Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Bundle w/ Lego Batman & Pure $179.99+Tax Shipped

Not bad. Normally Cowboom(side company of Best Buy's) sells refurb stuff on their site. It's nice to see something listed as NEW on there for once.;)

Since it's affiliated with Best Buy wouldn't that add sales tax for most buyers? :whistle2:? so $179.99 shipped isn't technically correct.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Since it's affiliated with Best Buy wouldn't that add sales tax for most buyers? :whistle2:? so $179.99 shipped isn't technically correct.[/QUOTE]

You are correct...sorry about that. I changed the title.
Tax where I live is an additional $16.29...still making the deal at least $50 cheaper than anywhere else.

[quote name='padlok']Ok deal. The xbox slim is a better choice. Quiet and the RROD seems to be over.[/QUOTE]

I believe this bundle includes a Jasper system, which is very quiet and doesn't seem to have much of an issue with the RROD. The inclusion of wireless with the slim is a much bigger deal.

At least these are Jasper units, the best of the old "phat" generation of Xbox 360s. They run less hot and are much more reliable than the older models. Not a bad deal (especially with 120gb), but I think if I were buying now I'd just get a 4gb for $150 and a separate 250gb add-on HDD (official one), and add the HDD to the 4GB unit. Cost would be about $210 if you could find the original 250gb MS HDD, those were very common late last year/early this year.

Wireless sucks in my house so I have to hook up my 360 slim to my laptop by ethernet anyways to get a strong signal. Thinking about getting this bundle and selling my slim with 250gb hd for ~$250.

Can I live with the noise though? That is one of the main reasons I got the slim was so that I did not have to deal with the loud power supply whine of the old 360s.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Wireless sucks in my house so I have to hook up my 360 slim to my laptop by ethernet anyways to get a strong signal. Thinking about getting this bundle and selling my slim with 250gb hd for ~$250.

Can I live with the noise though? That is one of the main reasons I got the slim was so that I did not have to deal with the loud power supply whine of the old 360s.[/QUOTE]

The power supply for my launch 360 is silent compared to my jasper's (which makes a slight whine noise). The fans and disc drives are somewhat loud though. The disc drive isn't a problem if you install all of your games, but the fan is loud compared to the noise a PS3 would make. Haven't tried a slim 360, so I don't know how those compare.

Yeah I think I will just stick with my 360 slim. I do not think the $50 I would make is worth the hassle of selling it on craigslist, transferring all my data over, and living with the noise.

The slim is pretty much no quieter then the Jasper at all. They simply moved the noise from the console to the power supply, which is really weird. I upgraded to a slim from a Jasper and that was a big disappointment. However, in other respects the Slim is much better. Except for that damned touch sensitive eject button. I hate that thing! :)

[quote name='crunchewy'] Except for that damned touch sensitive eject button. I hate that thing! :)[/QUOTE]

you aren't the only one

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Since it's affiliated with Best Buy wouldn't that add sales tax for most buyers? :whistle2:? so $179.99 shipped isn't technically correct.[/QUOTE]

Well, not all states have sales tax. \\:D/

[quote name='CountChoculitis'] Thinking about getting this bundle and selling my slim with 250gb hd for ~$250.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, between the tax, transferring files, hassle of selling the other system, and downgrading to and older system prone to eventually kick it, I am not sure the marginal profit would be worth it. That's just my unsolicited 2 cents.

[quote name='padlok']There's always the chance of PS3 and 360 price cuts at E3[/QUOTE]

Just after E3 last year the Xbox 360 Arcade dropped to $99 at Target for 2 consecutive weeks. That was the time to buy.

I kinda hate that I missed this, it sold out while I was deciding between this and one of the new models. Guess I'll wait until e3 to see if the price drops.

[quote name='GohanX']I kinda hate that I missed this, it sold out while I was deciding between this and one of the new models. Guess I'll wait until e3 to see if the price drops.[/QUOTE]

Wiser choice would be to wait. The Elites are still prone to RROD. I bought My Elite in 2009, it RROD like 4 months after that.

[quote name='GohanX']I kinda hate that I missed this, it sold out while I was deciding between this and one of the new models. Guess I'll wait until e3 to see if the price drops.[/QUOTE]

There will probably be a price drop soon, albeit MS have the upper hand at the moment so the only price drop pressure MS has is if the PS3 does it first.

That said, the Xbox 360 S is far superior to the older noisy elite. You get more than twice the storage, quieter machine, less electricity usage and wifi built in. That's got to be worth $50 more in my opinion....

bread's done
Back