Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/22/11 to 5/28/11)

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#31 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

I just think everyone is a little jealous and envious of all the success you have getting PM's; especially atypical PM's that involve GC's or coupons and bundles.

I understand you put a lot of legwork in and took the time to get familar with the reps at your store and at the BB Forums; but honestly I feel like if I make a big commotion at my store then I'm going to have a bullseye on my back. I spend a lot of money on games there and if it is a super hot deal I buy to resell or flip elsewhere. That is against BB's T&C. You can not be a RZ member and be a reseller. Saving an extra $5 to $10 isn't worth me having my account red flagged. Also, I only have one Best Buy in my market, the next closest is over 100 miles.

I am fairly positive that if I started bringing each game, system, accessory etc back sometime during the 45 day window to get a price guarantee or a return/rebuy or a price match to another retailer I'm going to get myself banned from that store.

Why would you get banned for exercising your rights to their PM policy? Not arguing just questioning.

Enuf told me to complain on BB forum for a store not complying w/ PM protocol.
I received a phone a call about a week later from the manager of the store.
During the conversation I told her, "You do you BB is not doing me any favor when you guys are PMing right? I am doing you guys a favor by giving you the opportunity to earn my business." At that point she acknowledged the shortsightedness in her store and apologized graciously about any inconveniences.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#32 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

In all honesty I've caused some of my problems. I wasn't allowed to use Disney MQ on blu-rays in conjunction with Best Buy's release prices because they said that the release (sale) price couldn't be combined with any other offer. Finally they caved on this (rightfully so) but that started all the tension.

Then I got sloppy and bought a bunch of shaun white games across all platforms when they were being sold for $20 and trading for $25. They allowed me to do the trade-ins but refused my brother who was next in line. They also made a big deal when I tried to take the DLC cards from the new copies that I opened in front of them and insisted they needed to be included to get the trade. My brother was just going to give in and get his refund (he hadn't opened them yet) but I told him to hang on and I called the RZ hotline. They called the store and told them to accept the trade ins. This added fuel to the fire and they started to find reasons to deny price matches rather then approve them.

The final straw was that a few weeks after the Shaun White episode the Gamer site released a coupon that dropped the price down to $10 (I had paid $20 for my copies). I tried to get them to do a price guarentee but they said they couldn't because it wasn't a price drop it was an offer that involved a coupon (even though it was a BB coupon) and that since the coupon wasn't valid when I had originally bought the games I was SOL.

So without thinking I decided to just buy new copies and do a return on the old receipt for when I bought like six copies and for $20 and traded them in. Well I didn't realize that the original receipt I paid $20 on had a notation that those copies had already been traded in. So when I went to return six copies of Shaun White using a receipt that was flagged in their system as proof of a trade in they accused me of stealing and LP was called over. I admitted that I was just trying to return rebuy and that had they just given me the price adjustment this all could have been avoided.

At this point the MOD spoke to me and said that I had committed return fraud (He is technically right) and that the store has noticed I buy an abnormal amount of duplicate games and that BB frowns upon resellers.

At this point I decided that I needed best buy more then they needed me and I decided to keep a low profile and do a combination of morning and evening shopping (different staff) as well as in store pick-up and shipping so that I'm not in their every day looking for sales / clearances. If I had multiple BB in my area I'd be more proactive in trying to get them to actually follow their policies but like I said it isn't worth me burning that bridge since they can technically deny service to anyone.

#33 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hmm, yeah, you're entirely to blame for all your problems with BB. At least you realize it, instead of denying it.

#34 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hmm, yeah, you're entirely to blame for all your problems with BB. At least you realize it, instead of denying it.

Yes and no. I should have never had to do a return / rebuy to get the credit back on the shaun white game and Best Buy should have never deneid the trade-ins in the first place.

It was a hypothetical shoving match.

Edit: And what I did with the return rebuy is no different then anyone who has ever bought a game at a midnight launch from a retailer and then returned their amazon copy (most likely cheaper cost) back to that same B&M retailer using their receipt.

Think about it.

