Get an extra 40% Trade-ins GAMESTOP in-store credit coupon

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#91 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

im looking at the receipt and lol i ended up selling one ps2 game. even though i still have it, so i don't know how that got on their

what the hell i only made $14 for fable 3 and $8 for ODST but i make $11 for deadly premonition?

i dont understand this fable 3 should trade in at $14 without a bonus alone so i would think it should end up in the $20 with the bonus. i mean what the hell.

#92 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:53 AM

im looking at the receipt and lol i ended up selling one ps2 game. even though i still have it, so i don't know how that got on their

what the hell i only made $14 for fable 3 and $8 for ODST but i make $11 for deadly premonition?

i dont understand this fable 3 should trade in at $14 without a bonus alone so i would think it should end up in the $20 with the bonus. i mean what the hell.

one of the great mysteries. I am still confused how MLB is more popular than Motorstorm going off TIV lol

#93 feroca

feroca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

What does Fable III says on the receipt? You know usually it says:
-Name of the game + Total value (after offers)
-Offer #1: Extra value (usually deals)
-Offer #2: Extra value (usually PowerUp 10%)

Also, that PS2 game...do you remember if you gave a similar game/sequel of that specific game? I remember that one time I traded Dead or Alive 4, but was given the value of Dead or Alive 3 (disc only, so the employee just looked on the list and added the first one he saw it seems). The difference was just $2, and the employee said he couldn't "fix it", but gave me a $2 discount on the game I was buying back then (Resistance 1) , as I was buying the game after being given the total value on a card.

#94 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

coupon worked great. $15 for infamous (that I bought for 10 at BB a few weeks back)

(edit: 15 was post 40% (coupon) and 10% (PUR) - base was 10)

#95 KingNothing09

KingNothing09

Where's your crown?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

So do you actually have to print this out to use it? Or can you just show the dude behind the counter the coupon code on your phone and he can type it in? I don't have a printer...really wanna see what they offer me for a handful of games and compare it to Amazon's trade in offer.

*edit, see other people posted about showing the code on phone and worked. So will have to do that.

#96 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

What does Fable III says on the receipt? You know usually it says:
-Name of the game + Total value (after offers)
-Offer #1: Extra value (usually deals)
-Offer #2: Extra value (usually PowerUp 10%)

Fable 3 <xb360> T20 -14.32
952694 952/000
bonus: 3.32 promo #11106
bonus: 1.00 powerup card 10%

brought a black and white printed coupon and worked no problem

After coupon and 10% edge bump....All Xbox
Dragon Age 2 $33

Thanks for posting the coupon!

i just looked at my receipt i got $27.54 for DA2

man.. if i got jipped on that i know i got jipped on others

#97 RutgersKev

RutgersKev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

Notice for people trading in multiple games:

I was doing a Blockbuster-Gamestop flip and was trading in

Fallout New Vegas PS3 - $8 Base
Fallout New Vegas XBox360 - $8 Base
Kane and Lynch 2: XBox360 - $5 Base
Singularity: PS3 $7 Base (Best buy trades in for $11 btw)

I rang them all in and did the 40% off coupon. I noticed that the trade values on Fallout and Singularity went down after the coupon. It was the trade 3 get $10.

So, I had him ring up Singularity, Kane and Lynch and Flallout, got the 3 for $10 bonus and then in a separate transaction I rang up Fallout new Vegas.

By doing this I got $44 in trade in value instead of $41. Be aware of this if your trading in multiples of 3.

#98 feroca

feroca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

952694 952/000

Yep, seems you got jipped and were given the "trade 3 get $10" offer instead of the 40% extra... :p

Though in Fable III's case the difference wasn't that big; since with the 40% and the 10%..the total would've been $15 (Base value is $10). When trading multiple games with coupons and current offers, the system usually gives you the offer and not the coupon, unless the employee manually overrides each price. As you can see by ScottBigGame trading DA2 and getting $33, instead of the $27 you got...it works fine when there are no offers on it tied to the trades.

#99 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

952694 952/000

That sucks.

I went in with a hand full of games and traded in the ones that were over $9 with the 40% bump coupon, then I made a separate transaction with 3 other games that were under $9 to take advantage of the $10 bump.

I made sure they were done separately because I'm pretty sure the computer can only do 1 deal at a time.
Posted Image

#100 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Traded in portal 2, bulletstorm and halo reach (all for xbox 360) and got $79.50 with the in store 40% trade in credit promotion and 10% more with my pur card. They were just the game discs so not too shabby I say.

#101 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the coupon! Traded Killzone 3 for $32.20 and Heavy Rain for $21 with the 40%. Also traded 3 older PS3 games, but since each was worth less than $8, I did a separate transaction to get the $10 bonus instead since I'd get less money with the 40%.

#102 OptimusPrimeJewForm

OptimusPrimeJewForm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Dude your screen name is freaking epic. lol

Posted Image

:) LOL thx

#103 SCDallas

SCDallas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Traded in:

3x 360 Controllers
White Knight Chronicles
Skate 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
GTAIV
Halo 3
ODST
Gears of War 2
RE5
MX vs ATV
MW2
SOCOM 2 (psp)

Got $147.86

#104 seasonalbrew

seasonalbrew

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:55 AM

I traded in:

Mortal Kombat(PS3) - 37.50
Black Ops(360) - 33.00
Mario Galaxy(wii) - 16.50
Oblivion GOTY(PS3) - 22.50

$109.50 total with 40% + pur.

