55 (98%)
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES OFFICIAL THREAD

bane-batman-standoff-the-dark-knight-rises-wall-posterp.jpg

Official Posters

Official Trailers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSn72h_6I9Q&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

:hot: New TV Spots Here! :hot: - http://batman-news.com/2012/05/23/the-dark-knight-rises-tv-spot-1-offers-new-footage-video/

Official Stills/Pics/Banners/etc
http://batman-news.com/photos/the-dark-knight-rises/

Official Cast

Christian Bale - Batman
Tom Hardy - Bane
Anne Hathaway - Catwoman/Selina Kyle
Marion Cotillard - Miranda Tate (possible Talia Al Ghul)
Joseph Gordon Levit - John Blake
Gary Oldman - Jim Gordon
Morgan Freeman - Lucious Fox
Michael Caine - Alfred

6TDKRpostershero.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to this for sure. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check though as Nolan set the bar damn high with The Dark Knight.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Damn, Hardy on dat HGH. Dude's back looks huge.[/QUOTE]
Camera angles and special lenses. Wouldn't be surprised if the piture is a little touched up either. ;)

Looks good but not a picture worth making any solid decisions on. I'll have to see more before I decide how I like the new Bane.

But a good start...

I really didn't like the first dark night, but everyone I talk to is like "OMG ITS SO GREAT!!" F that, the movie was shit, it had no main story, and there is no freaking ending, it's just him running away..

I wasn't really buying him in Batman Begins..but in a post-Taken world I believe Liam Neeson can beat the shit out of Batman.

I didnt care for returns that much or for ras aghul.

I understand they were changing it up some for the movie but aghul was nothing like his counter part in the comics at all.

He is very old thanks to the lazarus pits he rejuvinates himself with, he is as much of a skilled warrior as batman is, he considers batman as his equal, he wants batman to join him and to marry his daughter to carry on the lineage, he always referred to batman as "the detective" out of respect for him, and several other things they never really touched on. The movie gave him no depth and was basically just the leader of a terrorist orginzation. They wasted their chance to make a really good character.

Of course I didnt like scarecrow in it either, he was just more like a glorified thug in it with a gimmick. For being a villian and being unique he just felt walked over in the movie.

Dark knight returns is going to be hard to beat DK though. The whole thing spun out of control with ledger dying and all turned the movie into a lot more than it was. The greatest thing to happen to that movie was his death, it gave it more attention than it ever deserved. I mean I liked the movie but if he hadnt died it wouldnt have become as popular as it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']I wasn't really buying him in Batman Begins..but in a post-Taken world I believe Liam Neeson can beat the shit out of Batman.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money.

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long life.

Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

[quote name='shrike4242']Agreed, which is why it was spoilered after the fact.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about raz al ghul returning.

About Liam Neeson:
He was only on set for ONE day of shooting. This doesn't necessarily mean that he's back for good.

I'd guess he's just in a flash back and Talia will end up being the main villain since Nolan said he wanted this movie to bring the trilogy full circle with Batman Begins.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Well that a fuckin spoiler[/QUOTE]

That wasnt a spoiler because thats how he is in the comics. If you actually read what I said then youd have noticed in the movie he was none of those things. Thats as stupid as watching daredevil years ago and me saying "You know in the comics kingpin was a white guy" and then you saying "Thats a spoiler".

Spoiling it would be if that stuff was actually in it, but its not. Like I said he was just a terrorist in the movie and had none of the qualities from the comics. Want to see ras without reading the comics? Watch batman the animated series, great portrayl of him.

[quote name='shrike4242']Agreed, which is why it was spoilered after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore since it wasnt a spoiler for the movie I removed it.

[quote name='camoor']Now you've spoiled two movies. Damn you gargus...[/QUOTE]

i cant comprehend how some people have not watched daredevil.

jennifer garner was so hot and i went:bouncy: when she boinked matt murdock.

thats a spoiler i know.. but now at least you know what to look forward to in the movie.

but its not explicit since its PG-13 -_-

EDIT: THIS WAS 8 YEARS AGO AND I WAS 13

[quote name='camoor']
So many great unutilized villians. Just pick one and set him up against Batman. Bane is enough, no need for anything else.[/QUOTE]
Bane is going to have some company as this movie is crowded.