#35 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

:applause::applause::applause:

Standing ovation for the dumbest post of the day.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#36 gamecube ichiban

gamecube ichiban

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

In all honesty I've caused some of my problems. I wasn't allowed to use Disney MQ on blu-rays in conjunction with Best Buy's release prices because they said that the release (sale) price couldn't be combined with any other offer. Finally they caved on this (rightfully so) but that started all the tension.

Then I got sloppy and bought a bunch of shaun white games across all platforms when they were being sold for $20 and trading for $25. They allowed me to do the trade-ins but refused my brother who was next in line. They also made a big deal when I tried to take the DLC cards from the new copies that I opened in front of them and insisted they needed to be included to get the trade. My brother was just going to give in and get his refund (he hadn't opened them yet) but I told him to hang on and I called the RZ hotline. They called the store and told them to accept the trade ins. This added fuel to the fire and they started to find reasons to deny price matches rather then approve them.

The final straw was that a few weeks after the Shaun White episode the Gamer site released a coupon that dropped the price down to $10 (I had paid $20 for my copies). I tried to get them to do a price guarentee but they said they couldn't because it wasn't a price drop it was an offer that involved a coupon (even though it was a BB coupon) and that since the coupon wasn't valid when I had originally bought the games I was SOL.

So without thinking I decided to just buy new copies and do a return on the old receipt for when I bought like six copies and for $20 and traded them in. Well I didn't realize that the original receipt I paid $20 on had a notation that those copies had already been traded in. So when I went to return six copies of Shaun White using a receipt that was flagged in their system as proof of a trade in they accused me of stealing and LP was called over. I admitted that I was just trying to return rebuy and that had they just given me the price adjustment this all could have been avoided.

At this point the MOD spoke to me and said that I had committed return fraud (He is technically right) and that the store has noticed I buy an abnormal amount of duplicate games and that BB frowns upon resellers.

At this point I decided that I needed best buy more then they needed me and I decided to keep a low profile and do a combination of morning and evening shopping (different staff) as well as in store pick-up and shipping so that I'm not in their every day looking for sales / clearances. If I had multiple BB in my area I'd be more proactive in trying to get them to actually follow their policies but like I said it isn't worth me burning that bridge since they can technically deny service to anyone.

damn, awful lot of legwork and hassle to save and make a few extra bucks.
I saw some dude doing a similar thing at BB $10 game sale (buying every copy of all the good games), pissed off a bunch of other people there that were legitimately just looking for good games at good prices.

Its just my opinion, but flipper/hoarder/re-seller whatevers ruin these sales for everyone else.
eh whatever. God Bless Amazon

#37 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

I just think everyone is a little jealous and envious of all the success you have getting PM's; especially atypical PM's that involve GC's or coupons and bundles.

I understand you put a lot of legwork in and took the time to get familar with the reps at your store and at the BB Forums; but honestly I feel like if I make a big commotion at my store then I'm going to have a bullseye on my back. I spend a lot of money on games there and if it is a super hot deal I buy to resell or flip elsewhere. That is against BB's T&C. You can not be a RZ member and be a reseller. Saving an extra $5 to $10 isn't worth me having my account red flagged. Also, I only have one Best Buy in my market, the next closest is over 100 miles.

I am fairly positive that if I started bringing each game, system, accessory etc back sometime during the 45 day window to get a price guarantee or a return/rebuy or a price match to another retailer I'm going to get myself banned from that store.

This. Your stories (although some just as crazy as Enuf's stuff) are more typical than his from experiences people seem to have with Best Buy (even just regular co-workers or family in different areas).

Even when the staff knows you and likes you, it doesn't mean things will work out. Enuf has lucked into a great manager/regional combo (likely regional based on his stories varying some stores)

Enuf's leg-work is also borderline OCD, complete with buying stuff at the other location just to get the receipt... many times for $5, it isn't worth it.
-Michael

Posted Image

#38 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

The DOA deal makes this. Early reviews on Metcritic are definitely good, 78/79 the last I checked, which for the 3DS makes it a top 3 game. I've always preferred the simple mechanics of DOA over SF. Plus, the 3D in DOA seems to be one of its better features, plus a ton of in-game collectables. This will actually cause me to pick-up my 3DS again.

Question: can you browse the internet with the 3DS yet? Haven't tried this since launch, and knew the fix was a few weeks away.