#105 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

went back for seconds to trade in portal 2

$23 (mediocre) before coupon + PUR

$34.50 after. Not bad since i paid $34.99 at amazon (paid $54.99 actually, but the $20 credit is as good as cash for me, since i buy a lot for school anyway)

thanks op

#106 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Does GameStop price-match EVER? I wanna trade-in my formerly-new TRU version (with the Kitana DLC, bleh) I got for $30 for a new GS version with the Scorpion DLC. If only BB was taking it for such a high price.

I'd do it if I had a guarantee of a sale on it again in the upcoming month, though I guess that looks unlikely at this point considering all the sales already.
How much would an MK online pass sell for, you think?

#107 ev1lg00dguy

ev1lg00dguy

Drowned by Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the tip! Got me a few extra $ on some tradins. :)

#108 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Traded in MvC3 (Without the Limited Edition Steel Case), and Halo Reach for 53$ and some change.

Not bad at all seeing as i never play either of them <_<.

Now to hurry and beat Portal 2 and L.A Noire so i can trade those in before sunday.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#109 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Traded in MvC3 (Without the Limited Edition Steel Case), and Halo Reach for 53$ and some change.

Not bad at all seeing as i never play either of them <_<.

Now to hurry and beat Portal 2 and L.A Noire so i can trade those in before sunday.

Why would you trade in Portal 2? They announced free DLC, man! : D

LA Noire is fine, not a whole lot of replayability if you're not a perfectionist, aside from the DLC cases down the line (some of the pre-order bonuses that are destined to get a DLC release are linked with achievements though). TIV with +50% from coupon + PUR is still holding @ $37.50 for LA Noire (same as MK9 for WHATEVER reason).

#110 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

Meh, i mean.....i might play it again <_<, but at the same time, it might just end up on my huge shelf of "Backlog hell" and never get played again.

Didnt realize there was free DLC, so ill have to think about it. Thanks for that bit of info
Posted ImagePosted Image

#111 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Meh, i mean.....i might play it again <_<, but at the same time, it might just end up on my huge shelf of "Backlog hell" and never get played again.

Didnt realize there was free DLC, so ill have to think about it. Thanks for that bit of info

Straight from the Portal 2 wikipedia page (I read it somewhere else legitimate before I made mention of it, I just forget where):

According to VP of marketing Doug Lombardi Valve plans to produce downloadable content for Portal 2, with the first set of content expected to arrive in mid-2011.[33] This content will be free for all users regardless of platform, including new test chambers and a similar "challenge mode" that appeared in the first Portal; where players must complete a chamber under specific time, movement, or portal restrictions or with new elements added to each room. The challenge modes will be available for both single player and co-operative modes.[108][109]

No problem, 'tis what I'm here all the time for.

#112 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Damn you bobby! Now i have to keep it *Shakes fist angrily in gratitude*
Posted ImagePosted Image

#113 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Lol, sorry. Ignorance is bliss? But yeah, it's not like Portal 2 is gonna drop to $30, or even below $40 anytime soon (aside from Black Friday), best to just buy it and keep it now. And like I said, it's no problem. Gotta put all the useless gaming knowledge I gather daily to use somehow, right?

#114 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

So you don't have to print the coupon right? You can just write it down and tell them when your going to trade in.

#115 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

So you don't have to print the coupon right? You can just write it down and tell them when your going to trade in.

I refer you the post above you.

Also, the LA Noire game you got for $20 (more or less meaning you paid $40 for the game and coupon per copy), so a $17.50 profit on each = $35, not too shabby a profit (in GS credit, anyways).

#116 DealerMaker

DealerMaker

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

It says on the 40% coupon that you can't combine it with other offers.

#117 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone know if you can combine this trade in promo with the "extra $5 trade in credit on a 3ds game" PUR weekly steal?

Tried another offer earlier this week, they said no. Might be YMMV though.

Edit:

@Cheese

Lol, I hate you. Fucking BB. *facepalm* My friend traded his K-mart copy for a Walmart copy, apparently they didn't check either.

#118 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

Does anyone know if you can combine this trade in promo with the "extra $5 trade in credit on a 3ds game" PUR weekly steal?

The only thing you can currently combo this coupon with is the PUR card.

@Bobby The Gamestop copy doesnt have the scorpion code in the box and GameStop is no longer offering the backup code in their system, checked today.

All of the retro DLC is coming out soon for 4.99 or 400 points very soon anyway, press release was today.

#119 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

I refer you the post above you.

Also, the LA Noire game you got for $20 (more or less meaning you paid $40 for the game and coupon per copy), so a $17.50 profit on each = $35, not too shabby a profit (in GS credit, anyways).

Hey maybe the store that I go to could be dicks and not accept it with physical proof.

#120 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

The only thing you can currently combo this coupon with is the PUR card.

@Bobby The Gamestop copy doesnt have the scorpion code in the box and GameStop is no longer offering the backup code in their system, checked today.

All of the retro DLC is coming out soon for 4.99 or 400 points very soon anyway, press release was today.

I appreciate that you replied to my older posts. After I got ignored by everyone, I more or less gave up on getting an answer. The press release was today? Shit, no wonder I didn't hear about it until today. But yeah, I found out about that a little bit earlier today in the MK9 KE for $80 thread, thank you though!

@RHK

I was just letting you know someone answered your question. I'm pretty sure it's not YMMV since the coupon code is universal. But if you wanna be safe, print it out, no big deal.