Catwoman is already in the movie, along with a laundry list of actors who could turn out to be anyone in the movie. Marion Cotillard (the wife from Inception) as Miranda Tate is suspected to be a red herring for Talia, which makes a lot of sense given her accent and her look. Joseph Gordon Levitt as "John Blake" is speculated to be anyone from the film's version Harvey Bullock to Ridder to any other villain. There's also a "street smart Gotham girl" and a "Mad Scientst" cast who could be Harley Quinn and Hugo Strange. Who knows who may end up in the film at this rate.

Joseph Gordon Levitt could pull off some version of the Riddle, but definitely not Bullock...

SO I guess the plot involves Batman going into Bane's head and on the way he sees Dom Cobb who tells him that he has to get out before the dream ends?

but seriously... that poster looks epic..... trying to figure out clues from it ..now that's another story.

[quote name='tcrash247']That looks like it could be a poster for Inception 2, not Batman, but it's pretty awesome either way.[/QUOTE]

Poster shows Gotham falling apart, League of Shadows wants Gotham to fall. Seems to fit to me.

[quote name='binici']Jesus! Comic Con better have this trailer![/QUOTE]

Trailer will be with New harry potter movie but im sure it will be all around the internet in a few days.

[quote name='tcrash247']That looks like it could be a poster for Inception 2, not Batman, but it's pretty awesome either way.[/QUOTE]

scaled.php

scaled.php

Inception looks like Batman.

It's just awesome how the buildings form the bat symbol, didn't even notice it at first glance.

Good point. And I haven't been reading everything I can so I wasn't aware of the whole League of Shadows wanting to destroy Gotham stuff.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Remember the first teaser for dark knight? A silhouette of a bat moving towards the screen. I bet its some shit like that.

Trust[/QUOTE]

Nope. Its going to be something like 1:33 in length and if anything we will get glimpses of scenes and hopefully Bane.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Nope. Its going to be something like 1:33 in length and if anything we will get glimpses of scenes and hopefully Bane.[/QUOTE]

i only said that so the opposite can happen. i have a feeling youve just jinxed it.

goddamnit!

but wait, isnt the movie still in production?

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']
scaled.php

scaled.php

Inception looks like Batman.[/QUOTE]

#-o You know Hollywood pull this shit all the time right?
I couldn't find it but there was a thread a few months ago about posters that looked very similar for different movies...guess they all use the same graphic design/ad company huh?

as for the teaser ...30-60 seconds ... remember it's a teaser not a full blown trailer. Everyone knows this movie is coming and there is no need to spoil us now! Let the excitement build!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boIhrBtsj-Y

see little stuff like this gives me goose bumps........

I really hope the composer really pumps up the music...I really can't find any memorable music from the last two that stick out.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Are you kidding?

Batman Begins:
Eptesicus
End Credits

Dark Knight:
Like a Dog Chasing Cars
And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad[/QUOTE]

I dunno... Elfman's themes were amazing for the first two batman movies..He's like the John Williams for the batman series. It's too bad Zimmer's music didn't have a nod to Elfman's themes...like what Shirley Walker did for TAS.

I mean Zimmer's music is ok for this rebooted batman but honestly there is nothing that the average listener will pick up immediately and say "HEY that's from Batman Begins!", where as DE/SW music almost always can get picked up.

[quote name='dohdough']Fake[/QUOTE]

Na it was real just really crap quality. You can go to youtube search dark knight rises teaser and go by upload date. I saw a few. Will be waiting for a much more clear version. Can't wait!

[quote name='Snuckles']Na it was real just really crap quality. You can go to youtube search dark knight rises teaser and go by upload date. I saw a few. Will be waiting for a much more clear version. Can't wait![/QUOTE]
Are you trolling? The "leak" is only like 40 seconds long. The official teaser is clocked in at around a 1 minute 20 seconds.

bread's done
Back