#39 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

The DOA deal makes this. Early reviews on Metcritic are definitely good, 78/79 the last I checked, which for the 3DS makes it a top 3 game. I've always preferred the simple mechanics of DOA over SF. Plus, the 3D in DOA seems to be one of its better features, plus a ton of in-game collectables. This will actually cause me to pick-up my 3DS again.

Question: can you browse the internet with the 3DS yet? Haven't tried this since launch, and knew the fix was a few weeks away.

I have the same question.. I picked up one at launch along with SF and Rayman. I put some hours into SF but haven't touched Rayman. I figured I'd wait until Zelda or RE to play with it again but have been eagerly awaiting an update on the internet browser or netflix app.

#40 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Online update for 3DS is confirmed for June 6. It was supposed to be "late May" but was pushed back. Interestingly enough, Nintendo's E3 conference is June 7 so it makes me wonder if there might be some surprises in store.

#41 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

This. Your stories (although some just as crazy as Enuf's stuff) are more typical than his from experiences people seem to have with Best Buy (even just regular co-workers or family in different areas).
Even when the staff knows you and likes you, it doesn't mean things will work out. Enuf has lucked into a great manager/regional combo (likely regional based on his stories varying some stores)
Enuf's leg-work is also borderline OCD, complete with buying stuff at the other location just to get the receipt... many times for $5, it isn't worth it.

I rarely have to buy something with a receipt to pm I did it with MK @ TRU which was $30. My end results on games are $30-$40 paid outta pocket w/either a $10 pre-order and/or $10-$20 giftcard. So basically I wind up saving $20 cash per $60 game purchase. I rarely bother with games that BB doesn't offer a $10 pre-order or $10-$20 gc unless there's a RZ coupon or something that drops the games value alot.

Motorstorm $45 no pm needed
LA Noire $60 + $20 gc + $10 pre-order(will pm it down 2 $40 w/i 45 days)
3rd birthday $20 using the "useless" BB @ gamer coupon
tomb raider trilogy $25 using the "useless" BB @ gamer coupon
If I see motorstorm on sale for $40 I'll get the pm for $5 but since I'll either be in the store pre-ordering another game or making a purchase it's no extra gas. Also, gotta grab Thor & the Mechanic.

#42 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:04 AM

Posted Image Best Buy

Posted Image Xbox 360 4GB Kinect console with free $50 Best Buy gift card $299.99

Posted Image Buy a Kinect sensor, get one free game from the following (Michael Jackson: The Experience, Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do, Body and Brain Connection, Yoostar 2: In the Movies, Your Shape Fitness Evolved) $149.99

Posted Image Xbox 360 250GB hard drive $99.99

Posted Image Turtle Beach Ear Force X31 head set $79.99

Posted Image Kung Fu Panda 2 with Best Buy exclusive "Po's Food Fight Level" $49.99

Posted Image Preorder Gears of War 3 and get a Best Buy exclusive Mechanic Baird

Posted ImagePosted Image Mortal Kombat $49.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Michael Jackson: The Experience $39.99
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Crysis 2 $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Portal 2 $39.99
Posted Image MotionSports: Play For Real $34.99
Posted Image Zumba Fitness $34.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $29.99
Posted Image Yoostar 2: In the Movies $29.99
Posted Image Portal 2 $29.99
Posted Image World of Warcraft Battle Chest $29.99
Posted Image World of Warcraft: Cataclysm $29.99
Posted Image World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King $29.99
Posted Image World of Warcraft $9.99

Posted Image Target

Posted Image PlayStation 3 160GB console with free $60 Target gift card $299.99

Posted Image PS3 controller $54.99

Posted ImagePosted Image L.A. Noire $59.99
Posted ImagePosted Image NASCAR 2011: The Game $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Shift 2 Unleashed $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Bulletstorm $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Dead Space 2 $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Crysis 2 $39.99
Posted ImagePosted Image Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $29.99

Posted Image Wii console bundle with Mario Kart, Wii Wheel, MotionPlus Remote and Nunchuck (in black or white, no rain checks) $149.99

Posted Image Super Mario Sluggers $19.99
Posted Image FlingSmash with Wii MotionPlus Remote $19.99
Posted Image Kirby's Epic Yarn $19.99

Edited by Indiana Jones, 22 May 2011 - 12:56 AM.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#43 debuster01

debuster01

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:06 AM

not bad

#44 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:10 AM

"L.A. Noire $59.99"

Looks like Target is finally starting to flex their deal muscles #-o
Posted Image

#45 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Mario Strikers for $20 is hot, EU got that as a Select title and we didn't. Hoping Amazon matches

Oh and it looks like maybe AC:Brotherhood might be a universal drop. Maybe a Greatest hits?

