Get an extra 40% Trade-ins GAMESTOP in-store credit coupon

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 OptimusPrimeJewForm

OptimusPrimeJewForm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

GET AN EXTRA 40% IN-STORE CREDIT for GAMESTOP On any PS3 or XBOX 360 games traded. Valid 5/23-5/29 [Printable Coupon]

Here's the link :D >>>http://dealspl.us/ga...coupons/265398p

And Another if the first doesn't work for you (provided by gambit444) ty:)

The link wont work for me. can anyone verify if the link still works? or post another link?

Edit: http://www.bargainez...intable-coupon/
Its a web page so no PDF loading errors .

Edited by OptimusPrimeJewForm, 24 May 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#2 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Even with the coupons etc gamestop trade in program sucks. They sugar coat it with things like this but what most people don't know is that during trade in promotions, they drop the trade in values on alot of their games making the trade ins pointless. Trade to amazon, you will be glad you did. I've been able to pay off numerous new releases for the fall just with trade ins alone (without gutting my library mind you ) and along with the promo credit you will be saving tons of cash

#3 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Even with the coupons etc gamestop trade in program sucks. They sugar coat it with things like this but what most people don't know is that during trade in promotions, they drop the trade in values on alot of their games making the trade ins pointless. Trade to amazon, you will be glad you did. I've been able to pay off numerous new releases for the fall just with trade ins alone (without gutting my library mind you ) and along with the promo credit you will be saving tons of cash

Not always true. When they run deals like this, sometimes you get more than amazon or bestbuy will give.

#4 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

The only reason this could be remotely attractive is because I won't be able to trade my best buy sku specific copy of la noire into amazon.

#5 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

Trade at amazon?

My wife just traded:

I love Horses (DS) at GameStop for $11.xx (Amazon = $1.75)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions (DS) for $9.50 (Amazon = $6.00)

Just saying... amazon is not always the best value. Now, try trading an incomplete game at Amazon and see if they will take it. Or trading an exclusive game (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) and see if they return it back to you because the bar code is different. Amazon gets too much love :roll:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#6 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Trade at amazon?

My wife just traded:

I love Horses (DS) at GameStop for $11.xx (Amazon = $1.75)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions (DS) for $9.50 (Amazon = $6.00)

Just saying... amazon is not always the best value. Now, try trading an incomplete game at Amazon and see if they will take it. Or trading an exclusive game (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) and see if they return it back to you because the bar code is different. Amazon gets too much love :roll:

Well ok those games were the exception to my initial post lol. As for the incomplete thing, I never worry about that cause I always make Sure my games and cases are complete and in great condition ( i get bitchy when it comes to those things lol ) lll stick with amazon. Oh and they take old gameboy, nes and snes games too ( and with nice trade values for more than you think ) I don't know anyone else who does. Oh and sorry if they returned some of your games back, that does suck

#7 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Well ok those games were the exception to my initial post lol. As for the incomplete thing, I never worry about that cause I always make Sure my games and cases are complete and in great condition ( i get bitchy when it comes to those things lol ) lll stick with amazon. Oh and they take old gameboy, nes and snes games too ( and with nice trade values for more than you think ) I don't know anyone else who does. Oh and sorry if they returned some of your games back, that does suck

It has happened twice where 2 games were returned because they were Wal-Mart exclusive... that was crap.

Sometimes you may find great deals on ebay or half.com where games are incomplete. I personally could care less if they come wrapped in newspaper, all I care is about the game and a good deal.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#8 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

It has happened twice where 2 games were returned because they were Wal-Mart exclusive... that was crap.

Sometimes you may find great deals on ebay or half.com where games are incomplete. I personally could care less if they come wrapped in newspaper, all I care is about the game and a good deal.

I hate store exclusive versions of games. The only difference between them is the dlc code that comes with them. All they have to do is give you the standerd version and a separate dlc code at the casher counter simple.

#9 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

Anyone else having problems brining the coupon up? I get stuck in an endless loop of two pages loading back and forth.

#10 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'm gonna try and return an Amazon LA Noire to Gamestop, see what they say.

Worst case scenario I'll sell on Craigslist.

fs_overall.png

#11 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Is this a scan of the coupon from LA Noire? Can we use copy?

#12 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

The only reason this could be remotely attractive is because I won't be able to trade my best buy sku specific copy of la noire into amazon.

Is there an easy way to tell if you have a store specific SKU copy of a game? (Aside from doing a SKU search when you get home, cuz we don't all have smartphones and can't do a search in-store before we buy.)

