Motorstorm: Apocalypse $44.99 @ Amazon

I love this series ! Pacific rift will tie me over till I finally pick this up. I want to get through my backlog first before I add another racer. How is the destructible environments in this game like ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe this game dropped this fast, if I dident have a flood of games to play this June I might have picked this up.

Its been at $45 for a while. I believe they are price matching Bestbuy.

SOCOM 4 is also $45 if anyone is interested.

Tempted by the price but i'll pass on this. I bought Pacific Rift on release day, within six months it was clearenced out at $14.98 at Target. I'll wait for a price drop.

This game will drop quickly. It's gotten a very mixed reception...lot of people saying it's not a "motorstorm game." By the end of the summer you'll get it for $25 or less. I'll wait.

I got it last week for the same price at Best Buy. Not sure what to think right now. It's almost like the game was made by a different developer. The cars look and act like the PSP version of the game--less detail and way less crash physics than the other two console MS games--and the cutscenes are as bad as people say.

I played for a couple of hours last night and things finally started to gel with me a little--some of the environments DO look good enough to justify the poly-starved cars--but still. I agree this game will drop further fairly quickly if you can wait. Pick up Split/Second for cheap in the meantime--it's the same thing done better, IMO.

FYI, I believe Apocalypse runs at a native 1080p if you're playing in 2D and your TV/monitor supports it. That might explain the drop in graphical fidelity over Pacific Rift, although to be honest I think the game looks amazing in motion.

I strongly recommend trying out the demo prior to purchasing this game. Apocalypse feels nothing like the previous Motorstorm games. It's more like Burnout now. I was really disappointed and don't think it's worth any more than 20 bucks. Huge let down to what was a great series before this lackluster effort.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I strongly recommend trying out the demo prior to purchasing this game. Apocalypse feels nothing like the previous Motorstorm games. It's more like Burnout now. I was really disappointed and don't think it's worth any more than 20 bucks. Huge let down to what was a great series before this lackluster effort.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really wanted to play the demo but the store is still down until Tuesday. :censored:

[quote name='dylandersen']Yeah, I really wanted to play the demo but the store is still down until Tuesday. :censored:[/QUOTE]

The last time I checked it was down...

bread's done
Back