#46 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Posted Image Target

Posted Image PlayStation 3 160GB console with free $60 Target gift card $299.99

For real? Target raising up the ante? No more $50 gift cards, folks. It's $60 now! :lol:

And Best Buy's price match policy would convert that gift card as a $60 off at the register, so $239.99 upfront ain't too shabby if that's what you're looking for.

#47 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Wii Remote Plus w/Flingsmash for $20 is a great offer. The game may be garbage, but you can beat a Wiimote for 20 bucks.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (28) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:  :wiiu: Hyrule Warriros

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#48 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

Did any of you guys get some e-mail from BB about signing your RZ card up for some kind of dining points things? The e-mail seems really weird and doesn't make a lot of sense -- why would I get BB RZ points for dining out? Is this a new thing?

#49 shadowknight203

shadowknight203

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

too bad the world ends!!!!

#50 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

Did any of you guys get some e-mail from BB about signing your RZ card up for some kind of dining points things? The e-mail seems really weird and doesn't make a lot of sense -- why would I get BB RZ points for dining out? Is this a new thing?

I don't know if the e-mail is legit but the Dining out business definitely is. They've been doing it for a while but it's only for select restaurants, not anything like a McDonalds or Taco Bell. I'd be able to get a free TV if that were the case.
Posted Image

#51 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

Bleh, was hoping for a 3DS Game deal, especially with Dead or Alive coming out. To Toys R Us it is!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

Flingsmash ain't bad... easily worth five or ten bucks. But heck, it comes with a motion plus controller! I bought one of these at Best Buy for $35 several months back.

I have two controllers now. I'm debating if I want to max out and get four...? I dunno; I rarely play with more than just a single friend, but it's always nice to be prepared.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#53 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

Likely in for Flingsmash as I've been meaning to pick up a motion plus controller

#54 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

For real? Target raising up the ante? No more $50 gift cards, folks. It's $60 now! :lol:

And Best Buy's price match policy would convert that gift card as a $60 off at the register, so $239.99 upfront ain't too shabby if that's what you're looking for.

OHHHH YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! It might... just 'might' be that time for a PS3 console!!!!!!!!! :D Hmmm... I keep thinking the $100 drop just might happen! Hmmm...

If I got it from Best Buy and the deal got better in a few weeks, would I get the rest later?

#55 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

Thanks OP!

#56 Mr.SmileyOne

Mr.SmileyOne

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

thank you for the post on such great deals; thinking of either getting Crysis 2 or AC:Brotherhood. hmm o_O

#57 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the ads...these are nice, but I'm really excited to see if BB will continue these solid, unadvertised sales that they've been having. Some nice prices to be found on bb.com the last couple of weeks.

#58 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

is 20 bucks the new drop for kirbys epic yarn? Its dropped to 29.99 most places i noticed. ANd its unusual for Target to have a game actually on sale =P

#59 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:53 AM

If anyone goes to Target, be on the lookout at the register. The coupon printer is giving out $100 gift card coupons for purchase with a PS3. I haven't managed to get one, but my boss did. Couple that with the $60 gift card next week and it's not a bad deal. Not sure how to trigger them to print out though. :/

#60 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

OHHHH YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! It might... just 'might' be that time for a PS3 console!!!!!!!!! :D Hmmm... I keep thinking the $100 drop just might happen! Hmmm...

If I got it from Best Buy and the deal got better in a few weeks, would I get the rest later?

I wouldn't be surprised at a $100 dollar price drop though I'm not expecting it. It's been a few years at $299 now, sales are probably a bit stagnant and the whole PSN fiasco hasn't help much either. I need a new PS3 after mine died, so I'll be holding out for the $200 pricepoint.