#13 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

Is there an easy way to tell if you have a store specific SKU copy of a game? (Aside from doing a SKU search when you get home, cuz we don't all have smartphones and can't do a search in-store before we buy.)

If a game has Exclusive items or bonuses that are inside the packaging/shrink-wrapped game, that's a huge hint that your copy is retailer specific.
Look for stickers for labels that state the content is exclusive and/or bundled. Just because DLC is store specific doesn't mean that the sku will be different, but if its inside the game - there's a good chance.

#14 silentxstereo

silentxstereo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Would this work with the trade 3 for an extra $10 going on?

#15 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

Motorstorm apoc:

Amazon: 27.00
Gamestop: 20.00 + 40% = 28.00

MLB 11: The show:

Amazon: 21 (magically dropped from 37 a few days ago)
Gamestop: 23 + 40% = 32.20

Grand total 60.20 usd (GS) or 48 (amazon)

So yeah...

on topic: As asked earlier would it be safe to use freely? I would love to get 60.20 for my games if that is the case!

#16 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Motorstorm apoc:

Amazon: 27.00
Gamestop: 20.00 + 40% = 28.00

MLB 11: The show:

Amazon: 21 (magically dropped from 37 a few days ago)
Gamestop: 23 + 40% = 32.20

Grand total 60.20 usd (GS) or 48 (amazon)

So yeah...

on topic: As asked earlier would it be safe to use freely? I would love to get 60.20 for my games if that is the case!

Supply and demand;

Amazon's TIV for MLB 11 PS3 was $31 for a couple weeks solid until a TIV DOTD which bumped it to $37. Because they had so many traded in, the value dropped to $21. Nothing magic about it.

#17 element676

element676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

estarland has the best trade in values in my personal opinion.

#18 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:17 PM

Can also combo this with the PUR card as well, this coupon is supposed to be for those who bought L.A. Noire from gamestop, but anyone can use them. They have these on a pad at the store, I snagged a couple for friends and the code is the same on each. Not sure if you can just print it out since they come from those pad's and employee's know that or should.

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

I trade into both places, and you're statement is not always true. I cross-reference both sites and factor in deals before trading in, and it's about 50/50.

#20 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

Thanks! Was waiting for something like this to unload a few higher valued games and didn't think the extra $3 a pop from the other promo was worth it.

#21 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

best case scenario is amazon bumps up all tiv's by +50% ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#22 lingitiz

lingitiz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

Gonna use this to trade up to a PS3 with the powerup coupon. Should work right?

#23 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:19 AM

Coupon states "games" so no.

#24 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

I trade into both places, and you're statement is not always true. I cross-reference both sites and factor in deals before trading in, and it's about 50/50.

The problem with GS is that there is no easy site to check the values. If I could look up what I'd get at GS without driving in or calling in, then I'd take more stuff there. Hiding their trade values is stupid, especially in light of the fact that there are 2 sites that advertise their TIVs (and those sites usually beat GS anyway).

#25 SCDallas

SCDallas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

Not saying amazon TIV is better but you should also factor in that most people pay no tax from amazon, their prices are generally cheaper, and for most free shipping.

#26 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:49 AM

The problem with GS is that there is no easy site to check the values. If I could look up what I'd get at GS without driving in or calling in, then I'd take more stuff there. Hiding their trade values is stupid, especially in light of the fact that there are 2 sites that advertise their TIVs (and those sites usually beat GS anyway).

the used sellling price is a very good indicator

#27 PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster

Sacrilicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

Not saying amazon TIV is better but you should also factor in that most people pay no tax from amazon, their prices are generally cheaper, and for most free shipping.

In Washington it's the opposite. I pay tax on Amazon purchases, but Gamestop purchases with trade credit are tax free.

the used sellling price is a very good indicator

That's rarely true, but we do have a thread of trade values here on CAG: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=292073

Digital distribution is the death of the preservation of the arts.

Game Collection: http://backloggery.c...r=penguinmaster
Blu-ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...action=overview

#28 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:26 AM

That's rarely true, but we do have a thread of trade values here on CAG: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=292073

uh if a game is 14.99 vs 29.99 vs 54.99 used, i have a pretty good ninja'ing idea what the tivy of that game is

#29 AnubisRW

AnubisRW

You took too long....now your candy's gone...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

estarland has the best trade in values in my personal opinion.

Yeah, I gotta second that...I've traded a bunch of stuff there, the only problem is their inventory is really limited, so you can end up sitting on a lot of store credit waiting for something you want to show up...

#30 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Bye bye brink. Hello Dirt 3