30days which makes a big difference in how you use a machine if you can quickly get on the internet in a few seconds.

Alas I also bought a 13" MBP for the wife because she needed more storage and so not sure if the MBA will survive in our house. MIght be selling it especially since the new ones are going to hit.

Kinect is junk. Wait until something good comes out for it. I still say it fades away by end of summer. I just see Kinect as for those who skipped the Wii and all its motion games - shovelware and all. And it is a bit bulky and wouldn't doubt if it breaks down within a year. The camera is motorized and always moving. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Edited by trip1eX, 19 May 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#38 j-fever

j-fever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

The king of poop stories.............wow.

The title of this should be poop poop and more poop.

:-)
Last-Gen Kinda Rare Game Topic, way out of date...
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53810

Game TL

http://www.cheapassg...356#post7455356

#39 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

no.. it shoulda been titled "Lets cut the shit"

#40 heyyoeddie

heyyoeddie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

no.. It shoulda been titled "lets cut the shit"

lol!

I survived the great Long Island CAG Meet-Up of 2008.

#41 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

I actually felt similar to cheapy today at work. But great show!

#42 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Great show guys. Cheapy's stories are the best, shit or otherwise. We need someone to step up with an Adventures of CheapyD comic.

#43 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

I don't agree with Shipwreck's comment that SWTOR needs to be on consoles. It would cost EA more than it would be worth to try and cram a massive WoW-style MMO like that onto the PS3 and 360, and they're obviously having enough trouble as its is just getting the PC version finished.

Wombat has the right idea - he doesn't own a system that can play the game so he doesn't worry about it.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#44 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

I don't agree with Shipwreck's comment that SWTOR needs to be on consoles. It would cost EA more than it would be worth to try and cram a massive WoW-style MMO like that onto the PS3 and 360, and they're obviously having enough trouble as its is just getting the PC version finished.

Wombat has the right idea - he doesn't own a system that can play the game so he doesn't worry about it.

Maybe I should have clarified my statement. SWTOR needs to be on consoles... for me to care about it.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#45 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

I saw this on Twitter this morning and I was like WTF? but it all makes sense now. Good stuff.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#46 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

That was an epic/disgusting poop story cheapy. I agree with wombat 3ds 2nd gen has to be the way to go

9917.png

#47 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

iTunes version is the same as episode 239, Cheapy.

I just tried listening, and Zune is also sporting episode 239 masquerading as 240.

#48 Duke.Togo

Duke.Togo

Game Tape Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

That crap story was a little crazy. If something that rough happened to me I think I would have to name it.

#49 nakedninja

nakedninja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

poopy D

#50 AznMarine

AznMarine

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

For episode 240:

#51 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

Maybe I should have clarified my statement. SWTOR needs to be on consoles... for me to care about it.

It'll probably come to Mac eventually.

#52 koheed

koheed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

I love the CAGcast and some of my favorite moment's are Cheapy's shit stories. I propose a weekly segment of CAG member shit tales; I'm sure Wombat can come up with a clever name. I have two stories that are worthy of sharing.

#53 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hey Wombat you don't have to buy the plush toys to get new cats in Kinectimals. You can find the scans on the internet. Here is a cag thread with links to them. You can thank me later.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=277947

#54 jraf

jraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

Weird im still getting ep 239 for some reason. :(

#55 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

Finished listening to this one. Wow, that is one hell of a poop story, great stuff. The rest of the show pales in comparison.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#56 Hoarr

Hoarr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

"Who would not enjoy a baked potato with arms having sex with them?"

I need that shit on a CAGshirt.

I have no signature. :(

#57 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

Holy shit guys, what a great show. Cheapy, the shit story was priceless. I've sent it to the Broadcasting Hall of Fame. Look for your award via an enema.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Fluffy

Fluffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

Zune still has #239. Yes, there's at least one person here who uses a Zune...

#59 Jon F

Jon F

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

Last year, I got swine flu and wasn't drinking enough fluids, passed out on the toilet, fell on the bathroom floor and shit all over the place. I thought that's where Cheapy's story might go but it sounds like he fared a lot better than me.

I hope all goes well for Shipwreck. As a redhead, I've been trying to avoid sun exposure my whole life. And living in Southern California has made that pretty hard. Get better, Boatcrash.

Also, I love you Wombat.

#60 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

But LBP and Infamous are also availible at retail

I can see alternate reasons for it, LBP has a ton of DLC content, and releasing inFamous is good promotion for inFamous 2.